click 125i approaching 40k km maintenance?

So my click 125i is about 4-5yrs old now and still running extremely well, replaced the tyres and back break at 25k and belt once at 23k and again at 37k when it snapped, air filter replaced at 27k. Lately I am noticing my bike losing a little power as in it used to do 95kph no problem now it's struggling at 80, I have read that the spark plugs should be replaced, anything else I should look at getting replaced? is it better to just sell and buy a new one or keep this one going if it is running fine?

Edited by theonetrueaussie

Don't sell her;

bad karma.

13Kkm on an air-filter; 

spring for a new one.

Plug; yup.

Does she smoke (rev her up on center stand)

/ use oil?

Top job is cheap.

Pull brake fluid cap and flush if fluid looks milky.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Look in your owner's manual, it tells you all the preventive maintenance you should have done.

I agree.  Best odds, although still poor, of getting all recommended maintenance done is to take it to an actual Honda shop and go over the required maintenance in the manual with the service manager.  It probably won't get done as well or as properly as it should but it's still cheap enough to give it a go. Someone posted a 125i Click manual in English here

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papa al said:

Don't sell her;

bad karma.

13Kkm on an air-filter; 

spring for a new one.

Plug; yup.

Does she smoke (rev her up on center stand)

/ use oil?

Top job is cheap.

Pull brake fluid cap and flush if fluid looks milky.

does not smoke at all and still works really well, not a lot of loss of power just noticeable enough. 38k km so far on original spark plugs so guessing it needs new ones. will get the airfilter done as well and have them look at brake fluid cheers. Any idea how much new spark plugs should cost and anything to watch out for, normally I just take to a local mechanic here in phuket to do as I have no idea lol.

Didn't mention any maintenance done on the drive pulleys and the clutch, you should start in there. Your rollers must've been so worn, and what little left on the clutch pads are running out too..

40k kms is nothing. Iv'e got a 150 at 70k kms and it runs like new. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've done 27k and have only changed the oil so far every 4k, will be interesting what people recommend

Drive belt replace at 24 kms. The OPs snapped 14,000 after he replaced it. They don't last forever.

• Like 1

Thanks for the morning laugh, 38K on the original spark plug is some kind of record. The fact the bike is still going demonstrates how bulletproof the engine design is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

125i loss of speed. Bung a can of fuel system cleaner into the fuel tank. (Available at most motorcycle shops) about 30 baht. Clean or replace the air cleaner, new spark plug. Thats about 350 baht.

If it still struggles then yes new variator pulley and weights. about another 350 baht. 

Me? I'd bung the fuel system cleaner in and run around for a week. Then take 1000 baht to the main Honda dealer, Get a 36,000 km service and add all the above stuff if not covered by the 36,000 km

Must say don't much about fuel injected bike stuff my Versys needed fueling computer check and was found to be not correct.

My Airblade scoot 108 has a Carb it has done 21,300 kilometers in 14 years, dunno about it's variator pulley and weights I guess that's the twist and go gearbox. ????

15 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Thanks for the morning laugh, 38K on the original spark plug is some kind of record. The fact the bike is still going demonstrates how bulletproof the engine design is.

Not really a reflection on the engine and 38K is not a lot if it is a Iridium plug they can go 160,000 K plus, ordinary copper core plugs are usually recommended to be changed at 25,000K but plugs can be used for much longer. 

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Not really a reflection on the engine and 38K is not a lot if it is a Iridium plug they can go 160,000 K plus, ordinary copper core plugs are usually recommended to be changed at 25,000K but plugs can be used for much longer. 

What's the harm in using the existing plug if it's not causing a problem? except one day it might not start, then there's the kick start

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's the harm in using the existing plug if it's not causing a problem?

except one day it might not start, then there's the kick start

No problem using a high kilometer used plug if the bikes fueling has been constant, a good quality copper core plug are known to do 45K before change. 

If a bike doesn't start because of bad plug trouble the kick start won't start it, you will just work up a sweat. ????

If the battery is to low to start a bike the kick start can be handy then but not on all bikes. 

• Like 1

What about the hydgroscopic properties of ethanol fuel? Say the bike was sitting for a week or so with less than half a tank of fuel. What with the high humidity, is it possible the moisture content could be affecting the performance. I put that out there because a short while ago I noticed a loss of performance with my scooter while in a rush to get somewhere. The bike is service regularly at the dealership since new (50k+ on the clock). It crossed my mind while out that I hadn't used the bike in a week or more. I stopped and filled up the tank (it was at about half capacity or a little less). From that point onward it ran like a top. Wadda ya reckon, a fluke or might there be something to it?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thaigang said:

What about the hydgroscopic properties of ethanol fuel? Say the bike was sitting for a week or so with less than half a tank of fuel. What with the high humidity, is it possible the moisture content could be affecting the performance

Never noticed any problem, even after weeks (and sometimes months) of not using the bike.

18 hours ago, Thaigang said:

The bike is service regularly at the dealership since new (50k+ on the clock).

Are you sure that they actually do the service according to the owner's manual?

From my experience with Honda dealers, if you would just drop of your bike and tell them to do a service, all they would do is an oil change and then consider it done. I wouldn't be too surprised if for example they never changed the spark plug.

Edited by jackdd

One of my bikes is an older airblade with nearly 100k that I have had since new and I cannot part with it because I have not found a better city bike with the modifications and maintenance I have done.

It think it is time for a roller change for your click. and air filter.  My guess is one of these is the problem unless the fuel pump is getting weak or the filter is plugged.  Rollers however are generally a problem with start and go and you will notice it sluggish here.  Keep the bike many more km in it these small engine hondas are amazing for longevity and service considering their small displacement and cost.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2021 at 1:03 PM, jackdd said:

Never noticed any problem, even after weeks (and sometimes months) of not using the bike.

Are you sure that they actually do the service according to the owner's manual?

From my experience with Honda dealers, if you would just drop of your bike and tell them to do a service, all they would do is an oil change and then consider it done. I wouldn't be too surprised if for example they never changed the spark plug.

Good point re: service ... I'll have to do a closer inspection of receipts. It gets a tad confusing when there's four scooters kicking around here and they're all going to the same dealership. I never pay much attention to which one is getting what done at what time ... I just pay and drive away.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is it easy enough for a garage to check the drive belt for wear? does it usually show wear before it breaks?

The shop manual will have a min dimension for belt width.

Remove the belt cover and measure

• Like 1