Mineral Water Purifier for the home?

creative1000

Looking to upgrade from RO & Distilled Water, to something with mineral content. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I was looking at the Stiebel Fountain 7s which sits on the counter, the sales guy says it doesn't make mineral water. Any other leads?

What are you looking to filter from your water supply?...........it seems quite a lot thought and expense needs to go into obtaining  "clean" water..........seems easier to buy bottled water.....assuming the bottled water is actually "clean".

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

What are you looking to filter from your water supply?...........it seems quite a lot thought and expense needs to go into obtaining  "clean" water..........seems easier to buy bottled water.....assuming the bottled water is actually "clean".

I have a Steibel worktop filter who's filter is Bht 8000 to replace. The one in my fridge is Bht 2000. I get a box of 20 x 920 ml bottles for Bht 35! No brainer.

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have a Steibel worktop filter who's filter is Bht 8000 to replace. The one in my fridge is Bht 2000. I get a box of 20 x 920 ml bottles for Bht 35! No brainer.

So you just buy bottled water?

Yes, we're already paying 10,000-12,000 baht a year on delivered water in glass bottles (ozonated). But if there is an option to make our own mineral water from Chiang Mai's tap water, especially for the coffee machine, and when dehydrated, that would be a big plus. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

Yes, we're already paying 10,000-12,000 baht a year on delivered water in glass bottles (ozonated). But if there is an option to make our own mineral water from Chiang Mai's tap water, especially for the coffee machine, and when dehydrated, that would be a big plus. 

Unless the tap water already contains minerals no domestic (probably or commercial) water filter will make clean mineral water. 

water filters only take things out of water. Some will take minerals, as well as other contamination out of the water. Depending on the stages of filtering you may get close to H2O

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, JahLion said:

Modern RO filters will remineralize the clean water. Or you can add an extra mineral filter to your existing system. 

APEC water

Not correct. Mineral water has far more than just chalk in it. So your adding chalk is just one of the half dozen or more minerals. Reverse Osmosis is a filter process that removes contamination including minerals from water so claiming it can perform re mineralisation demonstrates lack of understanding. 

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Not correct. Mineral water has far more than just chalk in it. So your adding chalk is just one of the half dozen or more minerals. Reverse Osmosis is a filter process that removes contamination including minerals from water so claiming it can perform re mineralisation demonstrates lack of understanding. 

You're right. The filter in the added link adds primarily calcium to alkalize the pH-level, my bad. 

Still remains the fact that there are filters available that will add back minerals to RO water:

Google

Another method is to use liquid minerals or Himalaya salt. 

54 minutes ago, JahLion said:

Another method is to use liquid minerals or Himalaya salt. 

It’s rather pointless to drink reconstituted sea water ???? since Himalaya salt. is virtually 99% sodium chloride it’s a terrible idea to try to use it to try to remineralise water. 

2 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It’s rather pointless to drink reconstituted sea water ???? since Himalaya salt. is virtually 99% sodium chloride it’s a terrible idea to try to use it to try to remineralise water. 

Well it depends on the dosage, doesn't it. It's a method frequently used to remineralise RO water. Just look it up if you're not convinced. 

11 minutes ago, JahLion said:

Well it depends on the dosage, doesn't it. It's a method frequently used to remineralise RO water. Just look it up if you're not convinced. 

Drinking reconstituted sea water at what ever concentration is a poor idea, as you will always get far too much sodium chloride in relation to any other minerals. 

Himalaya salt is a complete fad and virtually little different to many others.  

I think the “Ultra filtration” process is close to what you may be looking for and there are many different setup types out there.  Lazada has them as low as 500 baht for single faucet use but the flow rate out of them is extremely slow.