Pattaya: Utter chaos at vaccine center as arguments break out about who came first

webfact

Teething problems I see.

Didn't they get some experience already on how to do this (from the 2% already vaxed) ... or does every new vaxxing center just start from scratch and work it out as they go, by trial and error.

• Like 2

Only 50 an hour vaccinated?  That is ridiculous.  I guess there is only one station giving shots.  I remember seeing thousands vaccinated for the flu shot in the USA with only 4 stations.  I sincerely doubt that the issue is a lack of medical personnel.  After all, Thailand is supposed to be a medical hub!  It should not take more than 30 seconds to get a jab!  Of course, there is the huge pile of bureaucracy to deal with first!!

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I've long suspected that Thais don't really understand the principle of queuing, not from a western perspective anyway.

And patience can be a rare commodity here.

I spent a number of years living in Germany. If there is a nation which does not understand the concept of a queue then its Germans.

50 an hour, need to speed that up. Went for my 2nd jab the other day at my local community hospital. Time slots were open from 11am to 5pm, 6hr operation time. I chose 4.20pm and my sheet ref number was 545, and whole process took about 20-25mins. When my 15min wait was up they calling out in the 600's. Over 100 an hour just in a small vaccination centre, so shows what can be achieved with good organisation.

7 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I am confused now.......I thought walk-ins were not an option anymore........you have to register onsite.......a glorious opportunity to waste time and spread the virus even further......and then return for your jab.......another opportunity to spread the virus.

You are correct. The PM banned them, but who takes any notice?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, champers said:

50 jabs an hour isn't many. Is there a shortage of qualified staff?

There's a shortage of everything, except people needing to be vaccinated.  There's about 45 million of them.  

The place I got mine in the US was doing about 1,000 shots a day with maybe 6 or 8 stations.  It was by appointment with a narrow time window.  My second shot took about 1/2 hour, including time to park and a 15 minute wait after the shot to see if I had a reaction.  First shot took longer.

Now I could book a shot 3 hours from now at a local grocery store pharmacy and possibly walk in.  It has taken about 5 months to get to this level.  What next?  Maybe they will put a nurse in the back of UPS/FedEx/Amazon delivery trucks and let you order on-line.  

image.jpeg.c950afe4537e4887d72d4d3d0d7dc0e7.jpeg