Thai shows with Thai subtitles?

kikenyoy

I have Thai Netflix but many of the shows and movies have subtitles that are different from what is actually spoken. I'm looking for shows on Youtube where they are (close to) exact.  I've found these 3 so far...know of any others?

Club Friday Show-celebrity interviews

กบนอกกะลา-documentaries on various subjects. I really like this one but newer episodes don't have subtitles anymore

หัวใจใกล้กัน- old show about parenting issues.

Edited by kikenyoy

I have noticed that too where they will simply say yes or no, or one word and the English sub has about 10 words lol. Maybe its because the thai language is very basic, or maybe one word with accents and grunts etc means something to Thais more than one simple word

3 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I have noticed that too where they will simply say yes or no, or one word and the English sub has about 10 words lol. Maybe its because the thai language is very basic, or maybe one word with accents and grunts etc means something to Thais more than one simple word

I always used to go to the movie and watch English language movies with Thai subtitles.

The Thai subtitles often didn't match the English spoken.

The Dawn of the planet of the Apes was particularly bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to attend technical conferences in Thailand where they handed out FM radios so that you could listen to the English translation of the speaker. I found just the opposite in that what seemed like long phrases or whole paragraphs were usually translated to short English sentences. From this it seemed to me that the Thai language was a bit repetitious and or redundant. But maybe that was just the way these technical speakers normally spoke when they were being careful to make sure they were understood.

lets just say the languages don't always translate well... 

not sure why but when I watch English w/English closed caption, the english to English is also rarely 100% accurate... 

the speaker will say 'this is not accurate' and the written will appear 'it is not correct' 

• 1 year later...

I've just posted this on another thread. I'll put here too in case anyone is interested. Here are three series / channels that I like. I'll put the link to the channels and / or example videos

https://www.youtube.com/@upcomment

780 videos, no less!

From the Thaipbs channel:

3. https://www.youtube.com/@backpaeger

143 videos

Two and three are of a similar ilk - travel / backpacking series, which I really love. Of course, dialogues featuring non-Thai speakers aren't in Thai, but you still have the Thai subs, throughout. Having bits of English interspersed with the Thai might irritate some, but predominantly they're in Thai. 

All in all, plenty to binge watch if these are your cup of tea!

• Thanks 1