Are gyms and fitness centers open in Bangkok now?

Senechal

22 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Still closed.  Parks too.  Until end of month at earliest.  Apparently eating is safer than excercise.

I hate to say it but it is (i mean for indoor exercise). Gyms are nice but quite easy to catch covid (hard breathing and so on). Eating with only 25% occupancy is safer. 

Closing parks is idiotic of course.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I hate to say it but it is (i mean for indoor exercise). Gyms are nice but quite easy to catch covid (hard breathing and so on). Eating with only 25% occupancy is safer. 

Closing parks is idiotic of course.

Already suffering thru 2 closures over the past year I bought a nice spin bike in March....turned out to be great timing as now we are closed for a third. The gym is great but having some way to burn calories at home makes it quite convenient, instead of hauling my lazy self to a gym (even if it is only a 5 minute walk across the MooBaan) but it's too hot, too wet, I'm lazy...etc etc.

Just now, tonray said:

Already suffering thru 2 closures over the past year I bought a nice spin bike in March....turned out to be great timing as now we are closed for a third. The gym is great but having some way to burn calories at home makes it quite convenient, instead of hauling my lazy self to a gym (even if it is only a 5 minute walk across the MooBaan) but it's too hot, too wet, I'm lazy...etc etc.

I got a home gym too, so I am not complaining. For some people home gyms work. For others they end up as expensive clothes racks and so on.

If you ever need anything more and your near BKK. Look up gymware. one of the cheapest for gym equipment in Thailand. Mainly machines and weights not cardio stuff.

45 double flights of stairs in my Condo just to get to my Top floor.  Take the lift down, walk the stairs going up, take the lift down and repeat.  Sore as hell the first time I did this last year during the first closure of the parks.  Still manage to get out and jog in the early morning, and of course have a flat bench and full kettle bell set up to 16kg.  Tried walking up the stairs carrying two 8kg kettle bells, and said no way, so now I just put one in a backpack I have and wear it walking up.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Still closed.  Parks too.  Until end of month at earliest.  Apparently eating is safer than excercise.

Of course.  Eating indoors is much safer than exercising outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine at a park.

When you sit at a restaurant the viruses travel right over your head, but in a park the viruses are hiding behind every blade of grass and hide in the trees ready to pounce on unwary joggers. 
All government official know this as orthodox truth.  They close the parks and outdoor venues to keep the public 'safe' from their own folly.  If the commoners where left on their own, they'd be outside jogging and exercising in the UV light of the sunshine and in the virus-ladened fresh air and Covid cases and deaths would spike to astronomical levels as buffed athletes are placed on ventalators! 
Your government loves you which is why they keep the malls and restaurants open and close the parks and gyms! 
The little people don't understand the dangers as well as Uncle Tu and his friends!!!  ????

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

45 double flights of stairs in my Condo just to get to my Top floor.  Take the lift down, walk the stairs going up, take the lift down and repeat.  Sore as hell the first time I did this last year during the first closure of the parks.  Still manage to get out and jog in the early morning, and of course have a flat bench and full kettle bell set up to 16kg.  Tried walking up the stairs carrying two 8kg kettle bells, and said no way, so now I just put one in a backpack I have and wear it walking up.  

Live in the midst of rice fields and mountains.  Rural Thai farmers don't wear masks out here.  So walk up the 227 steps at the local wat-on-a-hill and down the road.  Up the road and down the steps.  Maskless farmers going to and fro on their errands don't care about a maskless farang getting exercise on a daily basis. 
There are definitely some perks to living the rural life.  Cops are rare animals out in these parts.  They appear on Songkran and Loi Kratong.  Other than those holidays, you seldom see them at all.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, connda said:

Live in the midst of rice fields and mountains.  Rural Thai farmers don't wear masks out here. 

Gated community me (250 homes), nobody wears a mask unless they're going outside the gate, not even the security guards. I'm walking in circles along the roads.

Edited by BritManToo

On 5/24/2021 at 3:15 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Good idea to take the lift down.  Saves some wear and tear on the knees.