Koh Samui: Foreign tourists set to be welcome subject to rules from July 1st

webfact

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is nothing more than a Field of Dreams. Build it, and they will come. Abandon the foreign market, and they will come back. Abuse them, and they will forgive. 

Sorry guys, not the way the real world works.

My guess is there are many within this insipid administration, that are fuming at the National Economic and Social Development Council for speaking truth. This is an extremely rare occurrence, when it comes to tourism projections here. 

Just got back from Samui. Was discussing this with friends who live there. Alot of debate. My thought is, what would the tourists be returning to? In Lamai and Chaweng especially, 90% of all restaurants have closed permanently. 100% of massage shops and bars are closed. When they are "allowed" to re-open, how many will be able to afford to, and what are they opening to? Who is coming? Will the tourists come to a devastated "island resort" anyway? Will the businesses who have stayed open for an extended period without many tourists want to re-open? Many lost a fortune paying rent and expenses, when only a few domestic tourists trickled in. Now, with the massive failure of the health officials here, things are only getting worse for tourism. They have received zero in the way of assistance from the goons. Nothing.

Total, and shameful abandonment, in their time of need. What can one say? If they were being graded on this, Prayuth, Anutin and Phiphat would all get an F, or a 0.1, if that is even possible. 

Samui, right now. Images taken a few days ago.

20210518_201737.jpg

20210519_205816.jpg

20210518_201751.jpg

20200915_185824.jpg

I can show pics  like this in any city on planet earth at 4 am . Totally and completely worthless 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

So you get a direct flight if already having been vaccinated before , then you get tested , locked up for three days and then basically kept in the hotel grounds for another week before you can go wandering. 
Just sounds like a slightly better option than the 14 day quarantine they suggested before ! 
So what if like me you live there but are not at there at this time but are in the country and already done 16 day government quarantine ? As far as I am aware I have to have a PCR test before I go there and then one 3 days later and even then I think I have to quarantine at home for 10 days when I arrive !! ????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

After this they can do limited travel for the next three days according to the Samui Sealed Route Model.

If you're actually doing it, you can call it a "model". If all you're doing is imagining it, "fantasy" is a more accurate term.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gulfsailor said:

I think by locals they mean Thai people who don’t work in the tourism industry. Most tourism workers on Samui have already been fully vaccinated and most other residents will be by next month. I can imagine that after the 3-day quarantine tourists can only go to approved venues, restaurants, bars and on excursions where the staff is fully vaccinated. I think after 7 days of this it’s then up to the tourist to decide if they want to mingle with non vaccinated locals on or off the island. Regardless for long stayers it’s better than being locked in a Bangkok hotel room for 15 days….

Approved venues, interesting indeed .

Presumably, to conform with Thai law, all tourists will be required to wear masks, whenever they are out of their rooms!  A bit difficult if you fancy a swim!  Many potential tourist countries do not now require people to wear masks so I cannot imagine they would want to visit a country where mask wearing is mandatory!

• Like 2

What will they come back here for everything is shut 100s of shops businesses gone clubs gone bars gone so can can only enjoy the beach and eating places . Try Spain would be cheaper and more lively. Apart from that many here will not have been vaccinated themselves 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Expensive as Bangkok airways are the only ones that fly to Samui! Normally people would fly to Surat Thani get a mini bus to the ferry and the ferry over to Samui! Much much cheaper!

That was my point seeing they have the monopoly 

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I seriously doubt that. As of a few days ago, it was not an easy task to get an appointment, as a foreigner on Samui, for a vaccine. The extent to which the government has failed the people on this vaccine push is nothing short of mind boggling. 2% to date? Are they joking? Who are these guys, and why did ANYONE ever consider them competent?

local businesses will benefit from these tourists, Most of them have gone cannot reopen as the back rent cant be paid 

• Thanks 1