Koh Samui: Foreign tourists set to be welcome subject to rules from July 1st

webfact

12 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Soooooo, tourists have only a 7 day quarantine, but people returning to Thailand have a 14 day one if they're vaccinated?

Sure, makes sense to me...

You are correct. It does make sense.

Come to Samui or Phuket and quarantine is 7 days and not stuck in the room

Everywhere else in Thailand is 14 days and stay in the room.

Some people will always prefer the first option.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Are you sure those are recent photos of Chaweng beach road? I thought all the electricity cables were underground now, since about 6 months ago? 

Just back from 5 weeks in Samui and Chaweng beach road is pretty much all closed up including pharmacies and 7-11's. Central open and food court ok . Lamai has a few eateries open but mostly local patrons. Ferries to Koh Phangan still running but really down on numbers . Bars mostly closed as no alcohol sales allowed and who goes out to drink coke etc .. Long road back I would suggest but flight prices cheap now and villa rental prices very good , ideally for domestic escape the cities visiting .

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

The funny thing is, they are vehemently militant about controlling this virus, but many more people die on the roads, and they do absolutely nothing about that. If they wanted to bring deaths down, then their first port of call should be road traffic accidents. But clearly, they are just pandering to a worldwide agenda about this virus, which kills far fewer people than motorcycle accidents in Thailand at least. Therefore, I would suggest that the Thai government doesn't give a rat's ass about the death figures, but just wants to be seen as doing well on the world stage.

The whole thing just stinks to me. There is obviously something else going on here. There is no scientific evidence to show that lockdowns do anything against a virus, yet countries around the world acted in lock-step to introduce them.

I think that most countries around the world were pre-warned and told what to do in the case of a pandemic like this (courtesy of the world economic forum), and lo and behold, when it just conveniently happened shortly afterwards, they did what they were told. Jeff Bezos has made 80 BILLION dollars since covid started.

You need to relax chum with the old global conspiracy nonsense , chill out . I'm guessing you might feel the 1918 virus was all the making of others too , a fifth of the Worlds population died off in that one and they didn't have International travel,  vaccines , ventilators etc etc . Given it's head this virus could well have been a dinosaurs moment for the human race so analogies to road deaths are inane at best . Individuals choose to not wear crash helmets,  get <deleted> , drive too fast etc sad as it is . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, thenewgoo said:

A reasonable priced direct flight and I think half of Chiang Mai would come tomorrow - after their second jab of course.

We wouldn't want them right now, them being vaccinated helps them from getting severely sick if they catch the virus but it doesn't help us.

They can still carry the virus so they shouldn't come here until all here have at least got their first vaccine jab which hopefully is done during June.

Samui is once again covid free after the break-out which happened just before or during Songkran and which was caused mainly by local tourist bringing the virus from Bangkok. Not again please!

On 5/25/2021 at 1:33 PM, Chelseafan said:

Great but once again lacking information.

How long before I would be allowed on to the main land or is that not an option ?

Do I have to book this as a package? If so, what are the costs ?

Is that one flight a day ? Week? Year ?

Are Bangkok arranging a direct flight from UK ? Paris?  Frankfurt?

I appreciate the sentiments but other than those desperate to get back, who is going to take up this offer?

Visits to Surat must definitely be forbidden.

23 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Unfortunately, the Thai tourist industry is DOA at this point. The bigger resorts will stay partially open in a strange limbo like state for a while longer I suppose, but they're merely shells of their former selves, kept upright from rigor-mortis.

No one will take the chance of going all the way to Samui (from Europe, Australia or US at least) if they read the fine print. Even the majority of the Chinese will not consent to being locked up for days in a forced quarantine situation, then be unable to travel around properly for a week, and even once they can, what will be open and welcoming them? And...these people are not allowed to come into contact  with the locals? So who then? Hotel staff only? They don't live locally? If this nutty restriction is somehow possible, then the local people will not even benefit from the foreign tourism - and all this for people who have both BEEN VACCINATED AND HAD A NEGATIVE TEST!!! Mind boggling idiocy. So again I say - the Thai tourist industry is done for.

Locked down for 3 days, is this why its a honeymoon island?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bikerlou47 said:

The Thai government just does not understand the facts!

What is the point to limit travel to a person who is fully vaccinated and has test tested negative before the flight and after the flight!

not to mention the insurance required.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

By the end of June most people on Samui will have been vaccinated, so the local businesses will benefit from these tourists, not just a few large hotels. 

What tourists? Australia is closed, so is New Zealand, India? You're having a laugh. China and the rest of Asia ditto. That leaves some of Europe and some of North America... Both as far away as can be, with every nation operating skeleton/freight air services -at best, for the entire next two years, optimistically, assuming there are no more worse mutations...

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Just fly in vaccinated staff from overseas. From the gardeners to the resort GM.

Very dry.

I'm sure you are aware all current vaccines do not prevent one contracting C-19 nor prevent one from spreading it. The vaccines merely limit the severity of the known variants. The truth is Covid is like death and taxes. No-one will escape vaxxed or not, it's just a question of when, and how bad...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thenewgoo said:

A reasonable priced direct flight and I think half of Chiang Mai would come tomorrow - after their second jab of course.

Actually the Bangkok Airways' higher prices have protected Samui for being overrun by tourists. If you want to come cheap, you can fly budget to Surat Thani and take boat or ferry, just like in the good old days before Samui was, according to many old timers, ruined by progress due to heavy tourism...????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You can't just lay on flights without months and months of advanced planning.

The only option is PG - with limited capcity (70 seat ATR, A319), via BKK or by boat.

Many of the international routes are already in service, just on hold at the moment due to Covid-restrictions, and you forgot that Bangkok Airways also operates Airbus 320. Furthermore there are other airlines also servicing Samui Airport. Opening a new route can be done fast, if you so wish, I have a professional background in airline operation...????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Actually the Bangkok Airways' higher prices have protected Samui for being overrun by tourists. If you want to come cheap, you can fly budget to Surat Thani and take boat or ferry

Most days now, flights are available for 2,130 baht - each way.

That is only about 300 baht more than the price that I first paid 21 years ago.

Not bad considering inflation over that time period.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The conditions are too restrictive... 

There will be a trickle of tourists who will visit that will quickly sour on the experience... 

On another note, what about those of us that live in Thailand, have been here for years, have not had the jab and want to holiday on Samui... Are we going to be refused entry? 

Edited by NaamGin

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Most days now, flights are available for 2,130 baht - each way.

That is only about 300 baht more than the price that I first paid 21 years ago.

Not bad considering inflation over that time period.

You can fly to Surat Thani for less than 700 baht. A package deal including bus from the airport then boat costs 400 baht. Admittedly, it takes longer, but that's almost half the price, and if a lot of people are travelling, it's a massive saving.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:30 AM, AlfHuy said:

They will not come into contact with local people.

So, no massages, no eating in restaurants, no drinks, no nothing.

Come!  Come to Temperance Thailand home of Tourism Hotel Arrest.

There is one simple rule, farang!
Eg1.jpg.79478aa48d189be25bda35652d11a40a.jpg

• Haha 2

On 5/25/2021 at 3:33 PM, Chelseafan said:

Great but once again lacking information.

How long before I would be allowed on to the main land or is that not an option ?

Do I have to book this as a package? If so, what are the costs ?

Is that one flight a day ? Week? Year ?

Are Bangkok arranging a direct flight from UK ? Paris?  Frankfurt?

I appreciate the sentiments but other than those desperate to get back, who is going to take up this offer?

So you wait for the results to come in the next day, then the 3 day quarantine comes in, so where do you wait until the next day? 

Then after the wait and 3 days of quarantine you can sit in your hotel until you return to your home country. 

During this time you must not be in contact with any local people 

Special rooms will have a beach view, but walking or standing on the beach will be prohibited, as you may come into contact with the beach vendors, who have all left as they had no customer, long time, and are not allowed to talk to tourists from abroad. 

• Haha 2

This neverending tourism farce is better than anything on Netflix!  Either open up 100% within the bubble, or dont bother.

Only jetset morons or lovestruck sponsors would put themselves through this "welcomlng treatment".

1 minute ago, chalawaan said:

This neverending tourism farce is better than anything on Netflix!  Either open up 100% within the bubble, or dont bother.

Only jetset morons or lovestruck sponsors would put themselves through this "welcomlng treatment".

No lovestruck allowed! No contact with local people allowed! 

• Haha 1