Downloading eBooks to Kindle

jakestevernson

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how any of you download books onto your Kindle from Kindle Unlimited or Amazon if you are based in Thailand.

I ask, as I am now registered and based in Thailand (my address, bank accounts, credit cards, etc) and my amazon account won't let me download any more books (even when using a VPN). Such a pain!!!!!

Anyway, any help, info, alternative sites would be really appreciated.

Cheers, JS.

@jakestevernson I am still using the same account I opened before moving to Thailand, which is on amazon.de. I have changed my address and my phone number to my Thai details, and about a year or two ago, I also changed my payment method to my Thai VISA credit card. Absolutely no problem ordering books, paying for them and downloading to my Kindle eReader, both through the website or the app. I never applied/paid for Kindle Unlimited, I am buying book by book with 1-click.

I download my books from Mobilism.org free of charge.

Then change the books to .AZW3 format in Calibre library.

Then use Calibre library to put my books onto the Kindle using USB and the 'transfer to Kindle' button.

But you mustn't let your Kindle ever connect to wi-fi (forget the network if you did), because Amazon will punish you for using unofficial books by hiding the book covers.

I've got the cheapest 10th generation 167ppi no adverts, 3,300bht from Lazada.

IMG_20210601_092805.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

On 5/25/2021 at 12:25 PM, jakestevernson said:

Just wondering how any of you download books onto your Kindle from Kindle Unlimited or Amazon if you are based in Thailand

I buy Amazon Kindle books from both the UK and US sites. My registered address is in Thailand, but my credit card is from a Singapore bank. I've not had any problems with Kindle, only issues I find with Amazon is with physical shipments, when you often get the 'does not ship to Thailand' message.

• 2 years later...

Anybody have any books missing from their Kindle Library.

Over a week ago I looked at my Library and 50 of my books were missing.

I contacted Customer support and for this last week have been messaging backwards and forwards.

They wanted all the title of the books missing and their ASIN numbers and the titles of the books and ASIN numbers I still have in my library.

One of the excuses was ," book isn't available on Kindle anymore " .

I told them that the book still should be available for me to read in the Kindle cloud or whatever they have.

Today I was told " they have not been deleted or moved by us , it must have been done by you , we will not be assisting you any further in this matter ".

Well at the start of all the messaging and emails , I was a very valued customer , but apparently not valued enough !

Alternatives to Kindle please.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coops said:

It's not  so much as needing an alternative to Kindle (Kobo is an option), but to take control & download your books - my advice is to use an app called Calibre.

https://calibre-ebook.com/about

You can check on MobileRead forums and elsewhere how excellent & trustworthy it is.

Download your ebooks after purchase, and then you will have a copy of your book under your control.

I sent a load of Mobi books to my mate who has a Kindle but his Kindle will only accept books from Kindle or Amazon.

I have a Lenovo tablet and use the Calibre app.

It allows me to download any books in any format and to read them.

I wouldn't use a Kindle if you gave me one and paid me to use it.

That is just my personal point of view.

On 7/20/2023 at 1:12 PM, NE1 said:

Anybody have any books missing from their Kindle Library.

Over a week ago I looked at my Library and 50 of my books were missing.

I contacted Customer support and for this last week have been messaging backwards and forwards.

They wanted all the title of the books missing and their ASIN numbers and the titles of the books and ASIN numbers I still have in my library.

One of the excuses was ," book isn't available on Kindle anymore " .

I told them that the book still should be available for me to read in the Kindle cloud or whatever they have.

Today I was told " they have not been deleted or moved by us , it must have been done by you , we will not be assisting you any further in this matter ".

Well at the start of all the messaging and emails , I was a very valued customer , but apparently not valued enough !

Alternatives to Kindle please.

Any 'normal' tablet will do.

I use the Calibre app to sort my library and FB Reader to read the books.