Denied BitKub because I am an American

genobkk

It seems the American government has made it really tough.  Just today I was denied based on American SEC laws.   Is there anyway around this?    I was denied on others because I am in Thailand, this seems like a lose lose position. I wanted to buy on some on the huge drop we saw but I am left out 

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

Open a wallet and I will sell you any token you want..... for a 20% fee.

I accept PayPal.

hmm, good idea, I'll create a new thread.

• Haha 1

Use Kraken. They are US-based but seem to have a more international outlook, I think with company registration within the EU too.

Certainly, they seem less obedient than the other major US exchanges. I think they are the only one that still offers Monero, a terrific privacy coin that the feds hate because they cannot track it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Poet said:

Use Kraken. They are US-based but seem to have a more international outlook, I think with company registration within the EU too.

Certainly, they seem less obedient than the other major US exchanges. I think they are the only one that still offers Monero, a terrific privacy coin that the feds hate because they cannot track it.

Kraken looks tough to fund the account. I can’t do wire transfers online, I am not in the U.S so can’t go to the bank to transfer.  and the 3rd party they deal with I am not sure about. 

I registered with coin base a long time ago it never used it  and they have my address as Thailand but I can’t seem to change back to the U.S. Thailand is blocked on coin base   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Poet said:

I didn't realize Yanks could do Kraken until you mentioned it. 

It seems I passed the Kraken evaluation but, if I understand correctly, Kraken then makes you sign up for Etana (is there no way around this?).

The Etana evaluation is a major colonoscopy. Took me two hours to navigate all their demands. Not hear back yet, and I strongly suspect they will decide something's amiss. 

Irritating as all get-out. 

I want in on Monero and all them pirate private coins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

I didn't realize Yanks could do Kraken until you mentioned it. 

It seems I passed the Kraken evaluation but, if I understand correctly, Kraken then makes you sign up for Etana (is there no way around this?).

The Etana evaluation is a major colonoscopy. Took me two hours to navigate all their demands. Not hear back yet, and I strongly suspect they will decide something's amiss. 

Irritating as all get-out. 

Etana Is my issue with Kraken.  Trying to get into Binance U.S since we are blocked from the main one. KuiCoin looks interesting but I bet they deny me, still waiting on them   CoinBase CS is really bad still can’t get my country changed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, genobkk said:

Etana Is my issue with Kraken.  Trying to get into Binance U.S since we are blocked from the main one. KuiCoin looks interesting but I bet they deny me, still waiting on them   CoinBase CS is really bad still can’t get my country changed.

I'd be curious to know how you make out with KuiCoin.

Can Thai nationals do Kraken easily enough?

11 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

if I understand correctly, Kraken then makes you sign up for Etana (is there no way around this?).

I have some vague recollection of the name Etana but have no memory of having to do anything particularly complicated when I signed up to Kraken.

Perhaps they have added additional layers of security, but you could consider that to be a good thing, possibly keeping your holdings safer.

As I say to anyone considering crypto, these hoops you have to jump through are the price of admission but, once you have your accounts, you will be using them for decades.

9 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

Yes, my Thai partner signed up with no problem at all, and no input from me. She is now actually more of a crypto-fan than I am. I have created a monster.

11 hours ago, BananaBandit said:

Yeah, Monero is great. There's also a far earlier privacy crypto, Pirate Chain. I buy that on TradeOgre, currently very low due to the recent crash, I think around $5

16 hours ago, genobkk said:

Kraken looks tough to fund the account. I can’t do wire transfers online, I am not in the U.S so can’t go to the bank to transfer.  and the 3rd party they deal with I am not sure about. 

Should be possible to fund via a Thai bank, or Wise, or any of the new fintech banks. There seemed to be lots of options.

I'm not familiar with the 3rd party, I presume that is the one already mentioned, Etana. They may just be an independent way to check your identity or whatever, to satisfy US regulators that you are not the ghost Pablo Escobar.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 8:00 AM, Poet said:

I have some vague recollection of the name Etana but have no memory of having to do anything particularly complicated when I signed up to Kraken.

Perhaps they have added additional layers of security, but you could consider that to be a good thing, possibly keeping your holdings safer.

As I say to anyone considering crypto, these hoops you have to jump through are the price of admission but, once you have your accounts, you will be using them for decades.

Yes, my Thai partner signed up with no problem at all, and no input from me. She is now actually more of a crypto-fan than I am. I have created a monster.

Yeah, Monero is great. There's also a far earlier privacy crypto, Pirate Chain. I buy that on TradeOgre, currently very low due to the recent crash, I think around $5

Should be possible to fund via a Thai bank, or Wise, or any of the new fintech banks. There seemed to be lots of options.

I'm not familiar with the 3rd party, I presume that is the one already mentioned, Etana. They may just be an independent way to check your identity or whatever, to satisfy US regulators that you are not the ghost Pablo Escobar.

Wise will freeze your account if involved in crypto.

they can’t take the regulatory risk as they bank within other banks...

Edited by Jenkins9039
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

I don't know what policies Wise might have, but there are so many other free banking options that take about ten minutes to sign up to (including a quick video call to show your ID).

So, I recommend that people work out which banks they are interested in and, then, Google the name of the bank + Kraken (for example, "n26 Kraken") to check if there are any problems. I am pretty sure that most of them simply treat transfers to and from Kraken as the simple SEPA transactions they are. I have never run into a problem.

From Kraken's side, they are happy as long as the named owner of the bank account is you.

On 5/26/2021 at 10:32 PM, BananaBandit said:

I'd be curious to know how you make out with KuiCoin.

Kuicoin wanted me to stand with passport, with current date etc, I guess they would have approved me if I did the added step but would have the same issue of transfer funds. It seems Biance US us my best bet, can do ACH from my account   I am hoping it can send and receive coins as wwell.  

Edited by genobkk
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Is Bank of America okay? 

Can you wire USD from Bank of America into a crypto account, or would they freeze you?

I give up. I ty to fund my account at Biance US with ACH, it declined Now they want me to do stupid stuff make a video holding my passport saying today’s date and send account statement no g9ve u-, <deleted> this   It is them not my bank. I use ACH for Wise and Robin Hood app 

Edited by genobkk

On 6/3/2021 at 6:08 PM, fdsa said:

I already have some Bitcoin with them from years ago, not as simple as using a real exchange to buy and sale, a bit more risky to.  

I did mange to get Biance US to accept my ACH funding  so I have that at least.   kraken says I am able to fund through ACH but clicking that option ends at that moment with era message 

I did manage to buy on yesterday’s dip and am actually in the positive today on earning. I bought Polygon, it is not doing well but luckily the others I bought are more then making up for my loss with Polygon on my yesterday’s trades. .   

Edited by genobkk