The trials and tribulations of getting a refund from Lazada.

giddyup

Just now, yeahbutif said:

You can get can get a vertual debit card from banks use it like a normal card and refunds go straight to your bank account.

Nothing to do with that, it's getting refunds from Lazada paid into an account.

• Like 2

The Lazada face recognition does work eventually.

You just have to try many times.

Of course you must have a smart phone to do it.

It should not be necessary.

It has something to do with money laundering.

I guess that before you could pay cash for something very expensive and then return it and get the money transferred to your bank account. Something like that.

• Like 2

Had similar problem, been using the Lazada wallet for years then suddenly "need to activate". Many attempts, all failed, last few with step-by-step instructions over 'chat'. The staff on chat didn't even know that foreigners can no longer use wallet. Money transferred to my bank account took ages. Eventually funds arrived but wallet still shows the funds there many months later!

• Like 2

This is all rather odd.

My Lazada Wallet still works just fine for purchases (I just tried a mobile top-up) and extract to bank, waiting for the bank account to update, maybe tomorrow but the $$ has left the wallet.

I recall it being made available to foreigners sometime last year (after it was previously blocked), the verification process was a pain with multiple attempts to get an acceptable photo (I eventually got a friend to take the photo rather than do a selfie) but it did eventually work.

Is there any way to check if your wallet is "activated"?

For some reason, a foreigner can activate a wallet using the mobile app, but not using a web browser.  If you don't activate it, you can get the refund amount transferred from the wallet to your bank account by filling in the form located below. You'll be required to upload a picture of your passport photo page along with the form.  In the past, I had a few successful refunds from orders either I or the retailer cancelled, then I activated my wallet, and have used the refund credited to that to buy other goods on one other occasion.

image.png.1999859dd47d10a81ec8e7caf8dcc781.png

image.png.143c5c6292649e5f6f2bc67b334b1a03.png

image.png.0eb8b92449d8417f708585579c3ea5dd.png

image.png.5febe22764a3871dbe05696cb5b2025e.png

image.png.1fdf6efa674e1b0223060012e9476c25.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Lazada: Ask for a "voucher code", easy and done quickly in my experience.

I find Shopee a nightmare and wont use them.....ever.

Does this voucher code have to be used up in one purchase? Also, is there a time limit on it?

53 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Does this voucher code have to be used up in one purchase? Also, is there a time limit on it?

I have always used it in one and witihin a week or so, I didnt honestly notice. I would expect that yes in one unless are large amount and you could simply ask for it to be divided etc and I would expect a reasonable time, but cannot confirm as I  didnt notice and used quite quickly.

18 hours ago, tlandtday said:

unfortunately we have another double standard here in thailand... basically foreigners cannot have a wallet it is closed to foreigners so any refunds with lazada are now a major major pain in the ass... better to use shoppee now i will be switching over

Actually things have changed in the past months and it is now possible to have a wallet. I activated mine in minutes without pain, so I guess the OP was unlucky.

Edited by canerandagio
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, tlandtday said:

unfortunately we have another double standard here in thailand... basically foreigners cannot have a wallet it is closed to foreigners so any refunds with lazada are now a major major pain in the ass... better to use shoppee now i will be switching over

Put the account in your wife or girlfriend's name and you can still have the money transferred into your personal account. I never have problems in doing so.

• Like 1

I ordered 2 items from Lazada. Sent me 2 different items.?  Eventually returned with refund sent to my wallet . Will never use them again. Maybe they could sell me a chocolate fireguard?

21 hours ago, tlandtday said:

All my refunds go straight into my Thai bank account.  No problem at all.

20 hours ago, jobsworth said:

The Lazada face recognition does work eventually.

You just have to try many times.

Of course you must have a smart phone to do it.

It should not be necessary.

It has something to do with money laundering.

I guess that before you could pay cash for something very expensive and then return it and get the money transferred to your bank account. Something like that.

I can understand the money laundering thing, but why aren't the refunds in the Wallet available for other purchases? You'd think it would be in Lazada's best interest for you to spend the money with them, rather than have it transferred to a bank account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canerandagio said:

Actually things have changed in the past months and it is now possible to have a wallet. I activated mine in minutes without pain, so I guess the OP was unlucky.

No it hasn't. I just tried and got the following message....

Please provide the personal information below to complete account authentication

I’m a Thai citizenI’m a foreigner

Apologies img

Apologies

Due to regulations, Lazada wallet is now open for Thai citizens only.

Please contact Customer Support for further details.

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

I had the exact same problem with Shopee on my very first purchase. I returned the item, got a refund of 450 baht, and found I had to email photos of passport and bankbook to them, which I refused to do, so I wrote off the money and never shopped there again.

The problem is, all this companies owned by Jack Ma.

Now at Lazada you need an extra verification, or you'll have to  reload the page again.

It looks like they don't like customers.

Also all the websites are rubbish, when you fill in 1 item, then you will see many irrelevant articles.

I wonder who makes this websites.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NVass said:

I opened a lazada wallet using my wifes id card then tied it to my bank account. Been working fine for several years including refunds.

Does the wallet account have to be registered to the same person as the Lazada account? Or can they be different?

Don't use the wallet, but getting somewhat disgruntled by the "strange behaviour, please slide" messages, followed by "oops" and rinse and repeat.

Did get a refund once, kudos and thanks to the guy working in the post office who did it for me in seconds.

That was the return article part, lazada did the transfer back to my (foreign) credit card. (not accepted by Shopee).

Edited by mahtin

To be honest I had few issues in past but ok now well till next time but I had no problem signing up with my uk passport maybe I was lucky that part anyway . I was with shopee .. nightmare luck of draw I guess 

I used the wallet the first few times I bought on lazada, but stopped using it once they wanted too many details (for my liking). Since then I pay mostly with cc and few times it happened that a supplier didn't send the product within a reasonable time and lazada cancelled the order and immediately credited my card

In the last twelve months I have bought over 100 items from Lazada and always paid with my Kasikorn Debit Card.  Those items that weren't even sent out were refunded via the card to my Kasikorn account after a week.  After getting a return code, items that arrived broken were refunded in full in the same time frame.  I've never managed to sign up for a "Wallet" and can't see any point in having one.

Shopee was a nightmare getting a refund.  I only ever ordered one thing which they cancelled and it took ages to get my money back.  But I didn't pay using the card and I think that's what caused it.  I've not used them since.

uBuy was rage inducing.  They cancelled the order after a month as being lost in the post and kept ฿120 of my money.  They said it was because the item was from abroad and they had to pay in dollars but I paid them in Baht.  They wouldn't respond to the question "Well, why did you pay for something that you never received?" and in the end I just gave up trying to get my money back.  I don't need to be told twice not to use a company.

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Nothing to do with that, it's getting refunds from Lazada paid into an account.

i have to say never had aproblem returns are easy and money put nack in my account i have to do nothing ,, even if item not arrive on time . they refund me otomatic ,,,, better then all the other site would recomend ,