What can I invest in?

3 hours ago, ChrisP24 said:

In order to narrow the responses, can you advise what is your home country?  Is that 50k baht, dollars, euros?

And if you are from the U.S., are you paying U.S. income tax, or is all of your income subject to the foreign earned income exclusion (FEIE)? 

Also what is your general age range and investment timeline and goal?  Do you think you will stay in Thailand or abroad, or do you think you may move back home in a few years and buy a house?

for a investment check out the company's who make the small glass high quality bottles that store the covid-19 vaccine and if there in a mutual fund of EFT fund all the better lower risk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChrisP24 said:

In order to narrow the responses, can you advise what is your home country?  Is that 50k baht, dollars, euros?

And if you are from the U.S., are you paying U.S. income tax, or is all of your income subject to the foreign earned income exclusion (FEIE)? 

Also what is your general age range and investment timeline and goal?  Do you think you will stay in Thailand or abroad, or do you think you may move back home in a few years and buy a house?

I'm from South Africa and I'm in my mid 20's going late 20's. I think I will stay  in Thailand for not more than 10years. Investment timeline I want it to be for at least 10 years too. 

Yes, it's 50k Thai baht. So I would like to make the investments here in Thailand. 

Thank you.

Edited by xzyv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could consider buying a couple of second hand mopeds/twist and go type and rent them. There's auctions around the country to purchase from or privately of course.................It's not without risk, but if managed well, it's a potential business model............................... I don't know the current rates, am a bit outa touch TBH and no doubt there are many on here that will be able to advise better or advise to the contrary....But if you bought a second hand one for 25K and rented long term to a trustworthy collegue for example  (year contract perhaps) @ 2000 Baht per month, you would pretty much get your investment back after that year, less any maintenance etc. You could then either continue renting or sell it. The amout you sell for (again less the maintenance) is your ROI.................. fancy you might be able to sell for about a minimum of 10K net gain, which is 20K net if you buy 2 scooters, a 40% gain in one year and go from there.............Again, it's not without potential issues and risks, but an option.....................

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

ETF that are guaranteed with 8% every year??? sounds like a pipe dream, I would like to see that, do you have a name?

Additionally, with such a small investment, any margins could well be offset by the fees me thinks....Possibly never really get off the ground...................2 steps forward and 2 steps back scenario.......

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, anon7854 said:

With only 50k baht you won't have much luck in getting in some decent returns. Waste of time if you ask me.

I would say save continuously for those number of  years - buy a condo and rent it to tourists.

OH Yes and there is a line around the block waiting to rent 0PPS is this THAILAND. 

• Thanks 1

Precious metals possibly. Try checking out silver coins. I like minted coins that are actual currency and you can travel with them - declaring face value - in case a certain western nation's currency crashes/inflation occurs... bringing others down with it.

A bank account will have low interest rates, especially in the US, and your currency will lose value in relation to the cost of living increase/inflation. It's a place to park money for a bit.

Then I'd buy gold when I had more saved up. But I wouldn't drag my feet. You need more money and the immediate way to do that is to cut costs, hard.

Edited by ding
  • Thanks 1

actually there is a way to invest 50k in Thailand if you have limited options, it's Thai Gold - 24K

easy to buy, your wife can wear it on occasion, and it's speculative as the price is disconnected from any other type Gold in the world, not sure if the top is still there at 28,000 per baht, but wait a bit for a 2 year low and buy some for 50k, but don't buy if it is at a 2 year high

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For in Thailand, a mutual fund is not a bad option. Personally I am invested in Krungsri's Dividend Stock Fund (KFSDIV), https://www.krungsriasset.com/EN/FundDetail.aspx?fund=KFSDIV

They have paid me a dividend two times this year already.

Top Five Sectors (30 Apr 2021)
Energy and Utilities 24.42%
Banking 12.89%
Commerce 9.88%
Information & Communication Technology 7.66%
Transportation & Logistics 6.75%

Top Five Holdings (30 Apr 2021)
PTT Plc. 7.64%
Airport of Thailand Plc. 5.48%
The Siam Cement Plc. 5.32%
CP ALL Plc. 3.95%
PTT Exploration and Production Plc. 3.92%

I have many other investments outside Thailand, but for inside Thailand, this has worked out all right for me.

Edited by MarleyMarl
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1