Pattaya City to propose “Pattaya Move On” tourism scheme to Thai Covid Center to welcome vaccinated foreigners without quarantine by October

webfact

pa2.jpg

By  Nop Meechukhun

Pattaya – Pattaya City authorities, along with Pattaya’s Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and the Pattaya business sector, is planning to propose to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, a “Pattaya Move On” tourism scheme to welcome vaccinated foreign tourists to the city without quarantine in the 4th quarter of 2021.

It’s important to note the details in this article are currently proposals and could change quickly. They are not guaranteed that they will happen but is the current plan the city is moving forward with.

Pattaya mayor Sonthaya Khunpluem stated as the chairman of the local meeting today, May 26th, that the “Pattaya Move On” project is under the cooperation of Pattaya City and the Tourism Authority of Thailand to revive tourism for local tourist destinations, particularly in Bang Lamung and Sattahip District, as the core of the plan.

The proposal, underlying Neo Pattaya’s confidence and safety tourism idea, will welcome vaccinated tourists from countries with low-risk Covid-19 infections according to the Public Health Ministry’s statistics.

The visitors must be completely vaccinated with the vaccine that is certified by their origin country by no longer than one year. Children under the age of 12-18 will need a Covid-19 negative certificate within 72 hours prior to travel. Younger children will not need anything but must stay with parents at all times.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/26/pattaya-city-to-propose-pattaya-move-on-tourism-scheme-to-thai-covid-center-to-welcome-vaccinated-foreigners-without-quarantine-by-october/

PattayaNews.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The vaccine documents I have seen appear to be very easily counterfeited.

I bet this becomes a huge problem throughout the world where proof is necessary.

The residents of thong lor were selling theirs !! So it’s obviously just a bit of paper saying you have been vaccinated with no real details on it ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently proposal, can change quickly, no guarantee!  " moving forward "  taken from the " Sand Box "  

If Pattaya was a separate country it might happen until it happens you still need to go through all the hoops of C.O.E.  dream all fat boy!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

welcome vaccinated tourists from countries with low-risk Covid-19 infections according to the Public Health Ministry’s statistics

Well that rules out the Indians with their double mutant strain and the South Africans and Brits with the B117 strain.

Makes sense and will certainly reduce the risks of another outbreak a lot.

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Well that rules out the Indians with their double mutant strain and the South Africans and Brits with the B117 strain.

Makes sense and will certainly reduce the risks of another outbreak a lot.

Actually the Brits are now being ruled out due to the prevalence of the Indian strain there as more serious than B117. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Actually the Brits are now being ruled out due to the prevalence of the Indian strain there as more serious than B117. 

Thankfully the Indian strain has been contained relatively well in Thailand.

It is the English strain causing 90%+ infections and deaths in Thailand currently.

In Northern India the UK strain is actually more prevalent than the Indian strain. They are having a very hard time now.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya City authorities, along with Pattaya’s Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and the Pattaya business sector, is planning to propose to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, a “Pattaya Move On” tourism scheme to welcome vaccinated foreign tourists to the city without quarantine in the 4th quarter of 2021

Play it again Sam...

humphreybogartheadshot.jpg

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

This is all very well and good, but currently Thailand is on countries 'red and amber lists' with no current lifting in sight.

Also I go back to the UK every 9 months for a few days, does that mean I have to go back, get a jab before re-flying back again - or must I get a Thai jab before leaving.

If they expect 40 million tourists any time soon - they need to drop all this lunacy - going through that many vaccine checks in immigration is going to have them queuing on the runways

Cant win, first we have posters complaining about quarantine, then we have posters complaining about the conditions on lifting it.

I also doubt that this will happen, at least in this form.

However one positive thing is that this is the first time that  i have seen any Thai official discuss how the children of vaccinated parents would be treated on entering Thailand; ie children under 12 , no quarantine but must remain with their parents at all times, children 12-18 must have pre flight covid tests. 

At least it shows they are (finally) thinking about it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Cant win, first we have posters complaining about quarantine, then we have posters complaining about the conditions on lifting it.

From the linked article as not sure if you read it - 

Upon arrival, tourists are required to reside in SHA (Safety and Health Administration) certification hotels in only two districts, Bang Lamung and Sattahip, throughout their stay and are able to enjoy activities at their designated areas by the Pattaya authority for 7 days before departure to other areas in the province. A Covid19 test will be required on day five and if negative the tourists will be able to freely travel on day seven.

Effectively still a kind of quarantine and without details on how they will "enjoy activities"..........

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Thankfully the Indian strain has been contained relatively well in Thailand.

It is the English strain causing 90%+ infections and deaths in Thailand currently.

In Northern India the UK strain is actually more prevalent than the Indian strain. They are having a very hard time now.

I couldn't find any reference to an "English strain". Maybe you mean the British strain? Or did that too originate in a dunny?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The vaccine documents I have seen appear to be very easily counterfeited.

I bet this becomes a huge problem throughout the world where proof is necessary.

Which are the ones you talk about ? Europe is working on a vaccination document , digital or printed , stating vaccination or tested or antibody tested , with a QR code which can be scanned . You can certainly fake a paper and put a fake QR code on it , but i think it is pretty easy to spot if they scan the code .

So far i got only a small card , which off course just a very very easy to fake , but that isn't supposed to be used as a vaccination document after all .

All documents can be faked , the question is , will you do it , if the punishment is strong enough ? Counterfeit passports are a big deal and i expect these punishments to be same ( aka prison time possible ) .

2 hours ago, topt said:

From the linked article as not sure if you read it - 

Effectively still a kind of quarantine and without details on how they will "enjoy activities"..........

No, I read it thanks. Looks a lot more relaxed than the current jail time they stipulate.

Well, I can't blame them for trying - they are no doubt under pressure from local businesses to "do something" - so making up this complex scheme, and putting it five months away, at least gives the impression that "something is being done".

As at now, who would want to come: All entertainment  is closed, no adult-drinks with your dining out, block after block of closed and shuttered businesses. It's not a pretty picture.

The way it's done around here: promise what people want to hear, to be effective (so many) months from now ... issue the press release .... then onto lunch.

Edited by law ling
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jen65 said:

"Pattaya Move On "  ??? what happened to "Neo Pattaya"  , the one that was supposed to equal Miami and Dubai ???  So far over the last few years they have not even managed to fix or complete the simple job on the pavements in Pattaya so maybe the should just call it "Pattaya Start Again "   Anyway , who is going to visit a Pattaya full of broken down shuttered up shops with a large proportion of those being occupied by the unemployed or rough sleepers .   Not a pretty sight driving down 2nd road - enough to put anybody off never mind the garbage and fly tipping all over the surrounding areas ! 

It looks proper third-world right now. So many stray dogs and homeless wandering about. 

• Like 2

Until Thailand gets its own house in order I don't think they'll be the ones in a postion to determine the direction of their tourist industry. 

With tourist locations dependent on migrant labour I see this drive to open up specific locations ahead of others as flawed, we saw that with the current worst situation due to Songkran travel.  Vaccinated tourists won't be the issue, how many Thais will be vaccinated by October 1st ?

I fully expect all the problems coonected with this approach to come to the fore when Phuket tries to reopen.

• Like 2

Vaccination certificates aren't going to give you any priority over anyone that doesn't have one, so i'm not sure why they continue with this line, well actually i do, its to encourage people to take the vaccine.

I recently went to hospital in UK for an operation and asked if i should get the vaccination first, the official line i was told was the vaccine does not stop you getting covid or passing it on, all it does it reduce the potential of any serious cases, that's it.

Here's an idea for tourist attraction: set up one of those tent field hospitals and fill it with expats who got the bug but no vax. Something like a petting zoo with a touch of schadenfreude 

How about stopping the reallocation of vaccines meant for Pattaya to yet another hi so family/factory/market/dormitory/prison/camp discovering Wuflu superspreading including an embargo on Phuket, CM HH and assorted Islands 

No point immunising itinerant workforces if there's no work for them. By the by why on earth did they do the Army lottery in April just to put 100000 squaddies in close proximity to each other in barracks when last year they postponed till August? Oh more reallocation of vaccines!

How about offering potential tourists a free return ticket and no quarantine if they bring a suitcase full of the vaccines they had been innoculated with?

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 1