Pattaya City to propose “Pattaya Move On” tourism scheme to Thai Covid Center to welcome vaccinated foreigners without quarantine by October

webfact

At least the attempt at re-opening by Phuket will give Pattaya business operators advance indication of what is possible/likely here.  I'm sure they'll be looking on rather nervously at developments, not long to go now. There's probably a good reason why no international advance booking numbers appear to be being quoted by TAT at this point in time.

On 5/27/2021 at 12:50 PM, law ling said:

Well, I can't blame them for trying - they are no doubt under pressure from local businesses to "do something" - so making up this complex scheme, and putting it five months away, at least gives the impression that "something is being done".

It's all designed to get another month's rent out of tenants.  Got to keep the hope alive that tourists will be coming back soon.  

On 5/27/2021 at 4:05 AM, RichardColeman said:

This is all very well and good, but currently Thailand is on countries 'red and amber lists' with no current lifting in sight.

Also I go back to the UK every 9 months for a few days, does that mean I have to go back, get a jab before re-flying back again - or must I get a Thai jab before leaving.

If they expect 40 million tourists any time soon - they need to drop all this lunacy - going through that many vaccine checks in immigration is going to have them queuing on the runways

To travel between the UK and Thailand ..is easiest to  get vaccinated and have that vaccination recorded in the appropriate  app. It will assist exit and entry to both countries I think and will cut down on quarantine  time both ends probably

26 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's all designed to get another month's rent out of tenants.  Got to keep the hope alive that tourists will be coming back soon.  

"It's all designed to get another month's rent out of tenants"..LOL..In what world do you live?

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

.In what world do you live?

The world of reality.  

The smart ones got out early.  

The ones relying on the BS from government keep losing every day.  Nothing's happening here until 65% of the Thai population have been vaccinated. 

Do the math for when tourists will be coming back.