Kratom officially removed from narcotics list

webfact

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

The removal of kratom as a narcotic will enable police to focus on more serious crime

Thai police (and government in general) decides to ignore many laws and regulations, they could have just ignored Kratom related offences as well, didn't even require a change in law.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great. I live in an area where this stuff is everywhere. My in laws have it around constantly. Its pretty mild on its own. I have never had the concoction they make with it and various other dodgy things. Its a plant that should be studied more. Its a stimulant in lower doses and a more of an opiate/painkiller in larger doses. I look forward to chewing on one soon legally.....or is it not going to be that simple.... 

• Confused 1

The reason why it was illegal was totally different.

According to wikipedia :

In Thailand, kratom was first scheduled for control in 1943 under the Kratom Act. At the time, the government was levying taxes from users and shops involved in the opium trade. Because of the increasing opium costs, many users were switching to kratom to manage their withdrawal symptoms. However, the launch of the Greater East Asia War in 1942 and declining revenues from the opium trade pushed the Thai government into action to curb and suppress competition in the opium market by making kratom illegal.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, WineOh said:

any advice on which brand of cough syrup works best?

cheers!

Actually it's the mosquito coil that adds the punch. No harmful effects whatsoever.  ???? Maybe they should ban that <deleted> instead.????

My mad ex and her family used to boil up kratom.  To say that the effects are mild surprises me, since they were on another planet after drinking this foul concoction.  My Thai hotel manager terrified 2 young Chinese female guests by chasing them (for no reason) through the woods with a loaded gun, - all after boiling up and drinking kratom juice.

I have nothing but bad memories about people who use kratom.....

Edited by simon43

1 hour ago, CALSinCM said:

I'm impressed.  Never thought I'd see the day.
Now, how about cannabis?

Its Now Legal to Grow Six Pots of Cannabis in Thailand

Thailand’s Deputy Premier and Health Minister has announced Thai households can now grow up to six pots of cannabis each to supplement their income, Anutin Charnvirakul said Thailand is the first country in the region to legalize medical marijuana and further eased rules to promote ganja as commercial crop.

Families may form communities to grow marijuana and supply the crop to public hospitals and state facilities, or use them to make food and cosmetic products as a fresh revenue source, Thailand’s Deputy Premier and Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said in a statement Friday.

Marijuana and hemp are both economic crops and it provides a new option for locals to generate revenue,” Anutin said at a marijuana educational expo at Buriram, 400 kilometers northeast of Bangkok.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/lifestyles/its-now-legal-to-grow-six-pots-of-cannabis-in-thailand/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

My mad ex and her family used to boil up kratom.  To say that the effects are mild surprises me, since they were on another planet after drinking this foul concoction.  My Thai hotel manager terrified 2 young Chinese female guests by chasing them (for no reason) through the woods with a loaded gun, - all after boiling up and drinking kratom juice.

Sounds like they made the mosquito coil/cough syrup/red bull concoction.... the leaf on its own when chewed is mild. If it made people run around like chooks with their head cut off it wouldnt be being legalised.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Sounds like they made the mosquito coil/cough syrup/red bull concoction.... the leaf on its own when chewed is mild. If it made people run around like chooks with their head cut off it wouldnt be being legalised.  

No wonder I could never find mozzie coils when my guests asked for them .... ????

14 hours ago, simon43 said:

I can only picture those 2 already skittish chinese gals getting chased in a new country......good thing they likely had their sneakers on already--but likely lost the big floppy hats

14 hours ago, simon43 said:

You sure that was Kratom?