Honda Motorcycle Servicing

Rb1792

Hey there. I was wondering if anyone knows of a Honda dealer that actually has good reliable mechanics?

I bought a new Forza350 a couple months ago from the big Phuket St dealer across from Big Wing in Phuket town. To put it bluntly the mechanics there aren’t good.

Sure they can change your oil but that’s it, in my opinion. They didn’t even know the Forza has a digital oil/maintenance readout that needed to be reset. They also insist that the oil must be changed every 2000km….. ????

Its my first new bike and I want to take care of it properly. When the next scheduled maintenance comes around I want it to be done according to the warranty book.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks 

I've been here for several years, and so far; I'm still looking.  They seem to do repairs how they see fit, if they don't see it as necessary they don't do it.  Preventive work does not happen?

Welcome aboard Forza owners, I have the old model (mk1) model and I can tell you it's not easy to find good mechanics for this bike here in Phuket...

The bike is not considered a Big Bike so the big wing, which I hear are very professional, don't touch it..., the rest of the what I call "apprentices"  in Honda normal wing haven't a clue how to take care of Forza, and not familiar with it's usual problems, those you will find after a year or two, clutch shoes, back brake, etc. to name a few....

Also Honda does not touch the bike unless you buy their expensive parts, buy Shell Advanced 100% synthetic oil and they won't change it, must buy their oil....!!! 

The same for third-party mechanics, give them a small 125 scooter and they can fix it with their eyes closed, with Forza they need to figure it out as they go along...., good example is knowing there are 3 holes/bolts for transmission oil change....! 

I kind of found a couple of non-Honda places I use but I read about a service and repair online then go and tell them and watch them do it, and make sure it's done right....! 

But I think in your case you have no choice but going to Honda for the first year, because of warranty, who knows if something go wrong and they refuse your warranty if you did any maintenance or repair in a non-Honda garage...!

I suggest try some other Honda dealers where they have older mechanics and not training young kids, go to service area and take a look....

You will find that everything with Forza, parts and repair costs , are many times more expensive than say PCX , it's a bit of rip off because I don't think it should be that much difference...., it's a great ride though, .... good luck .

Edited by Agusts