Visit UK but can I get Back

Looking for some advise please. I am going a little stir crazy atm. I love living here, and have lived 16 years in Pattaya. I am not married but have lived with my gf and her 12yo daughter for 11 years.

If I were to return to UK to see my family etc, for 2 months or so. How "easy" would it be to return back to Thailand ?  I have a retirement visa, but have heard that unless you are married to a Thai, and have a marriage visa , its not easy to return here.

Thanks for any advise guys.

You can certainly return, there are some hoops to jump through though, it you have an extension based on retirement with a re-entry permit, that's a good start.

You'll have to obtain tests and self isolate in the UK I think, and I believe you'll have to get a Certificate of Enty, Insurance and will probably have to quarantine on your return here.

As your question is really about returning to Thailand, I'll move your question to another Forum.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you want to go back to the UK its easy enough to return to Thailand. 

First there is the UK quarantine (self isolation) - upon arrival you must travel to your destination and stay inside for 10 days and take two Covid-19 RT PCR test (on arrival in the UK you’ll need to show evidence of having booked these ‘postal’ tests - also a PCR test before departure from Thailand).

Returning to Thailand under the current regulations you will need to apply for a Certificate of Entry.

You will need: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

1)    Colour Scan of Passport 

2)    Colour Scan of Visa / Extension of Stay (and re-entry permit)

3)    Colour Scan of Insurance Document which states you are insured to US$100,000 in the event of complications due to Covid-19

4)    Copy of ASQ Booking

5)    Copy of Flight Booking / Confirmation

---------------

On the 2nd of July there is a meeting of the CCSA whereby the Phuket Sandbox model will be discussed (and possibly officially approved), there should be greater information there. 

It is looking likely that that anyone will be able to fly directly into Phuket and stay at a SHA+ approved hotel for 7 days (PCR test on day 5) without the need to quarantine inside the hotel i.e. free to travel around the island of Phuket but not leave for 7 days. 

For the vast majority of people travelling into Thailand the Phuket sandbox option seems much better option than a regular 14 day quarantine in Bangkok.

When you say 'anyone' you mean unvaccinated people as well?

Thx.

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thx.

If 14 days is easy for you with associated costs then you can return whenever you like unvaccinated 

Edited by madmen
  • Thanks 1

Anyone means everyone (according to what we all beleive, as no details from the Government) all families with children who cannot or have not been vaccinated will have to possibly remain for the full 14 days at the moment, again subject to information from the Phuket authorities. For the rest of Thailand 14 days does not matter if vaccinated or not.

Edited as was incorrect!!

Edited by beano2274

2 hours ago, rocky123 said:

If I were to return to UK to see my family etc, for 2 months or so. How "easy" would it be to return back to Thailand ? 

Detailed requirements, as they stand at the present time, are set out on the Royal Thai Embassy London website:-

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Personally I would, if I were in your shoes, be biding my time for any trip back to the UK until all the COVID-related madness had subsided somewhat.

• Like 2

I'm in a similar position in that I'd like to go to the UK for a while, and although there are some hoops it seems easily do-able.

I'll probably wait another week or two to see the Phuket Sandbox status and the UK red/amber/green list update due next week, but might end up doing it two or three times this year if everything aligns well.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Been stuck in the UK away from the  wife and daughter since last March.

I suppose I could get back through the hoops, but I need return every 9 months to the UK anyway, so going through all the hoops every 9 months, seeking new vaccines (even though done), tests etc, uk quarantine, makes it ridiculous.

My advice stay in Thailand until all this stupidity ends, then visit the family in the uk.

Better to be stir crazy with the g/f than without

Your reasons are about as strong as they can get. What hoops?

assuming Phuket is official next week why could you not see your family? Phuket is a bonus but regardless why wouldn't you sacrifice 14 days of your life for them for 9 months together. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thx.

The OP says he plans on visiting the UK for '2 months or so'. If I was him I'd get my vaccinations done whilst I was there. As he has a retirement visa he must be over 50 - in which case vaccine doses are now given 8 weeks apart so as long as he contacts a GP as soon as he arrives, he should be able to get both done.

Apart from the obvious health benefits, he could have an easier time returning to Thailand - depending on the ever changing entry requirements at the time.

No need to worry about eligibility - the UK offers free vaccines to everyone, even visitors.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

I wouldn't leave Thailand right now unless you have very important reasons for doing so. If we've learnt anything during this pandemic, it's that the goalposts are being moved all the time. The only certainty is uncertainty.

I agree it's uncertain times but at the worst it's 2 weeks quarantine which is not the end of the workd so long as you have the time and money.

13 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I agree it's uncertain times but at the worst it's 2 weeks quarantine which is not the end of the workd so long as you have the time and money.

Now that's the situation but next week, Thailand might become a red country in the UK's eyes, especially considering that there is now a so-called Thai variant.

Worst case scenario is not just that you'll have to quarantine, but maybe you won't be allowed to travel at all, and how long that goes on for is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There have been a couple of contradictory answers to this question so I’ll be very clear with specific regards to arrival in Thailand under the proposed Phuket SandBox model. 

Anyone = ALL vaccinated Adults (18 yrs old and greater). 

Only adults who can prove they have been vaccinated (both vaccines more than 14 days before travel) will be permitted to travel to Phuket under the proposed Sandbox model.

Adults who are not vaccinated will not be permitted to travel to Phuket under the SandBox model and would need to stay at an ALQ (14 day hotel quarantine in Phuket or ASQ in Bangkok).

Children can also accompany the adult - those from 12-17 years old have to take a Rapid Antigen test upon arrival at the Airport. Those children younger than 12 do not need to take any tests. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, theoldgit said:

You can certainly return, there are some hoops to jump through though, it you have an extension based on retirement with a re-entry permit, that's a good start.

You'll have to obtain tests and self isolate in the UK I think, and I believe you'll have to get a Certificate of Enty, Insurance and will probably have to quarantine on your return here.

As your question is really about returning to Thailand, I'll move your question to another Forum.

Which forum please? How do I find it? 

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There have been a couple of contradictory answers to this question so I’ll be very clear with specific regards to arrival in Thailand under the proposed Phuket SandBox model. 

Anyone = ALL vaccinated Adults (18 yrs old and greater). 

Only adults who can prove they have been vaccinated (both vaccines more than 14 days before travel) will be permitted to travel to Phuket under the proposed Sandbox model.

Adults who are not vaccinated will not be permitted to travel to Phuket under the SandBox model and would need to stay at an ALQ (14 day hotel quarantine in Phuket or ASQ in Bangkok).

Children can also accompany the adult - those from 12-17 years old have to take a Rapid Antigen test upon arrival at the Airport. Those children younger than 12 do not need to take any tests. 

It's a moveable feast, but I think flights to Phuket have to be direct, as in not transiting in BKG, although transit through Doha seems to be allowed, (on BA).

1274506527_Screenshot(255).png.a900bf0548328e1511fa2a6349e923fb.png

8 hours ago, madmen said:

Your reasons are about as strong as they can get. What hoops?

assuming Phuket is official next week why could you not see your family? Phuket is a bonus but regardless why wouldn't you sacrifice 14 days of your life for them for 9 months together. 

way Thailand goes with hoops my friend, Phuket could well end up some quarantine Island with no exits for a year - I cannot afford that for health reasons. Better to me to wait until all the stupidity dies down. Family are safe and we have enough money. Best thing is that the missing time will count as extra marriage length for a UK visa eventually - if nothing else

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Rocky.  Hope you are not over 75.In spite of headlines stating 99 years I've found it impossible to get a quote. It seems oer 75s are banned effectively. 

5 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Which forum please? How do I find it? 

Your on the right forum now.

The problem for retirees over 75 is the 400/40K Health Insurance requirement, however that is only required if applying for a STV, Non O, Non O-A, or Non O-X or entering with a re-entry permit from a valid extension of stay based on retirement.

The 400/40K Health Insurance isn't required if entering VE or on a TV.

The 100,000 USD is mandatory for all entries, but available up to age 99.

• Thanks 1