COVID Vaccination Experiences - please post here

Sheryl

Koh Phangan, Surat Thani

My gf telephoned KP hospital yesterday, on my behalf and after being given an alternative number to call on several occasions, she was told that I could not register as there were not enough doses of vaccine available for foreigners.

Province: Bangkok

Date: 17 June

Location (name of hospital or other) Phyathai2 Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) No

How did you register? Thailand Intervac

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes

If yes, Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated:

12 June: Registered via thailandintervac.com/expatriates, managed to get the appointment on 17 June.

15 June: Received email from DDC to confirm my appointment.

17 June

2 pm: Arrived at Phyathai2 Hospital with foreign and thai friends(out girlfriends), all registered on thailandintervac website.

Tho my appointment was for an hour later. Did not matter.

2:30pm: Registration (Gave them my passport, signed some documents)

Then measuring blood pressure, getting the shots, observation room etc. All smooth, nothing to complain.

We were out on 3 30.

All of us got vaccination cards like Henry with new appointment on 9 September that also show the lot and serial number of the AZ vaccine that was used.

The Thais see their vax certificate in the mor prom app too, as it was linked using their thai Id when singing up at the hospital.

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Thanks 1

Province:  Bangkok

Date:  19 June

Location (name of hospital or other) Sinphaet Srinakarin Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Over 60

How did you register? Mor Phrom App  Have pink ID card

If yes,  Type of vaccine :  AZ

Original appointment was 15 June, but received an SMS saying no vaccine so there will be a delay

Received another SMS giving me an appointment on 19th.

Very well organised with numbered 'stations' for registration, blood pressure test, vaccination and 30 minute observation.

No English spoken and I was the only foreigner, but my Thai was good enough to answer the health questions etc.

Told to rest and drinks lots of water, was even given some water. ????

Given appointment card for second jab on 11 Sept.

20210619_132242.thumb.jpg.7f1c1530bac4859c6bfe46a388e6e9a6.jpg

Edited by Kinnock
  • Like 1

Province: Sakon Nakhon

Date: 23rd June 2021

Location (name of hospital or other)               Khok Si Suphan hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No)    Yes, over 60

How did you register?                                                  Volunteer health workers 

Vaccination received (yes/no)                            Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine :                                              AstraZeneca

2nd appointment on 15th September.

I am 66 years old. American. In Bangkok.  I have been trying to register for the vaccine for 2 weeks on the website given by the US embassy.  I filled in the required info but nothing happens. I tried to contact that new Vimut hospital. I also tried to contact Chulalongkorn hospital because I normally use their service. But no reply.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Date: 23 June

Are you over 60:chronically ill?  60+

How did you register? Thailand Intervac on June 7

Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca

7 June: Registered via thailandintervac.com for Payathai-2, June 23, 2:00pm.

21 June 8:30pm: Received email from DDC to confirm my appointment.

23 June 1:00pm:  arrived early and was glad I did, there was already a queue in operation. They only asked for my passport, not the email I was told to bring. I requested AstraZenica but not sure I needed to. A similarly aged Westerner sitting next to me was assigned Sinovac. 

I have highly variable BP and was flagged. They test a second time then ask you to talk to a doctor. Had a lovely chat with the doctor who said her mother has the same problem.  They ask you to sign that you accept the vaccine with your BP. 

Important

I talked to the doctor about the new plan to wait only 8 weeks for AZ dose 2, and in fact I requested it.  She said they know about it but have not yet received orders. When they do, they will automatically reschedule everyone who has received AstraZenica to 8 weeks and send an email with a new appointment date.  I do not need to do anything, she said.

Thank you..great information, especially the last paragraph and the BP check info.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rabas said:

Date: 23 June

Are you over 60:chronically ill?  60+

How did you register? Thailand Intervac on June 7

7 June: Registered via thailandintervac.com for Payathai-2, June 23, 2:00pm.

21 June 8:30pm: Received email from DDC to confirm my appointment.

23 June 1:00pm:  arrived early and was glad I did, there was already a queue in operation. They only asked for my passport, not the email I was told to bring. I requested AstraZenica but not sure I needed to. A similarly aged Westerner sitting next to me was assigned Sinovac. 

I have highly variable BP and was flagged. They test a second time then ask you to talk to a doctor. Had a lovely chat with the doctor who said her mother has the same problem.  They ask you to sign that you accept the vaccine with your BP. 

Important

I talked to the doctor about the new plan to wait only 8 weeks for AZ dose 2, and in fact I requested it.  She said they know about it but have not yet received orders. When they do, they will automatically reschedule everyone who has received AstraZenica to 8 weeks and send an email with a new appointment date.  I do not need to do anything, she said.

Pretty much same experience.  I got there at 12.45 and was number 27.   Good information about rescheduling 2nd jab.  Thanks.

Date: 24 June

Are you over 60:chronically ill?  Not 60 and not sick.

How did you register? Thailand Intervac

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes

Had a 2 pm appointment, but was done and dusted by 11:30 am.

Very professional operation. The nurses had the syringe ready, so I never saw the actual AstraZenica vail, but I  guess it is genuine stuff.

Date: 24-Jun

Location Pyathai2

Are you over 60/chronically ill? Yes

How did you register? ThailandIntervac

Vaccination received Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : Sinovac

Place was packed - every seat taken, but smooth operation, in out within 1 hour inc the 30 minutes after jab obs time. 2nd jab in 4 weeks.

21 hours ago, Gashead said:

Pretty much same experience.  I got there at 12.45 and was number 27.   Good information about rescheduling 2nd jab.  Thanks.

Hi did you have to bring any printed documents with you?  My appt is on June 29

16 minutes ago, cjdesign said:

Hi did you have to bring any printed documents with you?  My appt is on June 29

No.  Just hand in your passport.  They then issue you with a queue number and you're good to go.  Good luck.  Get there early!!

Province:   Bangkok

Date:   25 June

Location Phyathai 2

Are you over 60/chronically ill? Yes/Yes

How did you register?  Thailandintervac.com

Vaccination received  Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine :  AZ - second shot 12 weeks

No documents other than passport required - you fill out a short medical/data form at BP station (know your weight in KG and height in CM)

Edited by lopburi3

7 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

This is not correct. At the bottom you can click on "Report bugs" and then you can fill out something ????

Right. I know. I did that twice now. No one gets back to me on it though. 
Anyway, I just now stopped in at the new " Vimut" hospital  to ask if I could please register in person. They told me no, because  they are all out of vaccines, which is the reason  why it is impossible to fill out the form on line.

It won't work until the government opens it up again.  They told me to just keep trying it  everyday !
I don't understand why no one else here has not  had the same  thing happen to them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, taiwanatoa said:

I don't understand why no one else here has not  had the same  thing happen to them. 

Because I read below on the bottom of the page ..

As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, HidyHo said:

No no no,  Hidy ho ho ho, that is not why no one else has mentioned having this difficulty. or why everyone else  has had no problem with registering and then going to get their vaccine.

Because in fact, I also  " read below on the bottom of the page .. "

As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience.

Edited by taiwanatoa
because I had not yet written anything !

Province:   PathumThani

Date:   25 June 2021

Location (name of hospital or other)   MedPark Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No)  Yes/No

How did you register?  ThailandIntervac.com

Vaccination received (yes/no)  Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine :   AstraZeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated:  N/A

It is my understanding that only AZ was being dispensed without regard to which vaccine one had registered to receive.  I had registered for Sinovac as it was my only option when registering, but was relieved to receive AZ.

I was given an appointment in 12 weeks for my second dose.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:04 AM, Sheryl said:

Province:  Suratthani

Date:  27th June

Location (name of hospital or other) Samui Tourism School

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) yes/yes

How did you register?Smart Samui app

Vaccination received (yes/no)   Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ

Registered back in May. Had to give all visa details. All registrations to be approved by immigration as being Samui residents.

Immigration approved 22nd June

Informed of appointment on 25th June for vaccination on 27th June.

First dose A Z this morning - second dose 19/9

Province:                                                             Surat Thani  (Koh Samui)

Date:                                                                                       28/06/2021

Location (name of hospital or other)            Samui Rajabat University of Tourism.

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No)  Over 60.

How did you register?                                               Walk-in.

Vaccination received (yes/no)                         Yes.

If yes,  Type of vaccine :                                           AstraZeneca

• Thanks 1

Province:                                                                                     Phuket

Date:                                                                                               25/06/2021

Location (name of hospital or other)                    Phuket Orchid Spa and Resort Karon
                                                                                     (staffed by Chalong Hospital)

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No)          No/Yes

How did you register?                                                       phuket.win

Vaccination received (yes/no)                                 Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine :                                                   AstraZeneca

Registered the first day phuket.win started accepting vaccination for non work-permit foreigners on 16/06/2021.  Initial status:  "Registration Received. The registration was approved. We will send SMS for vaccination slot selection."  Then the status changed to: "vaccines are no longer available."  [No SMS was ever received.  I just kept checking the phuket.win site several times a day.] Then on 21/06/2021 it allowed me to choose an AstraZeneca vaccination appointment at one of two locations each having several different dates and times.  I arrived in line at 08:40 for my 09:00 appointment time, received the jab at about 09:55, waited after the jab for about 30 minutes, exited the vaccination center at 10:25.  Was given the date of the second dose appointment which is in 12 weeks time.  Everything was very well organized and professionally handled. 

The first attachment is the receipt I received at the vaccination center which had my next appointment listed.  The second attachment is the National Vaccination Certificate (cost 50 baht) I got from Chalong Hospital the next day based on my vaccination receipt.  It will allow me to leave and re-enter Phuket domestically without needing to get a covid test to do so.

Redacted vaccination receipt.png

Redacted vaccination certificate.png

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Date:  June 29

Location (name of hospital or other) phyathai2

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) yes

How did you register?  Thailand intervac

Vaccination received (yes/no) yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ

Confirmation was sent by text message late afternoon the day before. Very well organized--they started early with registration and vaccine.  I was out by 2pm.  Glad I struggled with the app to register. 

• Thanks 1

Province: Phetchabun

Date: 07 June 2021

Location: Local Ampur Compound (in lieu of Phetchabun government hospital)

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (75 / not ill) 

How did you register? Mor Prom app

Vaccination received: Yes

If yes,  Type of vaccine :  AstraZeneca

If no, Reason not vaccinated: n/a

• Like 1