What do I do?

pagallim

7 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

I have such a checklist  for my wife, but she doesn't want to talk about it, because  "it brings bad luck to talk about ones death"...

Agreed, particularly here where many are superstitious about such things.   It can always be kept with other personal paperwork that would easily be found.

Good post and hope others take it seriously if they have anything of value to pass along as painlessly as possible..

I have an executor and lawyer in USA and to make it easier I have a trusted friend and lawyer here to serve as a go-between... 

all details are kept in an envelope in the safe... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Good post and hope others take it seriously if they have anything of value to pass along as painlessly as possible..

I have an executor and lawyer in USA and to make it easier I have a trusted friend and lawyer here to serve as a go-between... 

all details are kept in an envelope in the safe... 

Indeed, and I'm sure that many will have similar.   The prompt of this post is through awareness of a situation in the provinces recently where the demise of a person has left his partner in a state of stress and confusion.   Death isn't a planned event, though as we all know, if it can happen unexpectedly to others it can happen to us.   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

I have such a checklist  for my wife, but she doesn't want to talk about it, because  "it brings bad luck to talk about ones death"...

I got chastised for talking to the gecko outside the house....apparently it's bad luck to call wild animals as they might be the reincarnations of some evil human from past lives...don't worry....me and the Gecko now pretend not to know each other when the GF is around.