Pattaya: City faces permanent tourism destruction if enough vaccine can't be found

webfact

Too bad for them they can't find a way to capitalize on traffic... cos even if it is bleak for businesses the traffic there on Sukhumvit and the road to Central and near Foodland are still congested as usual. There must be a way to make traffic pay...   ; (

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You are not seriously expecting us to believe that this is the main reason for the almost complete failure of the Thai vaccination program?

Have the obscenely rich Thais put their hands in their pockets yet? Looks like they are actually trying to profit from the vaccines...

I'm sure you say that about everything in Thailand...it's the rich people's fault. I used to hear that a lot in the US too.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that happened it might make Pattaya MORE attractive as a tourist destination, for those that stayed away in droves because the city prior to corona was frankly unpleasant, with far too much traffic and far too many boring shops selling the same tourist junk.

Hopefully the closed businesses would be bulldozed, the pavements widened and some much needed parks opened in their place.

Personally, Pattaya hasn't been a great destination since turn of the century.

BTW, what tourist city that wants to attract visitors puts up a sewage plant right next to the biggest tourist attraction?

Bangkok, it is one big sewer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, johng said:

Thailand has one of the highest (if not the highest) disparity between the obscenely rich and the poor

something like 80% of the wealth held by 1% of the population.

Yes...so having lots of money makes them responsible for Thailand's Covid wave? You're starting to sound like the people who were blaming Bill Gates for the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

It's been a blot on Thailands Landscape for Decades; so why not raise it to the ground and build something new and of more use than a giant Brothel !

you thought yours was different?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TacoKhun said:

As for this moment, there are literally 0 reasons to live in pattaya. anywhere in thailand will be better than here. i stay here just because i own my place and dont want to pay rent also moving is a hustle which i dont need right now.

OK what are the reasons that make all these other places in Thailand better than Pattaya. 

I fancy a change but can't think of anywhere so look forward to some suggested alternatives. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I'm sure you say that about everything in Thailand...it's the rich people's fault. I used to hear that a lot in the US too.

Bizarre comment. 

You blamed rich(er) nations, I am putting the blame for their failures squarely on the greed of the Thais themselves.

Deal with it.

• Like 2