What's your favourite pub in BKK?

djayz

9 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

The Sportsman, soi 13.

Good food, good beers including imported ones, really nice staff, lots of pool tables.

A greed and the old German beer house adjoining it also does great food and shows the footy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, warrima said:

Royal Oak 33/1 for me. Perfect spot on a Sunday early afternoon. Just like getting a semi inside/outside table at the front and watch the world go by. 

Too liberal with the smokers, should not be allowed at all

• Like 2

The Black Swan aka "Mucky Duck"..Soi 19...used to be on Suk Rd but moved a few years ago. Located just before my old hotel of choice the Honey...happy memories.. now just a sad wreck...waiting for demolishing. 

Bus Stop Pub soi 4, and Old German Beer House soi 11 – both places good food, Beer House more pub-style – if they are still there, I'm not that frequent a Bangkok-visitor...????

• Thanks 1

Not really a favorite but if you are in the vicinity of Phra Khanong, "O'Rielly's Pub" on Sukhumvit, close to the Rama-4 intersection is cozy, has decent, reasonably priced food and usually a lively crowd on football days.

• Thanks 2

i like clubhouse, soi 23.  excellent food.  can sit inside with A/C or table outside on front patio.  quite a few places to choose from in the area (i see others have noted robinhood and royal oak), i usually choose clubhouse.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JRG23 said:

I've been to them all in BKK over the years. Best by miles - and a place I only discovered just before the most recent closures - is the Londoner on Phatthanakan Rd. Great beer, great food. Great for families. It's a little expensive but if you can afford it, it's a very enjoyable three or four hours on a Sunday afternoon. 

I've been going to the Londoner since it first opened.  Have known the owners from long before they ever opened the pub.  Sadly, I haven't made it over to the new location on Phatthanakan.  

Other favorites of mine are Tawan Daeng.  I usually go to the Ram Intra location but have been to others.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dddave said:

Not really a favorite but if you are in the vicinity of Phra Khanong, "O'Rielly's Pub" on Sukhumvit, close to the Rama-4 intersection is cozy, has decent, reasonably priced food and usually a lively crowd on football days.

Is there an O’Reilly’s Pub in Bangkok ??.... 

PJ O’Briens is cheap as chips.... average food, average beers... but very very reasonable prices.... 

Tuba (at the end of Ekkamai) is a good pub with a mixed crowd of Thai’s and Westerners. 

Londonner is great for watching sport, decent homemade beer, excellent food, excellent Sunday buffet, not cheap.

Not a Pub: But W’District is a favourite....  even my Thai Inalws like it there !!! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

PJ O’Briens is cheap as chips.... average food, average beers... but very very reasonable prices.... 

Tuba (at the end of Ekkamai) is a good pub with a mixed crowd of Thai’s and Westerners. 

Londonner is great for watching sport, decent homemade beer, excellent food, excellent Sunday buffet, not cheap.

Not a Pub: But W’District is a favourite....  even my Thai Inalws like it there !!! 

Yes O’Reilly’s Pub in Bangkok.....closed a few years ago....was situated near Pat Pong on Silom Road......Trink called it a new "Thairish Pub"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rinrada said:
17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

Yes O’Reilly’s Pub in Bangkok.....closed a few years ago....was situated near Pat Pong on Silom Road......Trink called it a new "Thairish Pub"

Dave with the stutter mentioned <vicinity of Phra Khanong, "O'Rielly's Pub" on Sukhumvit, close to the Rama-4 intersection> So I’m not sure where he meant... Possibly PJ’s.