Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'd rather not even try to make such specific predictions, but it's definitely occurred to me that it won't be at all surprising if they wipe out "registrations" that didn't actually lead to a specific vaccine booking. If they do the latter, that would be darn shabby.

The user database on the current InterVac server is a shambles from all the re-working they must have done.  My own record is not only missing data from the drop-down menus once again, but I noticed that the last 2 digits of my passport number are missing (and yet, it has a green checkmark as though everything is OK).

On Monday when (if) the new server goes online, if they migrate our data over to it, I'd suggest everybody check ALL of their data to be sure it is intact and not missing digits or anything else.

Actually I'm hoping they just give us a clean slate so we can freshly enter all our data to ensure that none of the bugs from the old database get carried over to the new one.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

The user database on the current InterVac server is a shambles from all the re-working they must have done.  My own record is not only missing data from the drop-down menus once again, but I noticed that the last 2 digits of my passport number are missing (and yet, it has a green checkmark as though everything is OK).

On Monday when (if) the new server goes online, if they migrate our data over to it, I'd suggest everybody check ALL of their data to be sure it is intact and not missing digits or anything else.

Actually I'm hoping they just give us a clean slate so we can freshly enter all our data to ensure that none of the bugs from the old database get carried over to the new one.

I am not going to touch my data, my passport number is ok, other stuff like district is missing, but is it really needed??

It was prolly never important to have in the first place

PASSPORT number or Thai ID number is all thats needed to identify us

17 hours ago, dsj said:

Also if you don't receive a letter with the seal, then it's more than likely you aren't registered at the Hospital, that's is what they told and showed me. The seal looks like this.
image.png.715e26bb227ac1670ee9055c5c2ca1c1.png

Can you send me one, as you have the seal already. 555555????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I am not going to touch my data, my passport number is ok, other stuff like district is missing, but is it really needed??

It was prolly never important to have in the first place

PASSPORT number or Thai ID number is all thats needed to identify us

Actually, the location data is very important.  Your registration is not valid without it.  When you log into the new site, it will probably tell you to add it.

32 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Actually, the location data is very important.  Your registration is not valid without it.  When you log into the new site, it will probably tell you to add it.

I called the hospital and apparently they have all they need.

Any info on why location data is correct? It's in the address field anyway, no one needs to know a sibdistrict to find a bangkok address ????

But yeah thai logic....nothing would surprise me.

19 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I called the hospital and apparently they have all they need.

Any info on why location data is correct? It's in the address field anyway, no one needs to know a sibdistrict to find a bangkok address ????

But yeah thai logic....nothing would surprise me.

I guess since you are in Bangkok and you have confirmed with the hospital that you are good-to-go, you'll have no problems, but for those of us in other provinces, there would be issues.

For instance, some people who reside in in Chonburi province (Pattaya) were able to register for vaccination in Bangkok only becuase the InterVac database was so screwed up and did not recognize that they resided in another province.  Some of those people are now getting cancellation notices becuase of this.

Why the district or sub district fields exist is probably so they can geo-reference which hospital is closer to you I suppose.   Then again, using a zip code field would have been easier and better.  I mean that's what zip codes are for...geocoding.

Geo-coding is probably not so important in a densely populated location as Bangkok, but maybe more important in sparsely populated provinces. 

Just a guess on my part but it seems logical that is why those fields are in drop down menu form...so they can be entered into a relational type of database that enables geocoding.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

As an age 60+ type, I made my vaccine reservation via the Intervac site on Thurs, for the end of June at Phyathai II Hospital in BKK.  And while I'm not so bold as to predict for certain what will happen that day, I can say that my online profile on the Intervac site as of last night has all three documents required/desired for a valid vaccine appointment.

I edited them a bit to remove personal info, so here's what folks should be looking for, saving and printing out once you think you have a valid vaccine appointment:

Basically:

1. A queue ticket

2. An appointment form

3. A consent form

218269374_VacBarcodeSample.jpg.5ec776a7eeff753cd80a2d05e565f82f.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

1800285008_VacFormSample.jpg.28a49fa5933ef92d52857834a43502d5.jpg

-------------------------------------------

543542948_VacConsentSample.jpg.558d7a211f12f7ef67478142798317e0.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

Cool!  Just be sure it shows up on the new "expat" site on Monday becuase I'm guessing they will scrap the old database that's on the present InterVac site once the new one is opened.

For everybody's information, there is already a glitch on the new expat site.

The expat site address is:  https://thailandintervac.com/expatriates

but when you visit the page and refresh it, it reverts to the old site's address, so be sure you bookmark the correct one and make sure you don't accidently refresh the page, or it will take you to the old site.  Hopefully they fix this bug before Monday, but just keep it in mind.

Looks like they are off to a good start of another screwed up site I hate to say ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As an age 60+ type, I made my vaccine reservation via the Intervac site on Thurs, for the end of June at Phyathai II Hospital in BKK.  And while I'm not so bold as to predict for certain what will happen that day, I can say that my online profile on the Intervac site as of last night has all three documents required/desired for a valid vaccine appointment.

I edited them a bit to remove personal info, so here's what folks should be looking for, saving and printing out once you think you have a valid vaccine appointment:

Basically:

1. A queue ticket

2. An appointment form

3. A consent form

218269374_VacBarcodeSample.jpg.5ec776a7eeff753cd80a2d05e565f82f.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

1800285008_VacFormSample.jpg.28a49fa5933ef92d52857834a43502d5.jpg

-------------------------------------------

543542948_VacConsentSample.jpg.558d7a211f12f7ef67478142798317e0.jpg

When I went to MedPark for my appointment, I was suppose to give them a letter with their seal, which I never received, so I wasn't on the hospitals list. Double check with the hospital that they have your name.

2 hours ago, dsj said:

When I went to MedPark for my appointment, I was suppose to give them a letter with their seal, which I never received, so I wasn't on the hospitals list. Double check with the hospital that they have your name.

Did you bring with you and present the versions of the three documents I posted above downloaded from your account on the Intervac site?

Also, I don't think you ever answered my question posted here before of how you managed to get a MedPark appointment via the Intervac site for June 10, when the Intervac site only opened June 7 and was largely non-operational for the first several days? In addition to having hardly any available vaccination dates listed, especially near term?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Did you bring with you and present the versions of the three documents I posted above downloaded from your account on the Intervac site?

Also, I don't think you ever answered my question posted here before of how you managed to get a MedPark appointment via the Intervac site for June 10, when the Intervac site only opened June 7 and was largely non-operational for the first several days?

I asked the same question and he did answer. Just by chance it seems. I got an appointment on 8th for 22nd at Phayathai 2. I've downloaded all the docs and printed them out but I'm thinking of rebooking on Monday to see if there's anything available in Pattaya. That's if the system will let me. I don't want to waste slots for other people and am happy travelling up to bangers if necessary, but it's a gamble if people are getting turned away, for whatever reason. Déja vu at all Thai government offices.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I'm thinking of rebooking on Monday

I haven't seen any way online to change the date of an existing appointment once one has been assigned in their system.....

I guess you could create a new/separate profile with a different email address, and proceed with that account. But dunno what doing that does or would do to a different registration previously done under a different email.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Also, I don't think you ever answered my question posted here before of how you managed to get a MedPark appointment via the Intervac site for June 10, when the Intervac site only opened June 7 and was largely non-operational for the first several days? In addition to having hardly any available vaccination dates listed, especially near term?

Yes I did take all of the 3 forms with me1. the vaccine appointment, the service queue with the bar code, the vaccination screening and consent form. Also I booked my appointment on June 7th, and at that time there was allot of dates and hospitals available.

• Thanks 1