Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just register all foreigners automatically.

Why does this have to be complicated?

With TM.30, TM.47, TM.7 they know who we are, our email and phone number, our gender, how old we are and where we live.

But no, we've got to go queue somewhere and fill out more paperwork. Now there will be a gazillion separate smokestacks of data scattered about the country.

The focus on registrations is INSANE. Focus on getting the vaccine(s).

Get real. YOur comment indicates to me that you have no idea about thailand or how incompetant their computer systems are. It would be the biggest mess of all if we relied on them using data from TM30, 47, 7 etc. But thanks for giving me my first laugh for today

3 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Can people on tourist visa register? Is it only sinovac

I'm pretty sure the answer is a resounding YES! The official announcement from the CCSA is that Every person on Thai soil is to be vaccinated ASAP.

As for the specific vaccine, I keep hearing this from unofficial sources (news channels, etc), but not officially yet from the CCSA that SinoVac will be administered to those under 60, and AstroZenica to those over 60.  Can anyone confirm this is officially true or not?

4 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

most reasonable people are in group 3 or 4

which of your two group 4s? Or is it group 8?

Congratulations, like everyone else you spotted a simple typo (which can’t be edited / corrected after a set time)...

Did you actually have any intelligent contribution to the thread to make ?

58 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Why? Did he start speaking some Mandarin while blaming the origin of the outbreak actually came from the USA? Just kidding. But might be nice to be able to speak some Mandarin other than going through doing it the hard way.  Anyway all vaccines have their side effects for most people as far as we know. But my USA associate and friend did say none for him for Moderna with his first shot. And it was free. 

My Thai wife has had the sinovac 2 doses  also 8 of her friends with no after effects to any of them yet my 3 friends in the UK had the AZ vaccine 2 were ok no problems and one was sick had to stay in bed for 3 days not nice but now ok 

3 hours ago, vivananahuahin said:

Not now is it mandatory?because all these vaccines are still on trial and used in case of emergency,next year may be,it is a little panic now.

i would expect that you will not be able to renew your visa unless you are vaccinated

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just register all foreigners automatically.

Why does this have to be complicated?

With TM.30, TM.47, TM.7 they know who we are, our email and phone number, our gender, how old we are and where we live.

But no, we've got to go queue somewhere and fill out more paperwork. Now there will be a gazillion separate smokestacks of data scattered about the country.

The focus on registrations is INSANE. Focus on getting the vaccine(s).

This way buys them a little more time since you’ll be notified when it’s your turn.

22 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

Thailand has always been a total ****up. If you don't accept it, why did you stay here?

Hot weather, hot GF, great muay thai training, and under 5 mins to the beach.

• Like 1

In Phuket they're not vaccinating at hospitals, it's all at the big vaccinations, one of which is very close to me. I might wander down there this week and see what they say. Not expecting anything positive but it must be worth a go.

Just checked 3 hospitals in Pattaya (BHP, Pattaya City and Pattaya International) as well as the Phaya Thai Sri Racha hospital. 

Not one of them is offering vaccines or even registering people to receive them.
From the main page of BHP:
bhp1.png.84597da777c8a6ddb1269fbbdea407e8.png

About 3 weeks ago  a doctor at Phaya Thai in Sri Racha told me I could register, but no timeline on when (if) I actually would be able to get jabbed and in any event, it would be the Sinovac or nothing (though he thought the AZ might be available soon). 

The last 2 trips I made there - no mention about it at all.

For what it’s worth, a couple of weeks ago a hospital in Udon registered me for an astra Zeneca jab on 14th June.

I called them today to ask whether they would, in fact, have vaccine available given the new priority being given to Bangkok. They said they hadn’t heard from the Udon Provincial authorities how they intended the vaccine roll out to proceed, but would let me know next week. At this moment, they have no vaccine.

you have also gotta love how this guy “urges” foreigners to register. As if we haven’t been clamoring to be able to do just that for the last 2 months. But, as usual, it’s our fault.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Can people on tourist visa register? Is it only sinovac

Is there any country that vaccinates tourists?  It would not be unreasonable to expect tourists to return home to get vaccinated.

I think now would be a good to time to get a proper long-stay visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You may have failed to recognise that ThaiVisa is not a unified group, separate people with different arguments - there is no hypocrisy. 

There is most certainly a group who will find anything something negative about anything Thai, but that is a minor but vocal minority. 

Regarding vaccines opinions seem to fall into a few separate groups: 

1) Those who are Anti-vaccine (a rather vocal minority) 

2) Those who are pro-vaccines but anti-covid-vaccines (another vocal minority)

3) Those who don’t mind waiting for their vaccines whichever brand.

4) Those who don’t mind waiting for a specific brand of vaccine

4) Those who want any vaccine as soon as possible and are complaining that the Thai roll out is not fast enough. 

I think most reasonable people are in group 3 or 4 but thats not really a group with a strong voice as the voice of balance is rarely a topical point of discussion. 

Sorry ...so, This is Thaivisa where many people (mostly US citizens it seems) continually whine.

There better?????

Edited by starky
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, madmitch said:

In Phuket they're not vaccinating at hospitals, it's all at the big vaccinations, one of which is very close to me. I might wander down there this week and see what they say. Not expecting anything positive but it must be worth a go.

Let me know how that goes mate.

I am about a 5 minute walk from Junceylon shopping centre where they are vaccinating the Thai's but of course I'm not allowed...even though I have yellow house book and pink ID Card!

2 hours ago, Karma80 said:

In Phuket we were told that all work permit holders would be vaccinated yesterday en mass. My company registered us and then on Saturday, the registration page magically changes to remove any date.

There's no number or email, but the LINE contact admin just says no date for when foreigners can get vaccinated and also "currently foreigners without a valid work permit are not yet eligible to apply at this point in time".

Our company secretary has checked with all the hospitals who know nothing.

Disgraceful in every respect 

1 hour ago, dsj said:

Here's one website that I went to register successfully, but don't have appointment yet as they don't have the Vaccine yet. It's in Thai and English and you can use your passport or Thai ID card.
https://vaccinecovid19.cra.ac.th/VaccineCOVID19Content/content/home
image.png.9ad2b4b880b25fc61a98a9989f710b1a.png
image.png.78077e93a311b5e89d8dedd8bac2a3cc.png

The Chulabhorn site is now closed for new registrants just like Maw Phrom and WiMut Hospital's registration for foreigners.  All three, and the only three that I registered for. 

Since all three closed about the same time, I assume they were told to do so.

Some good news, Chulabhorn's registration home page has a new message saying they will proceed to get vaccines for those who already registered,  and to wait for an SMS invitation to set a vaccination date. I checked my resignation and it said I am currently awaiting said SMS. 

• Like 1

I had tried to register a week or so ago and was told everything was closed down. I do wish they would make up their minds and enhance planning.  I'm not flogging my horse to get to the front gate. In fact I'm giving my horse a rest but I do wish we would get a clear message. 

Edited by Magenta408

In most countries you get the vaccination for free here foreigners won’t get the vaccination for free if they choose any vaccine that isn’t made in China I think why are they asking all those questions by religion etc. etc. amazing Thailand TIT

• Sad 1