Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Do any have your medical records?

Emailed my request to Pattaya Memorial who have my medical records as they instructed and despite chasing the only response is they don't have the vaccines yet. Now it seems I have to walk in and apply at a Government Hospital presumably Banglamung and be there the whole day to register with a fair risk of getting infected!

I want to be in line for vaccination. No problem for me which one but at age 76 with no underlying conditions it is more likely I will be offered Astra Zeneca.

Needles don't bother you, then?

"Me, no, I have had too many of 'em, arms like pincushions, I reckon I have had an armful of everything that's going in my time, needles the size of drainpipes some of 'em!" 

Tony Hancock, "The Blood Donor"

Edited by ChrisKC
spelling error
  • Haha 2

Has the Pfizer vaccine been approved in Thailand the storage conditions are difficult unless you have the correct equipment Vaccine Pfizer BioNTech Maximum shelf life is 6 months stored in a freezer at -80°C to -60°C 120 hours at 2-8°C after thaw (assign immediately after removing from freezer) In addition, once removed from the fridge may be stored between 2 to 25°C for 2 hours prior to dilution

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In Hua Hin, for example, registration centres have been set up in the BluPort and Market Village shopping malls. Foreigners there are required to complete a form in English and submit a photocopy of the ID page of their passport.

2 days ago I spoke with them at the BluPort: Registration only for people 60+ and/or members of a risk group.

The aide to the ministry of public health Sathit Pitudecha told INN as reported by Sanook that the Thai government has always been absolutely clear since the outset about pandemic related matters.

The line of reporting these topics is getting lower and lower.

Will be the office cleaner next.

28 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

Thailand has always been a total ****up. If you don't accept it, why did you stay here?

Hot weather, hot GF, great muay thai training, and under 5 mins to the beach.

3 hours ago, dukeandduke said:
4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

What exactly are you scared of?

I don't know, other countries refusing to let me enter? A vaccine not approved by the international community? A vaccine made in the country that let the virus out?

Which countries have made that announcement, then?   Since when does emergency use of vaccines have to be "approved by the international community", whatever the "international community" is? 

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just register all foreigners automatically.

Why does this have to be complicated?

With TM.30, TM.47, TM.7 they know who we are, our email and phone number, our gender, how old we are and where we live.

But no, we've got to go queue somewhere and fill out more paperwork. Now there will be a gazillion separate smokestacks of data scattered about the country.

The focus on registrations is INSANE. Focus on getting the vaccine(s).

Hmmm . . . yes indeed, with With TM.30, TM.47, TM.7 someone knows who we are and where we live. But you're overlooking the fact that in Thailand every government agency is on a different computer network and none of them are interlinked - there's no centralised government data system.

The fact that the immigration department in Nakhorn Nowhere had got your details on file is of no functional use at all to the health department . . . it's the main reason that the whole organisation and administration of sorting out the jabs has been so confusing, with even the local hospital administrators giving up in frustration, ignoring some of the government directives (but not others - it's totally hit and miss!) and orgainsing their own localised systems, thus adding to the greater confusion.

The entire system is still based on the unthinking assumption that nobody (meaning nobody Thai) will ever move far away from their family, and thus remain in the province they were born. (Just try to buy a vehicle from another province and then register it where you're living and see the huge mess of paperwork required and the need (often) to travel in person to that other province to complete it . . . )

Which was fine for the simple farmers and factory workers of 80 years ago but hopelessly unrealistic in today's computerised era of the internet.

Edited by robsamui

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Will those with Mor Prom appts need to re register, or will those still be OK when we turn up?

The wife is going to phone the hospital on the 7th to make sure its still ok,fingers crossed

3 hours ago, dukeandduke said:

I don't know, other countries refusing to let me enter? A vaccine not approved by the international community? A vaccine made in the country that let the virus out?

If the Chinese manufactured covid then they have a head start on the manufacturing of a vaccine. 

Big plus  with the vaccine's from china is if you end up with covid the severity of the virus is reduced considerably. 

Keep of the ventilator 

From Samui info by Nicha Facebook 

** IMPORTANT ** Just got a confirmation from Ko Samui Hospital that COVID-19 Vaccination for foreigners in Samui is now postponed (Due to IT problem) from June 1 to no new fixed date...(Thank you for a Page's follower for the info ????)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wharria said:

Has the Pfizer vaccine been approved in Thailand the storage conditions are difficult unless you have the correct equipment Vaccine Pfizer BioNTech Maximum shelf life is 6 months stored in a freezer at -80°C to -60°C 120 hours at 2-8°C after thaw (assign immediately after removing from freezer) In addition, once removed from the fridge may be stored between 2 to 25°C for 2 hours prior to dilution

Incorrect:

FDA Authorizes Longer Time for Refrigerator Storage of Thawed Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine 

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-brief-fda-authorizes-longer-time-refrigerator-storage-thawed-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine#:~:text=today%2C the U.S. Food and,for up to 5 days.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Visa status is irrelevant. Anyone who is in Thailand, can register.

Which vaccine you will get will depend on your age/risk category and also what is in stock which in turn will vary over time.

In June, they will at best have only enough AZ for the over 60's, everyone else will be Sinvac.

AZ stocks should gradually rise after that.

Not all provinces are doing registration.  Mine just announced that exisiting appointments made via Mor Prom will be ignored and it will just be walk in, first come/first serve.

Since I spent a full day and burned many irreplacable brain cells registering through Mor Prom, I'm not too happy about this. It will be chaotic and crowded and I'll end up behind peopekl whose appointment dates were much later than mine. 

But this is in my province, others may do it differently. The "guidance" (sic) from central levels has been so poor and contradictory that increasingly local officials are deciding their own approaches.

Hi  my dear Sheryl, always a voice of calm…..I am in Kamphaeng Phet anda group of about 7-8 people from the local hospital (so my GF tells me) came by about 2 weeks ago to register the household….they wanted my passport only and ,after I asked said it would be they said Phizer…end of report, let me swap some flies geeeeezzzz!

3 hours ago, smedly said:

a Thai friend of mine recieved their first dose of sinovac - they shared the experience over a 2 week period - I will not post here what they said but it did reafirm that never ever is that stuff going into my body - period

"...I will not post here what they said..."

Why not and why on earth even mention it, then?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

These are concerns we are all trying to balance.

It's not fear of a certain vaccine.

Some vaccines do better to protect against new covid 19 variants.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/05/04/a-real-world-look-at-covid-19-vaccines-versus-new-variants

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01222-5

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/how-the-different-covid-vaccines-will-handle-variants.html

"For now, the main Covid-19 vaccines bring distributed across the US -from Moderna, Johnson&Johnson, and Pfizer/BioNTech - remain highly effective at preventing illness, hospitalizations, and deaths, even from the new variants (sic) reported so far."

https://www.vox.com/22385588/covid-19-vaccine-variant-mutation-n44k-india-moderna-pfizer-b1617

• Thanks 1

There's inconsistency in this process. I know expats who have registered here and received a date for their first jab. I've also registered, but have not been given a date yet, and I registered a week before they did. SO I will just have to wait in line until contacted.

4 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

What's wrong with the Sinovac? Yes, it's not quite as effective as others, but It's still better than no vaccination whatever.

You can always take the Sinovac and then later take the vaccine of your choice.

And arrive at deaths door with a doctor, waiting to pull you through.????

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand is the only country that's so "INSANE"  [sic] that it insists on people registering for vaccinations, yes?

Actually, the USA, among others, went through a prolonged bout of the same insanity, before the rules were relaxed. The reason registration is required in the early days of vaccinations is that you don't want swarms of people waiting to be vaccinated. A plan that creates chaos is not a great plan.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Visa status is irrelevant. Anyone who is in Thailand, can register.

Which vaccine you will get will depend on your age/risk category and also what is in stock which in turn will vary over time.

In June, they will at best have only enough AZ for the over 60's, everyone else will be Sinvac.

AZ stocks should gradually rise after that.

Not all provinces are doing registration.  Mine just announced that exisiting appointments made via Mor Prom will be ignored and it will just be walk in, first come/first serve.

Since I spent a full day and burned many irreplacable brain cells registering through Mor Prom, I'm not too happy about this. It will be chaotic and crowded and I'll end up behind peopekl whose appointment dates were much later than mine. 

But this is in my province, others may do it differently. The "guidance" (sic) from central levels has been so poor and contradictory that increasingly local officials are deciding their own approaches.

Can you travel with Sinovac?I mean is Sinovac approved in USA,Europe etc.?I guess not so that means if I go for a home visit I will need to get another injection with an approved vaccine if I want free movement

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Can you travel with Sinovac?I mean is Sinovac approved in USA,Europe etc.?I guess not so that means if I go for a home visit I will need to get another injection with an approved vaccine if I want free movement

Perhaps correct but the point / purpose of vaccination is NOT traveling....