Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners in Thailand are being urged to register to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible.

Not a chance.

When I get my vaccine I will book an appointment with the private hospital that I'm registered with and pop along at the correct time for the jab of my choosing. There will be no waiting or queueing of any kind - I'll wait until that stage has passed.

Until this system is in place they won't be hearing from me.

I'm relatively young though, I would have much more of a sense of urgency if I was about 25 years older in my 70's right now.

If they came door to door offering the AZ vaccine I would take it on the spot but barring that I'll wait.

Edited by ukrules

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just register all foreigners automatically.

Why does this have to be complicated?

With TM.30, TM.47, TM.7 they know who we are, our email and phone number, our gender, how old we are and where we live.

But no, we've got to go queue somewhere and fill out more paperwork. Now there will be a gazillion separate smokestacks of data scattered about the country.

The focus on registrations is INSANE. Focus on getting the vaccine(s).

This poses a question, all the forms we submit do they really know who is here and where we are

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

I said from the beginning that with Thailand's well known love of bureaucracy, one hand not knowing what the other is doing, and wanting every piece of information in triplicate that this was bound to be a total **** up. So far I have not been anything to change my mind.

I can only speak to my own personal experience in Hua Hin where the process was extremely straightforward, quick and efficient.

There was a simple, one-page form to fill out (the one shown in the OP). After I filled it out and handed it in with a copy of my passport main page, I was given a date (July 6) for my first dose of the vaccine, within ten minutes. According to the people at the registration desk it will be AstraZeneca and free.

The entire process from start to finish, including completing the form, going downstairs to get a copy of my passport and waiting for them to give me the appointment, took less than 20 minutes.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

2 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Perhaps correct but the point / purpose of vaccination is NOT traveling.... 

Yes I understand that but at some point I want to travel to Europe  and I'm not even sure if it is healthy for me to get a Sinovac injection and a bit later some different vaccine.

Article from the May 6th Bangkok Post,

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has dismissed a claim made online by ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in which he said the Pfizer vaccine was already in Thailand for emergency and exclusive use among a certain group of people.

"The Pfizer vaccine is not yet in this country because Pfizer has yet to register its Covid-19 vaccine with us,'' FDA secretary-general Paisarn Dankum, said via a Facebook Live press briefing on Wednesday.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, starky said:

Thaivisa every one whines about not being able to get a vaccine, then when they can register don't want the vaccine or only want the specific brand of vaccine they choose.

Some of the most hypocritical sooks on this forum its unbelievable.  

I only want a free vaccine from a foreign government if it's exactly the vaccine I want...boo hoo dummy spit throw all my toys out of the pram....pathetic. 

And how many times have you turned down freebies? Holier that thou comes to mind.

Foreigners urged! I guess, seeing also the form, they will check as well , your status in Thailand.

I'll bet they will do this.

You better have all your papers straight, otherwise you fly out of Thailand without vaccine.

This is a marvelous situation to check on foreigners in Thailand,  using the fear of covid. Really nasty.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Surasak said:

And how many times have you turned down freebies? Holier that thou comes to mind.

What? Not sure what ya getting at there mate. Lol. Why what are you offering? ????

Edited by starky

5 hours ago, WineOh said:

I will go to my local hospital on June 7.

I will also enquire with what brand of jab they intend to stick me with.

If the words 'sinovac' are uttered by anyone at the hospital I shall be walking straight back out the door.

My arm, my choice.

I have a British friend who says just the opposite. Wants the Sinovac because it's based on the more traditional inactivated virus, rather than the messenger RNA-based ones that come from Western countries. Food for thought? 

I have read many times in these pages that the Chinese vaccine won't be given to anyone over 60.

4 hours ago, vivananahuahin said:

Not now is it mandatory?because all these vaccines are still on trial and used in case of emergency,next year may be,it is a little panic now.

None of the vaccines currently in use is still on trial. They have all completed the full 3 phases of human clinical trials that are required for a vaccine to be put into use. 

It is true that so far, they have only received Emergency Use Authorization but that is not altogether unusual when there is an ongoing, critical public health emergency such as a global pandemic that has already killed at least 3.5 million people (possibly double that if latest estimates are correct).

No further trials are required for full approval, just additional data from vaccinations. Pfizer for instance, already submitted the documentation required for full approval to the US FDA at the beginning of May. Moderna is expected to follow suit soon.

Pfizer-BioNTech seeks full FDA approval

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Foreigners urged! I guess, seeing also the form, they will check as well , your status in Thailand.

I'll bet they will do this.

You better have all your papers straight, otherwise you fly out of Thailand without vaccine.

This is a marvelous situation to check on foreigners in Thailand,  using the fear of covid. Really nasty.

I have the intuition to imagine the Thai immigration will be insisting that a visa applicant must show proof of having  registered for a vaccine . 

Mysteriously, two friends have tried to register and one was told online by Vimut that registrations were full and no more were being accepted. The second person went to see Bangrak Vaccination and Health Centre, Sathorn, and it was all locked up. 

I called Bumrungrad and informed them I have an underlying disease, Diabetes, and am older than 60. I got an appointment for 30 July. No idea which vaccine.

5 hours ago, WineOh said:

I will go to my local hospital on June 7.

I will also enquire with what brand of jab they intend to stick me with.

If the words 'sinovac' are uttered by anyone at the hospital I shall be walking straight back out the door.

My arm, my choice.

Sinopharm ok? ????

27 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I can only speak to my own personal experience in Hua Hin where the process was extremely straightforward, quick and efficient.

There was a simple, one-page form to fill out (the one shown in the OP). After I filled it out and handed it in with a copy of my passport main page, I was given a date (July 6) for my first dose of the vaccine, within ten minutes. According to the people at the registration desk it will be AstraZeneca and free.

The entire process from start to finish, including completing the form, going downstairs to get a copy of my passport and waiting for them to give me the appointment, took less than 20 minutes.

Was this done at Hua Hin hospital and are you over 60?

35 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Can you travel with Sinovac?I mean is Sinovac approved in USA,Europe etc.?I guess not so that means if I go for a home visit I will need to get another injection with an approved vaccine if I want free movement

No country (that I'm aware of) is currently banning people from entry based on whether they've been vaccinated or have had a specific vaccine, only based on where they're arriving from.

Some do have lesser requirements regarding quarantine or self-isolation if you've had a particular vaccine, however.

• Like 1