Foreigners in Thailand urged to register for COVID-19 vaccine

webfact

According to reports, AZ will not be available in June.

Hospitals restrict vaccine registration amid supply concerns

The Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) and several private hospitals were closing their registration procedures for vaccination against the Covid-19 virus on Monday.

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) last week asked people to “slow down” their vaccine registration via the Mor Phrom Application due to limited supply of vaccines.

The locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine will reportedly not be delivered in June as scheduled.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28085/hospitals-restrict-vaccine-registration-amid-supply-concerns/

• Haha 1

I have been unable to register at my private hospital in Chiang Rai, although they are quite happy to take my money for anything else.

I am registered with the poo yai in my GF's village, and should get priority due to my age if a vaccine ever arrives.

Is the term cluster-copulation permitted under forum rules?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dsj said:

Here's one website that I went to register successfully, but don't have appointment yet as they don't have the Vaccine yet. It's in Thai and English and you can use your passport or Thai ID card.
https://vaccinecovid19.cra.ac.th/VaccineCOVID19Content/content/home
image.png.9ad2b4b880b25fc61a98a9989f710b1a.png
image.png.78077e93a311b5e89d8dedd8bac2a3cc.png

That is for the proposed private sale of vaccines to organisations, not individuals.    Secretary-general Nithi Mahanonda wrote on Facebook that the academy would sell the vaccine only to private and public organisations.

I'm not planning to crawl out from under the bed till July. At some time around then I will pressure my b/f into actually checking with our local (sth Surin/Prasat) clinic & public & private hospitals. Depending on the result I will then take action as appropriate.

Till then I'm relying on his village network for information, but the only thing that travels at lightening speed there is gossip about unmentionables. Anything important travels at snail pace with superstitious attachments.

14 minutes ago, club said:

Why? so they can be assured  they will get ONE jab of the weakest vaccine out there. Sinovac. 

Sinovac can be a life saver if you go down with covid . Far less severe symptoms after having taken Sinovac 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, club said:

Why? so they can be assured  they will get ONE jab of the weakest vaccine out there. Sinovac. 

less preventive for you contracting covid . Excellent for keeping you of the ventilator

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itsari said:

less preventive for you contracting covid . Excellent for keeping you of the ventilator

That may true of 2 jabs not one. One jab is worthless of Sinovac unless you get the second one

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why is Sinovac "no good" and "a waste of time"?   Rationally, I mean.

Good question, easy answer. Look at their clinical trials. weakest vaccine out of all of them

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Actually, the USA, among others, went through a prolonged bout of the same insanity, before the rules were relaxed. The reason registration is required in the early days of vaccinations is that you don't want swarms of people waiting to be vaccinated. A plan that creates chaos is not a great plan.

Yes, I'm aware of that, that's why I posted that comment!

26 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No country (that I'm aware of) is currently banning people from entry based on whether they've been vaccinated or have had a specific vaccine, only based on where they're arriving from.

Some do have lesser requirements regarding quarantine or self-isolation if you've had a particular vaccine, however.

My point is in some counties vaccinated people have more freedom, if Sinovac is not approved you probably need another vaccination with an approved vaccine.Actually not a problem,I just have no idea how healthy it is if you get Sinovac and a few months later Moderna or Biontech/Pfizer.My wife got her 2nd Sinovac shot last week she is happy with it and is urging me to get Sinovac too.Az is a no go, in most European counties AZ is only for 60+ people.In August I want to go to Europe so not sure what I'm going to do

11 minutes ago, club said:

That may true of 2 jabs not one. One jab is worthless of Sinovac unless you get the second one

I presume that if you are given one shot you will be given the second .

Brazil has used Sinovac . I have read no report from Brazil that the first vaccination is worthless.

• Like 1

I registered last month at BNH . . . At that time they told me 6 months.  

I decided to leave Thailand July 1st and get the vaccine of my choice in the USA.

Shameful how this was all handled and from a guy who spent on average 3000 bht per night in Patpong . . . and that's just at the bar....Your can include shopping, restaurants, travel within Thailand and donations.

The loss of money is staggering for the Thai people, and the American Embassy ....we wont discuss their help in this vaccine matter.

1 minute ago, Makoshark said:

I decided to leave Thailand July 1st and get the vaccine of my choice in the USA.

Shameful how this was all handled and from a guy who spent on average 3000 bht per night in Patpong . . . and that's just at the bar....Your can include shopping, restaurants, travel within Thailand and donations.

The loss of money is staggering for the Thai people, and the American Embassy ....we wont discuss their help in this vaccine matter.

Thai baht will take a nosedive if your whereabouts become known

First, I hope every person living in Thailand who wants to be vaccinated will be able to do so. And I mean every person.  Not by what country they are from.  Im talking about both Thai people and expats.

But Im confused about this vaccine registration process as it stands as of today. I was under the impression there was going to be modified registration app. This is so expats that do not have a Pink Card/ Yellow Book can register.  Then I read to go to a hospital where you would have your medical records. Im guessing this all changed. And you are now supposed to go to your local health department or one of those vaccine centers to register?  As of today, Im not really sure what to do.

As in some other posts, I have explained. In a month I will be 66 years old. Living in Bangkok. I go to Bumrungard Hospital, where I have my health records.  I just called them. And the only information they have is, you still need the Pink Card if you want to register to get a vaccine through the government. And Moderna might be coming September to November.  But with the way things are going, Im not counting on anything specific anymore.

• Like 2

Headline:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners in Thailand are being urged to register to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible.

Reality:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"All people living on Thai soil, Thais and foreign nationals alike, are requested to register for vaccination through designated channels, should they wish to receive the Covid-19 vaccine,"

Okay just spent the last few hours trying to register for a Covid 19 vaccine.

The local government hospitals in Bangsaen (Chonburi) basically have no information and no idea how a falang could register for a Covid 19 vaccine jab.

I guess they haven't had the memo yet from Bangkok.

I even tried our local large private hospital and was told to come back in October.

Confusion is yet again the order of the day.  I would laugh except I like most retired expats here have lots of pre-existing conditions which makes our mortality very much at risk if we were to catch Covid 19.

I am not worried about paying for it, I just want to get my jab and finally end this nightmare.

I hope to God this gets sorted out soon but I am not holding my breath.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, itsari said:

I have the intuition to imagine the Thai immigration will be insisting that a visa applicant must show proof of having  registered for a vaccine . 

That depends, are those rules working? Someone already extended and they asked for it?

Do Thailand demands you have to be vaccinated for covid? Many countries , it is free will.

They also never ask you if you had DPTP vaccination or any other one.

But im referring other way around. With the form, they have all kinds of info about you, so they can compare with immigration forms if you are legally in Thailand. IF not then you have immigration on your doorstep in a jiffy.

55 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That is for the proposed private sale of vaccines to organisations, not individuals.    Secretary-general Nithi Mahanonda wrote on Facebook that the academy would sell the vaccine only to private and public organisations.

You have mixed up two separate Chulabhorn programs. "That" is for Thai and foreign individuals to register for vaccination including the use of passports. It is bi-lingual. 

What you read about is a new law passed (afterwards) allowing Chulabhorn to purchase and distribute vaccines separate from current government efforts confusion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

That depends, are those rules working? Someone already extended and they asked for it?

Do Thailand demands you have to be vaccinated for covid? Many countries , it is free will.

They also never ask you if you had DPTP vaccination or any other one.

But im referring other way around. With the form, they have all kinds of info about you, so they can compare with immigration forms if you are legally in Thailand. IF not then you have immigration on your doorstep in a jiffy.

Nobody has been asked Yet . I was referring to the future .

Thailand has made no mention of demanding Thai or foreigners be vaccinated . Again I was referring to the future .

DPTP vaccine has not been demanded for the 40 million visitors to Thailand  in 2020 . How is that blending in with the situation with covid 19 ?

If you are residing in Thailand legally what is the problem? If people are not legal should that be your concern?

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Just checked 3 hospitals in Pattaya (BHP, Pattaya City and Pattaya International) as well as the Phaya Thai Sri Racha hospital. 

Not one of them is offering vaccines or even registering people to receive them.
From the main page of BHP:
bhp1.png.84597da777c8a6ddb1269fbbdea407e8.png

About 3 weeks ago  a doctor at Phaya Thai in Sri Racha told me I could register, but no timeline on when (if) I actually would be able to get jabbed and in any event, it would be the Sinovac or nothing (though he thought the AZ might be available soon). 

The last 2 trips I made there - no mention about it at all.

Try Memorial. But don't expect miracles.

42 minutes ago, Makoshark said:

There's a difference between actually registering for an actually available vaccine you're going to receive soon... VS... being put on an interest/contact list for a future vaccine supply that may arrive at some unknown future date.

I don't know which you did with BNH. But based on your 6 months comment, it sounds like they were just putting your name down on their in-house list to contact if/when they start selling imported vaccines thru the Thai Private Hospitals Assn. effort (which as reported today, remains on an unknown schedule).

50 minutes ago, itsari said:

I presume that if you are given one shot you will be given the second .

Brazil has used Sinovac . I have read no report from Brazil that the first vaccination is worthless.

That's because they get the second one like your supposed too. Not just one jab

4 hours ago, WineOh said:

Neither would I Mate.

Vigilance will be the word of the day on June 7th! 

I'd love to see a poll of what people expect to happen on June 7th. It'll be like the millennium bug all over again.

• Haha 1