Foreigners stranded in Thailand due to COVID-19 can now stay until end of September

snoop1130

36 minutes ago, simple1 said:

try educating yourself before making generalised insulting  accusations. 

e.g. Australia has had severe restrictions on repatriation flights capacity and quarantine facilities upon arrival. There are still tens of thousands of Australians stranded overseas, including those in financial difficulties.

Educate yourself, I did not say go to Australia if I ?

53 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Ahhh it s great  watching  guys like your self get upset at the thought of anyone other than yourself being able to stay here... Beach time  ,another great day in Thailand.  ????

The point is there was not extension or any help for those with a valid visa trapped outside Thailand when this happened . They just let our visa expire and we had to start from scratch even though we were just on long time, well planned vacation and not running from any virus panic. Plus we had a home, cars, and all that required money in the bank.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Excellent.... 

But why oh why couldn’t Immigration have made this simple decision 12 months ago and removed a significant degree of hassle and stress.

"Why"? A word I use prudently and rarely. I don't question the motive, rather, I enjoy the moment.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

try educating yourself before making generalised insulting  accusations. 

e.g. Australia has had severe restrictions on repatriation flights capacity and quarantine facilities upon arrival. There are still tens of thousands of Australians stranded overseas, including those in financial difficulties.

Difficult to go home to Aus does still not mean they are stranded... Thailand aint Gilligans Island.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Those given dispensation to stay costs Thailand nothing and they at least spend money which Thailand is not getting from tourism currently. Why the sour grapes? 

In the past they always tried to push people towards long term extensions or visas, rather than the misuse of tourist 'visas', when in fact they were not tourists. Thais struggle with the concept of people without jobs having money to spend and live in Thailand. 

I am unsure if they cost Thailand nothing or something, but why don't they get the correct type of Visa? 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, 10baht said:

This so much BS , not so much on the government's side but there is no way anyone couldn't have gotten out of Thailand by now. These "foreigners who are still stranded in Thailand" are milking the system and not meeting the requirements , like ins. and 800k baht in the bank.  The real contributors to Thailand are the stead fast retirees. When will the Thai gov't understand that? I guess when we leave.

You are doing like it's the 800k that is soooo important to the country , but this money is sitting in the bank while those in your eyes milking the system are actually spending money . Maybe to immigration via agents and whatever and the ones still staying here in that way are not the ones that you think are milking . The omes milking left long time ago because they don't have the means to stay here that long simply not the cash .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The extension costs 1,900 baht and is valid for 60 days from the day a person's current permit to stay ends or from the date of application.

"from the date of application" must mean if existing end date of stay has been exceeded.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I m unsure if they cost Thailand nothing or something, but why don't they get the correct type of Visa? 

Probably because they can.........................'Drifter' comes to mind

A rare sensible decision by the Thai government.

They are desperate for tourists so why kick out the few that are left here and make themselves look vindictive at the same time?

Personally I doubt there will be many takers other than those with no choice. People want to get vaccinated and they have a better chance of that outside of Thailand. Plus, it's not exactly one big party here at the moment, is it? I mean, if I didn't have commitments here I'd probably be heading back to the UK for 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But why oh why couldn’t Immigration have made this simple decision 12 months ago and removed a significant degree of hassle and stress.

They even warned us we must leave also! I've been stuck in the US since September because I failed to call their bluff. Go figure.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

How are they stranded ?

They are unable to do their usual border runs, so instead of getting "home" they claim to be stranded in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Thailand.....the falangs here during all of COVID should be made permanent residents!!!!  We have been the best falangs possible.

Firstly, it's 'farang', and it's not polite these days, due to negative derisions. 

Secondly, it's foreigner, some farang are not foreign. 

Thirdly, good post. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 10baht said:

Educate yourself, I did not say go to Australia if I ?

I read the point he was making as there are people in Thailand with a very real problem to return to there home country . Is it I that has problem reading a message or is it your good self?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xonax said:

They are unable to do their usual border runs, so instead of getting "home" they claim to be stranded in Thailand.

They should be rounded up, get branded, and banned from reentry. 

Immigration requirements are easy as it is, only desparate sexpats cant satisfy them. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Firstly, it's 'farang', and it's not polite these days, due to negative derisions. 

Secondly, it's foreigner, some farang are not foreign. 

Thirdly, good post. 

when you travel in Thailand you will realize the R is pronounced like a L.  Since we are not typing in Thai, MORE people in Thailand will understand faLang.  

A potato is Man Falang.  

i've heard falang 100 million times and if i offend a snowflake then they need to immediate tell Thailand this word must be stopped.   Falang is spoken everywhere, so I cannot be bothered by the snowflake.  if someone doesn't like it, go to another country.

when i mean falang, i don't mean foreigner....i mean falang.  hahhahhahahahahhaha.  I'm not Chinese, I am the falang.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 10baht said:

The point is there was not extension or any help for those with a valid visa trapped outside Thailand when this happened . They just let our visa expire and we had to start from scratch even though we were just on long time, well planned vacation and not running from any virus panic. Plus we had a home, cars, and all that required money in the bank.   

I personally think the people trapped due to the pandemic that were outside of Thailand was unjust . But to use that as a argument to say people being allowed to stay 60 days is wrong is also unjust . 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How is something that has been done some numerous (6 or 7) times be rare?

Because if you hadn't noticed they've made thousands of poor decisions with huge negative consequences during the same timeframe. 

Anything else I can help you with?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

when you travel in Thailand you will realize the R is pronounced like a L.  Since we are not typing in Thai, MORE people in Thailand will understand faLang.  

A potato is Man Falang.  

i've heard falang 100 million times and if i offend a snowflake then they need to immediate tell Thailand this word must be stopped.   Falang is spoken everywhere, so I cannot be bothered by the snowflake.  if someone doesn't like it, go to another country.

when i mean falang, i don't mean foreigner....i mean falang.  hahhahhahahahahhaha.  I'm not Chinese, I am the falang.

Caucasian equals white European origin