TCL air inverter conditioner 22,000btu?

arick

Want to buy a new air con for the main room. Looking at the TCL 22,000 inexpensive at 17,000-18,000 baht. The Haier is 24,000 btu at around 19,000 - 20,000

Any body purchase either. At present I have a Samsung 11,000 BTU which is OK for my 50sqm lounge but not on days like today when it feels like 42c outside. Many local people have been buying TCL. 

No personal experience with TCL but I hope you are looking at their "inverter" product.  Maybe have a chat with some of the locals who have purchased.  Also, check where the nearest authorized service center is for whatever brand you decide.

• Like 1

We have owned both Samsung and LG, both are good, but the LG's seem to do a better job, as the other poster said, make sure it's an inverter. TCL is a cheap brand, and as the saying goes, you pay for what you get.

We had a TCL TV, never again.

It failed due to gekko infiltration, impossible to get spares, scrap TV less than 12 months old (gekko not covered under warranty). 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

We have owned both Samsung and LG, both are good, but the LG's seem to do a better job, as the other poster said, make sure it's an inverter. TCL is a cheap brand, and as the saying goes, you pay for what you get.

Yes I bought an expensive Samsung and two times a little gheko fried the board. Never had a problem with the other brands 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What is the warranty, and who provides the warranty service?

They are all the same 10 year for compressor the are both made in Thailand TCL and Haier 

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

It failed due to gekko infiltration, impossible to get spares, scrap TV less than 12 months old (gekko not covered under warranty). 

Samsung air-con are very bad for ghekos I would never buy one again replaced it with a Daikin. 

17 hours ago, Crossy said:

Sorry the Gekko wasn't covered love those little guys - 555

20 minutes ago, arick said:

Yes I bought an expensive Samsung and two times a little gheko fried the board. Never had a problem with the other brands 

I also had a geko fry our board, but that was on the LG ????

I'm not really understanding the "Geko index" and air-conn reliability. Its an external factor and I imagine any/all air-conns will fail if a geko pees on the electronics. Its like saying my Acme brand appliance is not good because it failed due to the flood, fire etc.

The whole branding argument is somewhat irrelevant nowadays as many of the internal components are all coming from the same Chinese factory, Monday to Wednesday they make cct boards for TCL, Wednesday to Friday they make cct boards for Samsung.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arick said:

They are all the same 10 year for compressor the are both made in Thailand TCL and Haier 

The bigger question is who provided the warranty service. Are you close to a service center? Is there an authorized dealer close by? The manufacturer's website should have a list of authorized dealers, these dealers will be able to provide warranty service. If you are in Bangkok you're probably okay, in a more remote location maybe not. 

Is it 3 or 5-years everything and 10-years compressor, yes? The compressor warranty is almost useless as they rarely go bad. It's like the drive-train warranty on a car. Sure, if you throw a rod you're covered, but anything electronic and you're hosed.

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

We returned (under warranty) our TCL 55" smart TV less than a couple of weeks after buying. It wouldn't hold the cable TV channels so exchanged it (plus extra money) for a Sony Bravia which has not given any problems at all. First and last TCL purchase.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

We returned (under warranty) our TCL 55" smart TV less than a couple of weeks after buying. It wouldn't hold the cable TV channels so exchanged it (plus extra money) for a Sony Bravia which has not given any problems at all. First and last TCL purchase.

I have Samsung. Ban and beyond at great prices on 70 inch last month for under 19,000

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arick said:

I have Samsung. Ban and beyond at great prices on 70 inch last month for under 19,000

That is very cheap for a 70" Samung.

New or demo? Care to share the model number?

27 minutes ago, Susco said:

That is very cheap for a 70" Samung.

New or demo? Care to share the model number?

Does Samsung even make a 70"? I think they jump from 65" to 75"

!9,000 might get you a 65", I know 20K will...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Does Samsung even make a 70"? I think they jump from 65" to 75"

!9,000 might get you a 65", I know 20K will...

Yes Samsung makes 70", and since the OP clearly mentioned he bought a Samsung 70", I guess that is what he bought.

Though since he "liked" your post, and didn't respond to my question, maybe that is not what he bought

On 6/2/2021 at 7:20 AM, arick said:

DITTO  !

On 6/2/2021 at 7:59 AM, Peterw42 said:

I'm not really understanding the "Geko index" and air-conn reliability. Its an external factor and I imagine any/all air-conns will fail if a geko pees on the electronics. Its like saying my Acme brand appliance is not good because it failed due to the flood, fire etc.

The whole branding argument is somewhat irrelevant nowadays as many of the internal components are all coming from the same Chinese factory, Monday to Wednesday they make cct boards for TCL, Wednesday to Friday they make cct boards for Samsung.

In all fairness, that a Gecko can get access such that it is able to pee on the electronics is the fault of the manufacturer.

Daikin advertises that their Aircons are Gecko safe.

I have only Daikin in my house and never had a Problem in the last 13 years (old or new).

Changend the old ones to new inverter models 2 years ago and at that time I have seen the no gecko sign on their brochures.

• Like 1

Daikin are supposed to be the best . But they are largely more expensive . Of the "well known airco" brands , i think Carrier is the cheapest . But still here you are talking about a 30-50% more expensive then TCL or Hisense . My previous airco was Sharp and quite fast it was having a high pitched tone all the time , very annoying , and local service guys could not help that . I replaced it with LG inverter type .

I am looking at buying another airco  and i would not pay 50% higher then brands like TCL or Hisense ( which in fact are big Chinese brands ) .

The TCL range are generally noisier and less efficient with a SEER rating of around 14. Central air seem to have SEER ratings of around 18.9 which is better than comparable Daikin and Mitsubishi models.

Carrier offers a new model with a SEER of about 22, but it is quite a boxy design.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/carrier-x-inverter-plus-tvab-wb-pm25-5-3-2021-i2275326237-s7644849128.html?

Edited by stubuzz

The money you may save buying a cheap aircon will likely be lost (and more) due to shorter unit, life, breakdowns and increased energy use. I replaced my 11 year old Daikins with new top of the range Daikin inverter models in the last 18 months. They are bigger BTU for same physical size, run virtually silent and use much, much less electricty. I reckon to recoup the extra paid within 3 years and after that get a huge saving. Very happy that I got these.

Edited by soi3eddie

I wanted an air con for my office at home. I started looking at the 9000 btu TCL but the engineer (Who lives in my village) suggested Haier. He supplied and fitted the Haier model for the same price as the TCL (12,000 baht), the following day.

I opted for the Gree Amber inverter 24,000 BTU a SEER 18 21,000 in clouded shipping. Will have it installed this morning.  Other suggested Central Air and Haier most of the main parts are proably all from the same place.  GREE Amber comes in a silver. 

On 6/10/2021 at 9:42 PM, stubuzz said:

The TCL range are generally noisier and less efficient with a SEER rating of around 14. Central air seem to have SEER ratings of around 18.9 which is better than comparable Daikin and Mitsubishi models.

Carrier offers a new model with a SEER of about 22, but it is quite a boxy design.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/carrier-x-inverter-plus-tvab-wb-pm25-5-3-2021-i2275326237-s7644849128.html?

Yes just saw TLC is 14 Gree is 18.8 on the 24,000btu