Access Problems

lelapin

18 minutes ago, KonTrakt said:

Who the hell still uses pirate Bay?! 

????

To the original poster - there are new ways to get stuff done. After the Pirate Bay and similar sites, there was the News Groups (Usenet). Now there is Telegram for lots of stuff and things like Netflix for movies that cost so little it's not worth looking for media content elsewhere.

If it's software, I would put forward that there are better ways - including paying a subscription as well as other means.

What are you looking for, @lelapin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

????

To the original poster - there are new ways to get stuff done. After the Pirate Bay and similar sites, there was the News Groups (Usenet). Now there is Telegram for lots of stuff and things like Netflix for movies that cost so little it's not worth looking for media content elsewhere.

If it's software, I would put forward that there are better ways - including paying a subscription as well as other means

What are you looking for, @lelapin?

Old TV programs from various countries, books (audio and visual) and music.

I have an android box so movies, TV series and live programs are no  problem.

After following suggestion from above, all is OK now. Thanks OneMoreFarang

Edited by lelapin
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, lelapin said:

I have an android box so movies, TV series and live programs are no  problem.

After following suggestion from above, all is OK now. Thanks OneMoreFarang

???????? I've found that Telegram is very good for very good stuff. 

Anyway, enjoy 

• Like 1

I saw this yesterday, it’s may be of some interest. it’s a chrome extension. I haven’t checked it out yet. 

https://github.com/cotnw/muvi

I don’t see the angle on being dependent on searching one single website for your content.

This extension will search the whole web for whatever you want without touching a ad and popup loaded website.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

I saw this yesterday, it’s may be of some interest. it’s a chrome extension. I haven’t checked it out yet. 

I don’t see the angle on being dependent on searching one single website for your content.

This extension will search the whole web for whatever you want without touching a ad and popup loaded website.

I am sorry but from what I can see, it doesn't provide anything like the ability of the other website to give me free downloads of movies, TV series, TV programs, music, books and games.  I have set it up so I get no pop ups or ads.

12 hours ago, recom273 said:

thanks, interesting. I just installed that extention.

They show a sample with the fight club. And when I try that it works and shows me download options.

Then I tried with "Rambo". No download option!

Then I tried the pirates: About 30 active download options. So it seems that is still a good option.

I use Dailymotion for old tv programs and download using 4K Video Downloader ( yes old but works ) or ClipGrab or Epic Browser as a browser if it does not allow with other browsers.
There is also WhatSeries as a search.
I download and watch at will on my laptop - no tv thanks.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

thanks, interesting. I just installed that extention.

They show a sample with the fight club. And when I try that it works and shows me download options.

Then I tried with "Rambo". No download option!

Then I tried the pirates: About 30 active download options. So it seems that is still a good option.

Maybe he has some more work to do, lol .. Does it use Google as a search indexer? There are a few apps that can search for movies and then DL without touching a website; sickbeard, couchpotato or radarr - I just saw this extension and thought it would be ideal for those who don’t want to mess about installing apps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

I use Dailymotion for old tv programs and download using 4K Video Downloader ( yes old but works ) or ClipGrab or Epic Browser as a browser if it does not allow with other browsers.
There is also WhatSeries as a search.
I download and watch at will on my laptop - no tv thanks.

What is wrong with watching on a TV? You make it sound as if there is a downside.

Possibly you meant that you don't watch anything on live TV and that you don't have a TV. But it is definitely better to view series and films on a TV than on a relatively small laptop screen.

I can stream MP4 media directly from TV and download and play everything else via USB. 

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Maybe he has some more work to do, lol .. Does it use Google as a search indexer? There are a few apps that can search for movies and then DL without touching a website; sickbeard, couchpotato or radarr - I just saw this extension and thought it would be ideal for those who don’t want to mess about installing apps.

You need a UseNet account(only one very limited free option available) and a Torrent client anyway. 

For me it is more convenient to utilise a Seedbox. That way I don't even need to download the content, as I can choose to stream via multiple devices from TVs to mobile telephones and Tablets.

No need to install any software at all and no need to download the file before playing it, unless you want to do so.

No need to leave your device on so that you can download/upload media. That is so last decade.

I can travel anywhere with an Internet connection to have to all the media I can consume.

To do the same, an individual would have to set up a remote connection to their NAS.

Seedbox waaay more convenient. My devices never being used as nodes for uploading content. So also no need for VPNs

19 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

You need a UseNet account(only one very limited free option available) and a Torrent client anyway. 

For me it is more convenient to utilise a Seedbox. That way I don't even need to download the content, as I can choose to stream via multiple devices from TVs to mobile telephones and Tablets.

No need to install any software at all and no need to download the file before playing it, unless you want to do so.

No need to leave your device on so that you can download/upload media. That is so last decade.

I can travel anywhere with an Internet connection to have to all the media I can consume.

To do the same, an individual would have to set up a remote connection to their NAS.

Seedbox waaay more convenient. My devices never being used as nodes for uploading content. So also no need for VPNs

Usenet for what?

I also have 1TB of seedbox, cheap as chips these days. If you run PVR software on your seedbox, you still need to install apps, it’s all automatic, your seedbox provider maintains it.

Everyone is an individual, I don’t mind leaving my homeserver on, currently at about 45TB, runs my home automation / management system, surveillance, PVR media system. I can travel the world too and view anywhere and view my content too. 

I don’t get you, why wouldn’t you use your devices for sharing content?

Horses for courses. 

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

Usenet for what?

I also have 1TB of seedbox, cheap as chips these days. If you run PVR software on your seedbox, you still need to install apps, it’s all automatic, your seedbox provider maintains it.

Everyone is an individual, I don’t mind leaving my homeserver on, currently at about 45TB, runs my home automation / management system, surveillance, PVR media system. I can travel the world too and view anywhere and view my content too. 

I don’t get you, why wouldn’t you use your devices for sharing content?

Horses for courses. 

As stated on the description for the PVR software that you mentioned. UseNet account and Torrent Client. 

Nope, I don't need to install any Apps and it's only you writing about PVR scripts.

Very impressed by your 'homeserver', but what has that to do with the OP or the topic?

Do you think the OP has one of those? Do you think the OP wants to be using his Internet connection to upload media? He asked about downloads.

Lastly, did you read his request?

So what use a PVR script?

The simple point is that I can do what I said I can do. View the media of my choice, without the need to download it firstly, anywhere in the world, without the need for a costly and complicated home server.

No need to install any applications or software, no need to expose my IP address to one and all and no need to even have my devices on at all other then when choosing the media.

I can also link Kodi to my Seedbox Media folder and use that with an Android box or mobile phone or TV or...

In other words; useful for the average user. You can view your media anywhere you go without having to set up a remote server.

I can also configure NAS if I actually want to store anything remotely. But that isn't covered by the topic title here.

Not everywhere will have a superfast connection and some people here are working off a mobile 10 Mbps connection. Torrenting and trying to do other things at the same time is going to affect your experience.

So better to outsource the heavy lifting and storage and to use your devices and Internet connection for viewing; rather than uploading and downloading and storage. Try readying a selection of movies on a 10 Mbps connection. It will take hours, block your connection and slow your device down.

Using a Seedbox, they can be ready in seconds and will have no effect on my connection and the user experience on my devices.

Generally I will watch something and then discard it. No need for 45 TB of storage.

So hopefully you 'get me' now.

Horses for courses as you wrote. It's not about right or wrong; but what suits. I travel, so need a simple and convenient solution. 

Though of course your search facility post is totally on-topic.

I was just highlighting  that you can set up software to search the whole internet to get whatever you want without going near a torrent site. When another user said the extension was Interesting but had issues, i mentioned some other ways you can use. You can use the software to search for movies, old tv, music, and books via torrents not Usenet.

I’m still lost why you are talking about Usenet, your seedbox and what this “readying a movie”? But please don’t waste your time replying.

22 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

What is wrong with watching on a TV? You make it sound as if there is a downside.

Possibly you meant that you don't watch anything on live TV and that you don't have a TV. But it is definitely better to view series and films on a TV than on a relatively small laptop screen.

I can stream MP4 media directly from TV and download and play everything else via USB. 

I don't have a TV and don't watch live TV.    Even when I was working here I was upcountry much of the time, or traveling from Bangkok to various farms, often late back in the evenings.     Now retired I find I am still busy from around 5am to 7pm.

I only watch for 1 or 2 hours a day, i can place the laptop at the end of the bed if tired.
Rarely watch films, mainly TV series.

28 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

I don't have a TV and don't watch live TV.    Even when I was working here I was upcountry much of the time, or traveling from Bangkok to various farms, often late back in the evenings.     Now retired I find I am still busy from around 5am to 7pm.

I only watch for 1 or 2 hours a day, i can place the laptop at the end of the bed if tired.
Rarely watch films, mainly TV series.

So I guessed correctly. 

I have a TV; so use that for viewing as opposed to the laptop. Though to be fair I rarely watch anything these days.