Chiang Mai gyms/fitness centers still closed -- why?

Trujillo

Our gyms in Chon Buri Province are also still closed.  The lady that runs our gym says that it will be at least another month before they get the all clear to open.  Goodness only knows why this is so, it  makes no sense, as around here the restaurants , fresh food markets, supermarkets and coffee shops are all operating normally.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The inability to manage case by case scenarios...fall victim by laziness through stereotyping that gyms are venue spreaders...

put number restrictions by Square footage as they are much safer than what they have out there now with food courts shopping malls and  covered fresh food markets crowded with people with zero controls in place 

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Like 1

The CDC link talks about some cases surrounding a facility in the US, but there is no evidence given that the infection was actually acquired there, only that they were at the same place during various stages (apparently) of infection (or not being infected). 

My fitness center closed for 2 full weeks after one person tested positive who had been in the facility -- no one said this person was infected there and there were no subsequent positives associated with the place. 

Edited by Trujillo
  • Like 1

I remember last year after the lockdown and as they were easing  restrictions, I think it was Anuitin but I could be wrong, said that live bands were allowed but needed to wear masks and music had to be calming (cant remember exact word) as normal music could cause people to have secretions and spread the virus. If you didn't see these things written you would just not believe anyone could say such things.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, Phillip9 said:

Maybe they have read some of the CDC reports on covid in gyms, so they realize gyms are quite high risk.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7009e2.htm

What is really interesting (IMO) going to the CDC website and looking up "deaths, all causes \,USA [for the last 20 years/2000  -per 100K people It's extremely odd that this data has changed very little in 20 years...so any reasonable conclusion would be that "pandemic" is the wrong terminology, for the minuscule situation. Most people suffer no ill effects, otherwise 'deaths per 100 thousand would be very high.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

What is really interesting (IMO) going to the CDC website and looking up "deaths, all causes \,USA [for the last 20 years/2000  -per 100K people It's extremely odd that this data has changed very little in 20 years...so any reasonable conclusion would be that "pandemic" is the wrong terminology, for the minuscule situation. Most people suffer no ill effects, otherwise 'deaths per 100 thousand would be very high.

Found this morning:   https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/06/03/why-axios-is-nixing-their-weekly-covid-map-n2590437

Edited by pizzachang

17 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I remember last year after the lockdown and as they were easing  restrictions, I think it was Anuitin but I could be wrong, said that live bands were allowed but needed to wear masks and music had to be calming (cant remember exact word) as normal music could cause people to have secretions and spread the virus. If you didn't see these things written you would just not believe anyone could say such things.

Singing with a mask on???? They would sound even worse than Peltin Elton.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Singing with a mask on???? They would sound even worse than Peltin Elton.

Thats what they said, I remember it well. More amusing was the type of music to be played so that it would not cause people to  have "secretions".

• Haha 1

The list of closed places from 9th June are as follows.

·        Entertainment businesses and wet massages

·        cinemas

·        Snooker / Billiards / Bowling

·        Game shops / Internet cafes

·        Gyms / Fitness

·        Tattoo places

·        Dance schools

Pools are Open

june9195274885_4215160541863477_5137350597126202611_n.jpg

• Like 1