Everton FC

R U MAN U U

5 hours ago, champers said:

He must regret ever going there. I would expect some of the better players will be looking to see how they can follow him out of the door. 

They'll be feeling it the fans, massive crossroads for the owners this...

On 6/2/2021 at 11:28 AM, champers said:

He must regret ever going there. I would expect some of the better players will be looking to see how they can follow him out of the door. 

Why? It obviously kept him occupied for a nice salary, and as soon as a big job came along he was next cab off the rank.....

Like many lines of work, it can look better to be in a job rather than playing golf or sat around at home 

On 6/5/2021 at 12:59 AM, RickG16 said:

Why? It obviously kept him occupied for a nice salary, and as soon as a big job came along he was next cab off the rank.....

Like many lines of work, it can look better to be in a job rather than playing golf or sat around at home 

Imagine being James.....convinced to leave Madrid only for Carlos to <deleted> off the other way 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

You would think Ancelotti would have had his fill of that crying baby.

Of the 2 Everton strikers I would have picked Dominic Calvert Lewin but maybe Richarlison is more suited to playing in Spain. There are a couple of experienced Brazilians there to help guide him.

36 minutes ago, champers said:

Of the 2 Everton strikers I would have picked Dominic Calvert Lewin but maybe Richarlison is more suited to playing in Spain. There are a couple of experienced Brazilians there to help guide him.

He's a talent to be sure but his immaturity is so clear. Maybe the older Brazilians would help, but it looks like a lot of help is needed.

• 3 weeks later...

So Rafa takes over the Trickies. Next season could be interesting. They have an easy start but that could be a double-edged sword. If things don't go well early doors, their 'fans' will soon turn on him!

When Rafa won the Champs Lge at Liverpool Man Utd were managed by Fergie, Arsenal by Wenger, Chelsea by Mourinho and Big Sam was leading Bolton into Europe. Man City and Spurs were mid-table nonentities.

Time has moved on and Benitez's time has been and gone. Great move for him, close to home and at a club that will give him plenty to spend. Before the financial crash of 2007/08 he spent a lot at Liverpool and wasted a lot of it too.

He won't last more than a season. Everton would be well served hanging on to all the other candidates' CVs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 12:21 AM, wilai said:

So Rafa takes over the Trickies. Next season could be interesting. They have an easy start but that could be a double-edged sword. If things don't go well early doors, their 'fans' will soon turn on him!

I'm not offended by this appointment, and I think he will do well for them. 

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Comes down to results. If he starts winning games he will bring the fanbase around. 

He did well at Newcastle with no investment. He knows how to work with what he has. He knows how to get a team organised and tight. He has some decent fire power at The Ev, Brazil's striker up front.

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He did well at Newcastle with no investment. He knows how to work with what he has. He knows how to get a team organised and tight. He has some decent fire power at The Ev, Brazil's striker up front.

Think he needs to beef up creativity, especially on the right as he is known to dislike Rodriguez. Digne and Richarlison may miss the start as well (injury? and Olympics respectively) so I can see him in defensive mode initially.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 1:52 PM, wilai said:

Some nasty rumours being spread on #twatter about Sigurdsson..........still, he is innocent until proven Gylfi! ????......sorry!

If these rumours turn out to be false, that is some next level horrendous mongering 

On 7/13/2021 at 2:31 PM, BangrakBob said:

The much maligned Steve 'Stevie' big nose Bruce did better!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

The much maligned Steve 'Stevie' big nose Bruce did better!

Besides Rafa getting them promoted to the top tier I think the difference is negligible. That said Bruce came in to a much tougher gig considering his own Manc & Mackem history and having to follow Rafa .

Edited by BangrakBob

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Besides Rafa getting them promoted to the top tier I think the difference is negligible. The said Bruce came in to a much tougher gig considering his own Manc & Mackem history and having to follow Rafa .

Yep, but regardless, the point is Benitez was hailed as a genius and the second coming by the Toon faithful, and the much maligned wonky nosed Bruce did at least as good. 

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Mac said:

Yep, but regardless, the point is Benitez was hailed as a genius and the second coming by the Toon faithful, and the much maligned wonky nosed Bruce did at least as good. 

Yeah agreed.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, wilai said:

Some nasty rumours being spread on #twatter about Sigurdsson..........still, he is innocent until proven Gylfi! ????......sorry!

Could have legs this one. No name given but Media reporting that an International Premiership player has been locked up! The age of the player fits Sigurdsson.