Is there a current quarantine requirement for people coming to Chiang Mai from Bangkok?

Trujillo

Actually, just called Vietjet Air, and they contacted whoever they touch base with in the government and said NO quarantine needed from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. 

But check the day before you fly as things can be fluid. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Actually, just called Vietjet Air, and they contacted whoever they touch base with in the government and said NO quarantine needed from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. 

But check the day before you fly as things can be fluid. 

Could one , in "theory" fly from USA to Bkk to Cm if vaccinated and has clean bill of health-covid?

Trying to bypass the Phuket "plan"..Id even ASQ for a week in cm if needed and just get it over with

6 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Could one , in "theory" fly from USA to Bkk to Cm if vaccinated and has clean bill of health-covid?

Trying to bypass the Phuket "plan"..Id even ASQ for a week in cm if needed and just get it over with

Absolutely not. 15 nights ASQ required until further notice.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

If I escaped Phuket "Hunger Games" Island I could then fly to CNX and be a free farang??

In January the ASQ completion certificate was required to travel to CM, or else another 14 day home detention in CM was required. Health officials were at CNX arrivals checking, and there exists a CM health app that had to be downloaded and completed. You may be able to "escape" but a certificate may be required to board a domestic flight or travel anywhere.

My condo in CM required the certification just to use my own property.

I did BKK in January and will be returning to BKK in two weeks. I was looking forward to the 7x24hr stint but that was abolished, for no good reason, thanks to the April wave. I would prefer to do ALQ in CM but it never really happened other than that group of Korean golf ALQ as reported , but there were not many details.  

If you want to come to Thailand in 2021, get ready to jump thru hoops!

Our question should be if you do the sandbox in Phuket for 7, or ASQ 14x24 in BKK can you come to Chiang Mai at all without enduring another 14 day homestay??

Edited by Captain Monday

4 hours ago, Fromas said:

So this would suggest those falling outside of the categories don't need to self-quarantine? For myself for example, I'm planning a 3 day business trip there so obviously quarantining at home is not an option. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SS1 said:

So this would suggest those falling outside of the categories don't need to self-quarantine? For myself for example, I'm planning a 3 day business trip there so obviously quarantining at home is not an option. 

So you are classed as a short term business traveler according to this official notice. You are allowed subject to 'Control For Observation', whatever that means!

• Thanks 1

If you drive, there are no checkpoints or ways to monitor where you are.

Trains or buses not sure probably the app before or after you arrive.

The flights like others have said they make you put that app when you get off the plane and say 14 day home quarantine.  You will get a message on your phone confirming this.

On this, I have never heard of them coming to a residence and actually checking. But, who knows.

On the big picture seems the responsible thing to do coming from infection central Bangkok is to get a test before you come.   

Edited by bkk6060
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

If you drive, there are no checkpoints or ways to monitor where you are.

Trains or buses not sure probably the app before or after you arrive.

The flights like others have said they make you put that app when you get off the plane and say 14 day home quarantine.

On this, I have never heard of them coming to a residence and actually checking. But, who knows.

On the big picture seems the responsible thing to do coming from infection central Bangkok is to get a test before you come.   

A friend of mine returned to CM from Ubon which was a dark red at the time. Forms filled and told to self quarantine at home. No one checked with by app, phone call, message or visit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

As per official instructions - Yes
In reality - No 

There is no enforcement.  Drive Highway 11 north on a Friday or Saturday and count how many "Red Zone" Bangkok plates there are on the road.  Then check with CM Chana to find out how many have "checked in."

If they wanted to enforce quarantines they'd have to place road blocks on the major highways.  They choose not to do that, so implicitly that are giving Red Zone visitors a free pass.  Which is exactly why we are in this exact situation in the first place.  The government is not serious about stopping the spread except on paper.

Not many people would want to self-quarantine for 14 days, just like most Thai people don't follow traffic rules.

They really should lockdown Bangkok before it gets worse.

Edited by EricTh

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Not many people would want to self-quarantine for 14 days, just like most Thai people don't follow traffic rules.

They really should lockdown Bangkok before it gets worse.

Bangkok is already pretty much locked down... Everywhere is completely dead. 

The hotspots seem to be the markets... and they cannot be closed, people still need to buy food. 

The only viable solution is to get those in the hotspots vaccinated as soon as possible. 

23 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

In January the ASQ completion certificate was required to travel to CM, or else another 14 day home detention in CM was required. Health officials were at CNX arrivals checking, and there exists a CM health app that had to be downloaded and completed. You may be able to "escape" but a certificate may be required to board a domestic flight or travel anywhere.

My condo in CM required the certification just to use my own property.

I did BKK in January and will be returning to BKK in two weeks. I was looking forward to the 7x24hr stint but that was abolished, for no good reason, thanks to the April wave. I would prefer to do ALQ in CM but it never really happened other than that group of Korean golf ALQ as reported , but there were not many details.  

If you want to come to Thailand in 2021, get ready to jump thru hoops!

Our question should be if you do the sandbox in Phuket for 7, or ASQ 14x24 in BKK can you come to Chiang Mai at all without enduring another 14 day homestay??

Ive done a 365+ ASQ here in the states thanks to a stable genius-----a 14 days would be a cake walk

News came out today confirming the Phuket Gov is considering a 14 day stay there before outer travel..sounds like a money grab to me...whats the point of even getting vaccinated there anymore...

Phuket sounds like a disaster by the day as ive lived long enough in LOS to know how thais flip flop

9 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Ive done a 365+ ASQ here in the states thanks to a stable genius-----a 14 days would be a cake walk

News came out today confirming the Phuket Gov is considering a 14 day stay there before outer travel..sounds like a money grab to me...whats the point of even getting vaccinated there anymore...

Phuket sounds like a disaster by the day as ive lived long enough in LOS to know how thais flip flop

Travelers going to Phuket sandbox July 1 + should keep mind open and plans flexible.

Those assuming it will occur as advertised have their speaker wires crossed, I don't need another blown subwoofer. 

A Quarantine , A lockdown and a Stay At Home Notice are three different things..  i completed Quarantine in February and experienced a lockdown in 2020.  I would prefer a lockdown over an actual quarantine.  15 days(even in a nice hotel room) gets tough after a few days.  I came back to CNX in early March and travelers could not leave the baggage claims area until they had downloaded the CM Chana app.  Do not know if it it still required but I will find when(or if) I return after my vaccine trip.  

23 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Travelers going to Phuket sandbox July 1 + should keep mind open and plans flexible.

Those assuming it will occur as advertised have their speaker wires crossed, I don't need another blown subwoofer. 

All the blown subwoofers are being used at Big C for the pretties to shout snail white pro-mo-shunnns....Biiiig Ceeeeee..Suuu--paaaah--cennnn--taaaah (distortion)

23 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

"Cakewalk". Please give it a try.  I did and it was not a cakewalk.  Especially considering it was costing me $100 per day. Also, it was 15 days because when you check-in it is considered Day Zero. 

As noted since coming home in march 2020 I have been inside in one room studio only going out one day a week to get food....450 days vs 14-15 days=cakewalk

everyone has different comfort levels--I even spent a month during covid living in my car...which ive done many times.....to save money to travel, before you ask

As noted since coming home in march 2020 I have been inside in one room studio only going out one day a week to get food....450 days vs 14-15 days=cakewalk

You left one day a week by choice. You could got out even more.  In Quarantine you do not have a choice.  The other stressor was this:  Will I test negative on my next Covid Test?  If you test positive in Quarantine you go to the hospital and hope your insurance company will cover it???? So "a very different" animal.  

sticky, I did not ask you anything.  I just disagree with your presumption that Quarantine would d be a "cakewalk". Especially considering you had not completed Quarantine yet?  Or did you?  It is now even more difficult because when I did it was only 2 Covid 19 PCR tests.  It is now 3 PCR tests.  So a "cakewalk"?

I have never lived in a car so I cannot comment what that feels like. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Thanks 1

If you fly from Phuket to Chiang Mai, but need to stop over in BKK (Because there are no direct flights) does that count as "coming from" Chiang Mai, or from Bangkok, i.e. a dark red zone? 

Or is it a moot point due to the lack of any enforcement?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/6/2021 at 5:56 PM, ascendant said:

If you fly from Phuket to Chiang Mai, but need to stop over in BKK (Because there are no direct flights) does that count as "coming from" Chiang Mai, or from Bangkok, i.e. a dark red zone? 

stopover then you are coming from BKK but if you just transit in BKK then you are coming from Phuket

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

How about a visit from Chonburi to Chiang Mai via flight from BKK? Ar the hotels even accepting guests in Chiang Mai?

Sure, you can check in many hotels open.

You will have that app on your phone if you come via the airport.

• Thanks 1