7-eleven chicken tikka masala

Surely you're joking? I've never met a Thai who wants to even try Indian food. Let's see a photo please.

EDIT: sorry I just saw it online. Now need to find an excuse to go to Bangkok.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I agree but it's pretty difficult to avoid that rubbery texture with microwaved chicken breast.

I stopped buying chicken breasts,  the texture is very  dense (cannot think of better way to describe it )

they are growing the chickens much too fast,  the legs cannot hold the body up in lot of cases, so i just

buy filets.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Will have a look, does it come with rice, and is it sold nationwide?

Has anyone seen the cheesecakes they do now for 35 baht? Red, purple and yellow toppings, crispy base? They are the real deal, very nice indeed,. In some hi-so bakery they would cost 100bt up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Has anyone seen the cheesecakes they do now for 35 baht? Red, purple and yellow toppings, crispy base? They are the real deal, very nice indeed,. In some hi-so bakery they would cost 100bt up.

Yes the lemon cheesecakes are good with a cup of coffee in the morning.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

shaped like a triangle with strawberry toppings ?

yes they are good value

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scammed said:

shaped like a triangle with strawberry toppings ?

yes they are good value

I like 'em also... the strawberry topped cheesecake one in particular... Not too big, but just enough to satisfy a bit of a sweet tooth craving after dinner.... at a crazy good price.

I believe their cheesecake slices have the traditional crushed graham cracker crust type base... At least, that's what it looks and tastes like. And the cheesecake part is more on the light and creamy side, vs the thick/heavy and cream cheesey varieties that are sometimes made.

BTW, there's also a sponge cake / pudding cup and a couple other Japanese style deserts they're stocking that are equally good... nice clean fresh taste, not overly sugary in the usual mode here.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Somehow I doubt that the tikka masala would ever be sold where I Iive. Whenever I cook a jalfrezi or vindaloo, my wife won't even come into the house. Seems very common amongst Thais to have an ingrained hatred of Indian food (and Indian men). If anyone could explain why this is the case, I'd love to know why.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Somehow I doubt that the tikka masala would ever be sold where I Iive. Whenever I cook a jalfrezi or vindaloo, my wife won't even come into the house. Seems very common amongst Thais to have an ingrained hatred of Indian food (and Indian men). If anyone could explain why this is the case, I'd love to know why.

They seem to be getting more broad-minded about Indian food in Bangkok, especially younger Thais.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I  found the chicken to be a bit rubbery, but it tastes OK

regards worgeordie

Same, it was a change from the usual flavours found in 7/11.  The staff in my nearest 7/11 always buy them all when they arrive.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I like 'em also... the strawberry topped cheesecake one in particular... Not too big, but just enough to satisfy a bit of a sweet tooth craving after dinner.... at a crazy good price.

I believe their cheesecake slices have the traditional crushed graham cracker crust type base... At least, that's what it looks and tastes like. And the cheesecake part is more on the light and creamy side, vs the thick/heavy and cream cheesey varieties that are sometimes made.

BTW, there's also a sponge cake / pudding cup and a couple other Japanese style deserts they're stocking that are equally good... nice clean fresh taste, not overly sugary in the usual mode here.

can you take a pic with your phone and reply to me so i can know what you refer to ?

8 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Unfortunately you don't get much for your 69 baht - only 270 grams. They need to start selling naan bread too.

Yeah too small to fill anyone up, that's the problem with these meals so people end up eating junk after