Energy usage calculation

Pink7

I have looked over my electric bill to calculate kvh and daily watt usage ( considering solar setup) I use 1000 kvh/month as i see on billing from our meter. I have a 18ooo btu aircon, pc, 55" screen, 2 large refrigerators running 24/7, then 900 btu aircon, 55" screen and lights ++ 25-50% time on. 1000 kvh/month should give a average usage of 1388 watt/hour. Much lower than i expected. Did i got a kind meter? 

Pink

15 minutes ago, Pink7 said:

I have looked over my electric bill to calculate kvh and daily watt usage ( considering solar setup) I use 1000 kvh/month as i see on billing from our meter. I have a 18ooo btu aircon, pc, 55" screen, 2 large refrigerators running 24/7, then 900 btu aircon, 55" screen and lights ++ 25-50% time on. 1000 kvh/month should give a average usage of 1388 watt/hour. Much lower than i expected. Did i got a kind meter? 

Well it looks as if you are confused as the billing is 

kWh and there is no kvh 

1000 kWh/month is not necessarily high for your usage but it's certainly not low.  Assuming that is from a recent billing?

If your aircons and refrigerators are old style you could probably reduce the energy by 30% or more going with "inverter".  But, in this heat not so much.

1 minute ago, Pink7 said:

Hi bankruatsteve, all is Inverter, i was surprised my usage was not higher.. But i guess inverter units doing the magic,

Pink

My AC and fridge (inverter) are pulling twice as much these days.  The AC doesn't stop going full bore until night time temperatures.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Our "real" usage corrected for the solar was:-

Jan 1239

Feb 1167

Mar 1207

Apr 1495

May 1870

Same equipment for the same hours every day, the only thing that changes is the weather.

13 hours ago, Crossy said:

Our "real" usage corrected for the solar was:-

Jan 1239

Feb 1167

Mar 1207

Apr 1495

May 1870

Same equipment for the same hours every day, the only thing that changes is the weather.

Thanks for the info..

Pink

Edited by Crossy
Fixed the quote.

Usage seems pretty normal. Our bill usually under 1000 KWH a month. Currently we run one air-conditioner 12,000 BTU for 18 hours a day, occasionally 2. Two fridge freezers, 2 shop display fridges, average of one washing machine for 12 hours a day (small laundrette), 3-4  16-18 inch fans, 2 TVs used about 12 hours a day, 2 computers, lots of lights (evening about 12 on average) 2 water pumps and various kitchen appliances.