My new Samsung air conditioner – How do I know when the compressor is running ?

I have had installed a new Samsung air conditioner unit in my bedroom. This is the first ever air conditioner unit I have owned.

The air conditioner compressor unit has been installed high up on an outside house wall well away from my bedroom window . When I’m laying in bed while the air conditioner unit is running I can just about hear the fan and feel the cold air flow and a digital display shows the bedroom temperature . But also while laying in bed I don't know if the outside compressor unit is running or not , ( and I don't really want to hear it ) It would be interesting to be able to know if and when the outside compressor unit is actually running , may be via the digital display . Is there a way to see  / know when the outside compressor unit is actually running .

I have looked through the operating booklet that came with the  Samsung air conditioner and cannot find any option to be able to see when the outside compressor unit is actually running. 

Any suggestions / advice / most welcome ????

https://www.samsung.com/th/air-conditioners/wall-mount/f-ar13tyhzcwkn/

????

15 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It’s almost certainly an inverter so the outside fan will be running when the inside unit is on. But it’s speed will vary. 

Yes...if you set the fan speed to automatic...the fan will kick into higher mode when compressor is running and run at a lower speed when not cooling. 

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The compressor will not cause the ribbon to move. Only the fan will do that.

That the fan will always run when the compressor is running is another matter. 

The fan will not always run when the compressor is running

• Like 1