Calories in Thai Beers.

Mason45

Hi all, as I've been told to reduce my weight I'm wondering which Thai beers have the lowest calories. Where I'm living right now they mainly sell Singha and Chang. My Beer and Archa are also available and both are 4.5%. What would that equate to in calories? Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If beer is your highest continuing daily calorie intake I think you have other issues that need addressing before your weight problems.

Its not my highest calorie intake, I'm just looking at eating and drinking habits where I can reduce weight. I'm also exercising regularly which I didn't do after I stopped playing football.

53 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If beer is your highest continuing daily calorie intake I think you have other issues that need addressing before your weight problems.

Calories that you drink (that includes juices and so on) are best eliminated as they are not needed. If one wants to lose weight its best to remove alcohol. As long as you got alcohol in your system you cant burn any far.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I've changed to drinking more straight whisky at home. Takes me the same amount of time to drink as a large beer but there's fewer calories and less swelling/bloatedness. When I do have a beer it tends to be tiger at 270kcal per large bottle, but that's because I can't get San Miguel light in my area at 210 kcal. Stay away from Leo that's got 330kcal per large bottle, and it tastes like ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

I've changed to drinking more straight whisky at home. Takes me the same amount of time to drink as a large beer but there's fewer calories and less swelling/bloatedness. When I do have a beer it tends to be tiger at 270kcal per large bottle, but that's because I can't get San Miguel light in my area at 210 kcal. Stay away from Leo that's got 330kcal per large bottle, and it tastes like ... 

are u trying to diet and justify beers?  lol/// so funny

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Calories that you drink (that includes juices and so on) are best eliminated as they are not needed. If one wants to lose weight its best to remove alcohol. As long as you got alcohol in your system you cant burn any far.

Guess Anthony never had any fat to burn in the first place

Iggy supposedly sober for years 

Unknown-1.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Guess Anthony never had any fat to burn in the first place

Iggy supposedly sober for years 

Unknown-1.jpeg

No idea can only tell the biology behind it

https://www.healthline.com/health/alcohol-and-weight-loss#alcohol-and-weight-loss

Alcohol is just one of the worst things for weight loss if you want to use a drug while losing weight do ICE ???? No hunger lots of energy. Just joking but alcohol really is not a good thing if your trying to get rid of fat.

Keto Diet (Low Carb) is great for rapid weight loss, but hard to stick to if you like candy and snacks.

However, after the first week or so you may lose your sugar/snack cravings.

This is also a great diet/lifestyle for people who have or are at risk of Type 2 Diabetes. There are many reports of people who were Diabetic and after adopting low carb diets were able to give up their meds!

You can drink spirits Whisky, Vodka, etc., and mix with Diet Coke, 7 UP free or other Zero sugar Sodas.

After the first couple of weeks you will be in Ketosis and if you really need a beer San Miguel Light is the best Low Carb option in Thailand (Approx 3g Carbs per small bottle or can).

But you have to be careful to count your carbs so go easy!

I lost 20Kg on this diet.

Good luck!

Edited by Mario666
  • Like 1

Switch to water with the flavorings like strawberry etc. way less calories and a bit better on your health.

Straight whiskey is also okay but still lots of sugar. Also the night time snacks are a lot of temptation

for a lot of us.

Geezer

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Straight whiskey is also okay but still lots of sugar. 

No.

There is barely any measurable sugar in whisky at all.

https://www.verywellfit.com/scotch-whisky-nutrition-facts-and-health-tips-4844515

Scotch Whiskey Nutrition Facts 

The following nutrition information is provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for one shot (42g or 1.5 ounces) of scotch whiskey.1

• Calories: 97
  • Fat: 0g
  • Sodium: 0.42mg
  • Carbohydrates: 0g
  • Fiber: 0g
  • Sugars: 0g
  • Protein: 0g
  • Alcohol: 14g

* This also applies to US bourbon whiskies as well, by the way:

https://www.nutritionix.com/food/bourbon

Edited by partington
  • Like 2

On 6/4/2021 at 7:39 AM, clivebaxter said:

Cut out rice, pasta, spuds and bread and don't worry about the beer

Many years ago a crazy friend of mine went on a beer diet for a month. Got good and pi**ed most days and really lost a lot of weight but was white as a sheet all through, and was pretty ill by the end. ????

I put quite a bit of weight a few years ago when my wife was pregnant. She use to share a bottle of wine with me but during pregnancy she stopped (for obvious reasons). I (in turn) then went from drinking half a bottle a night to a full bottle. A friend told me if I switch to vodka/soda with lime I would drop the weight as that had no calories. I actually put on more weight doing this.

Then a dietitian told me that after the age of about 35, men convert alcohol to oestrogen which is stored in the gut.

Don't know how true this is, but what I do know is that whenever I have breaks from drinking I shed weight really fast.

• 2 months later...

San Miguel Light has the lowest carb content, and Carlsberg if you can get it.

Otherwise drink spirits which are negligible in carbs.

The % alcohol content has nothing to do with calories or carbs relative to the beers.

Watch out for 'hidden carb' content, like in sauces or dips, and in vegetables and fruit which most people on a diet assume are healthy.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:56 PM, RichardColeman said:

If you are serious about this drink only water for a month. The result will surprise you.