Thailand to buy 25 million doses of Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer vaccines in June

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, internationalism said:

whatever, they were officially quoted, so I take them.

what are your "true" figures?

I saw numbers around 4000b for 2 Moderna shots in stories posted here and elsewhere.  You are saying 4000b for one Moderna and 7500b for one Pfizer.  Once again, where are you getting your numbers from?

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Now they are at least talking about nearly every possible vaccine that could eventually be available in the future. Better than saying that they will never ever be available.

But can please someone enlighten me why MODERNA is always excluded ? This would be my first choice given all I read in the European press about the other possibilities.

Lack of availability would be my guess.  Supply of that vaccine in the west is still limited.  They keep talking about ramping up but I don't see it where it counts, in the form of increased deliveries.  BioNtech/Pfizer on the other hand are really starting to crank them out now with more factories coming online and more and more deliveries each month.

AstraZeneca/J&J seem to be falling off the map.  They still don't seem to be able to ramp up and nobody in the west want's their vaccine anymore.  So not sure what is going on with them.  You would think that with lack of demand in the west you would see more of those elsewhere but they still don't seem to be able to make very many of them.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Will it come with nurses to inject the vaccine as an added extra since Thailand has hit a wall with limited folks who are trained.

and do they also come with adequate numbers of syringes or is it going to be 1 vial (10 or 2 doses) and one syringe

• Like 1

The Pfizer will likely only be for youngsters. The J and J is ok I guess- better than nothing- one shot too (although quite how they swung that I don't know).  One benefit of the JJ is that appears to be pretty good with all variants.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, moogradod said:

Now they are at least talking about nearly every possible vaccine that could eventually be available in the future. Better than saying that they will never ever be available.

But can please someone enlighten me why MODERNA is always excluded ? This would be my first choice given all I read in the European press about the other possibilities.

well where I live you can't even get Moderna or JJ you have no option which one to choose if you under 50 you can have Phizer over 50 only AZ and I live in the west

• Like 2