Phuket Sandbox Updates

1 minute ago, polpott said:

I will be entering with a re-entry permit, not a tourist visa. Immigration does not classify me as a tourist.

Immigration classes you as a Non Immigrant that entered temporarily then extends that temporary permission of stay.

Foreigners and Thais alike are currently subject to quarantine when entering Thailand by land, sea or air.

@Tanoshi

For the full discoverable list please refer to ASQ.in.th (~215 results)
https://asq.in.th/phuket-sandbox-hotels

For the full actual list of all SHA+ approvals in Phuket you can go here  (~215 hotels, 78 non-hotels)
https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?type=shaplus-SHA+Plus++&province=83-Phuket&keyword=

To search Agoda for SHA+ in Phuket you can do this (~190 results)
https://www.agoda.com/partners/partnersearch.aspx?pcs=1&cid=1895727&city=16056&hotelName=SHA Plus

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have stated this few times already.

Unless you have clear update regarding Phuket sandbox that clearly states folk on extensions or new non O cannot be included in the sandbox plan then what's the point of your posts.

See my post from 3 hours ago.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Immigration classes you as a Non Immigrant that entered temporarily then extends that temporary permission of stay.

Foreigners and Thais alike are currently subject to quarantine when entering Thailand by land, sea or air.

Those entering on tourist visas can use the Phuket sandbox scheme. Others cannot.

6 minutes ago, polpott said:

See my post from 3 hours ago.

I actually went and found it. Expected a link or some such. Nothing. Just your opinion. I'm out. 

In any event if that is the case, get over it and do quarantine in Bangkok or wait untill quarantine rules are relaxed.

• Like 2

Those entering on tourist visas can use the Phuket sandbox scheme. Others cannot.

Link to that information please.

The conditions for entering on the Sandbox scheme haven't even been confirmed yet.

If you are correct, then that would mean an existing expat currently overseas, but owning a Condo in Phuket, with an extension and re-entry permit wouldn't be allowed to enter Phuket and return to his registered place of residence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I actually went and found it. Expected a link or some such. Nothing. Just your opinion. I'm out. 

In any event if that is the case, get over it and do quarantine in Bangkok or wait untill quarantine rules are relaxed.

Not my opinion, link to Pattaya News.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Link to that information please.

The conditions for entering on the Sandbox scheme haven't even been confirmed yet.

If you are correct, then that would mean an existing expat currently overseas, but owning a Condo in Phuket, with an extension and re-entry permit wouldn't be allowed to enter Phuket and return to his registered place of residence.

Correct. needs to do 15 days quarantine in an ASQ hotel.

Not my opinion, link to Pattaya News.

Oh the paper that outlined 'Pattaya move forward' .

Keep fears to yourself and wait for definitive release and finally believe it when it's in gazette.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Oh the paper that outlined 'Pattaya move forward' .

Keep fears to yourself and wait for definitive release and finally believe it when it's in gazette.

Sorry, didn't realise that you owned this forum. In the absence of that, don't tell me what to post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, polpott said:

Sorry, didn't realise that you owned this forum. In the absence of that, don't tell me what to post.

Just post an official link when making statements with such authority. It's embarrassing.

• Like 1

woo-hoo, this regarding alcohol sales by Richard Barrow just now on Facebook regarding alcohol sales 

now I'm excited about my July return. 

"But for the yellow & green zones, it says they can open and sell items as normal. This includes restaurants in Phuket." 

13 minutes ago, madmen said:

"But for the yellow & green zones, it says they can open and sell items as normal. This includes restaurants in Phuket." 

Only as yet, there are no yellow or green zones that I can find.

On 6/5/2021 at 1:04 AM, jackdd said:

So you could just book a SHA hotel for 14 days, check in there in your first day, and then you can spend your days and nights where you want?

Or do you have to report back at the hotel every day?

Hotel will report to the authorities about you and your health every day.

On 6/5/2021 at 9:48 AM, Daithi85 said:

If u don't  like it don't  go, pretty  simple solution.????????

Yes, that's what most tourist will do: not going to Phuket.

Edited by Espanol

On 6/5/2021 at 10:24 AM, Andy1961 said:

I have both my vaccinations, would have a PCR test before I leave UK, have another test when I arrive and another test on day 5.  Yet the Thai government have now decided that still doesn’t prove I am COVID-free.  But there is no mention of any further tests on days 7-14.   So what does the extra 7 days achieve, apart from me spending more money in Phuket?  Even Boris Johnson couldn’t come up with this level of hogwash.

Yes, there is a 4th test on day 13th.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:26 AM, Phillip9 said:

The Russian sputnik is not WHO approved and it's not clear if it will be accepted yet.  It wasn't accepted a couple of months ago when they temporarily reduced quarantine for vaccinated people.

Russian sputnik is not accepted for entering Thailand yet. And Chinese tourist need to quarantine when travelling back home.

That means there will no be Chinese, Indian or Russian tourists this year in Thailand, what makes Phuket more attractive this year than ever: only western tourist this year. Same western tourist who have been blamed in past because Thailand preferred Chinese and Indian tourists.

I am pretty sure I read that BKK were dedicating a terminal just for transiting passengers.  I read this a week or 2 ago so things may have changed several times since but fingers crossed for those that need to fly this route.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

While I would not overstate the value of statements by actual Thai officials, I would certainly consider Pattaya News an even more dubious source. Once there are rules published in the Royal Gazette, there will be something firm on which to base discussions (though, even then, expect the rules to be ambiguous, open to multiple interpretations). At the current time, who will be eligible for the Phuket sandbox scheme, when it will go into force, and what foreigners who enter under the scheme will be free to do is, at best, an educated guess.

You said it best, I think people need to relax and wait until anything is confirmed instead of asking for daily updates and being answered with guesses. I understand it sucks for people who want to come back using this scheme and are still kept in the dark, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The most recent info I have read is that flights into Bkk and onward to Phuket would operate.

The only thing I have seen lately is a list of flights from outside the country directly to Phuket.

What kind of flight do you think they could transit to. It would certainly be a domestic flight. The only way it would possible would be transiting to another international flight and doing the entry procedures their.

16 hours ago, polpott said:

The 'Thaiger' has now made a similar report.

They state ''More paperwork and impediments have been added to the Sandbox inbound process by the Government including the need for Covid Insurance ($100,000) and to wear a wristband tracking device. The Government also saying Thais, expats and diplomats would be prevented from entering the Sandbox as a way of re-entering the Country''.

Thailand News Today | Private vaccines, PM promises to re-open Thailand, Phuket Sandbox | June 17 - YouTube Watch from 6.40mins in.

If confirmed, then the ASQ hotels won't be to disappointed.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Andy1961 said:

I am pretty sure I read that BKK were dedicating a terminal just for transiting passengers.  I read this a week or 2 ago so things may have changed several times since but fingers crossed for those that need to fly this route.

Yes I pretty sure that's what I was reading. However let's face it, the complete thing is guess work.

How could anyone be making sensible plans to travel to sandbox with these shifting sands. Now only couple weeks out from July 1. 

Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No mention of it in the article in the news after clicking the link to the original article.

No mention of $100,000 Covid Insurance either, but you can guarantee that will be a condition to get a COE for Sandbox entry.

• Like 1