Phuket Sandbox Updates

On 6/10/2021 at 2:37 AM, jackdd said:

I missed this part, I was referring to the part further down, under "Vaccines":

Pfizer is not on this list.

Mrs is from Thailand.

Over here in Ireland everybody is getting Pfizer jabs, so somebody in Thailand needs to wake up really quickly before there is nothing left for us over here to go back to.

19 minutes ago, Kammie said:

I called the Thai embassy in The Hague yesterday, they said the Phuket sandbox is not for people from the Netherlands!? WTH!

That could be false info since the embassy had not gotten any info about the sandbox yet since it was not approved by the cabinet until yesterday.

Just looked at their website and it has no info about it.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That could be false info since the embassy had not gotten any info about the sandbox yet since it was not approved by the cabinet until yesterday.

Just looked at their website and it has no info about it.

Still a little worried since I saw a list where it says the Netherlands is in the high risk countries group. 

SHA-BA system is supposedly going to be live on June 24th (we feel for the engineers ????).

Engineers is a strong word to describe any thai IT person.  Let's call them "poorly trained wordpress admins". No doubt this will be a security train wreck too..

Another wave of SHA Plus+ approvals today.

We now have listed 285 SHA Plus approved hotels in our directory

https://asq.in.th/phuket-sandbox-hotels

Hopefully we get another update regarding COE / SHABA.

Today they held a training session to help all the SHA Plus hotels learn how to use the SHABA system.

14 minutes ago, Andy1961 said:

I have booked to stay at the Centara Grand Resort from early August and they have today sent me the SHABA certificate with QR code.  Brilliant customer service from a lovely hotel.

Thank you for updating.

We have also seen many SHABA certificates issued today so it seems that this will not be an issue, so the last step is for the COE website to accept submission. ????????

5 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We have also seen many SHABA certificates issued today so it seems that this will not be an issue, so the last step is for the COE website to accept submission. 

Also for the embassies and official consulates that have to approve it have gotten the requirements.

• Like 1

Phuket has published regulations that must be followed by foreigners entering under the sandbox scheme. According to The Nation, the rules include

• The traveller must hold an insurance policy worth no less than US$100,000 which covers medical expenses for Covid-19 and other conditions during their entire stay in Thailand.

(emphasis is mine)

A comprehensive medical insurance policy is going to be far more expensive (especially for those who are older) than coverage only for Covid-19 related care.

• Like 1