UK TV

taximan1954

Hello to all, I am in ASQ at the moment , I have made my move now to live in Thailand  full time, Looking for suggestions on how to get uk tv for free or cheaply, I have tried to get BBC I player with Hola vpn free version but doesnt seem to work, Thanks for any suggestions,

25 minutes ago, taximan1954 said:

Thanks for any suggestions,

Everyone has different needs l'm happy enough getting news or more or less anything via our home "True" internet. 

And having internet my daughter has put Netflix on her account which is all I basically need. 

NOW TV is maybe your best bet, but its expensive and you need a good VPN.  39.99 pounds per month for a full service or 9.99 pounds for a one day pass. I pay the one day pass to get Sky F1 coverage. Frankly, there is absolutely nothing on UK TV, bar F1, that I want to watch. 

6 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

NOW TV is maybe your best bet, but its expensive and you need a good VPN.  39.99 pounds per month for a full service or 9.99 pounds for a one day pass. I pay the one day pass to get Sky F1 coverage. Frankly, there is absolutely nothing on UK TV, bar F1, that I want to watch. 

So at least 2 races a month that is 20 pounds to watch 2 races, while for considerably less you could have all UK and other countries for a full month, and no vpn needed.

Edited by Susco

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

So at least 2 races a month that is 20 pounds to watch 2 races, while for considerably less you could have all UK and other countries for a full month, and no vpn needed.

NOW TV requires a VPN connected to UK. As I'm not remotely  interested in any other TV programming, it works for me. It is also only for 9 months of the year, a full F1 season. 

24 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Everyone has different needs l'm happy enough getting news or more or less anything via our home "True" internet. 

And having internet my daughter has put Netflix on her account which is all I basically need. 

The poster was looking for help on getting BBCiplayer

57 minutes ago, South said:

I've been using Pulse TV for the last few years with no problems at all.

www.pulse-tv.net

I can recommend PulseTV as well.  Maybe not the cheapest, but reliable, user-friendly, with good online customer support.

I use TVMucho it's about £40 per year for 36 live UK channels. They used to have a 2 week catchup feature but now have been forced to use a Later recording feature, which means you have to program the recording in advance like in the old days, which is not ideal if you forget.

I got it for F1 on Channel4 but often watch the news channels such as the BBC, Sky and CNN

5 minutes ago, fishtank said:

After hours of trying to watch the cricket last night. Constant buffering.

I relented and subscribed to Pulse-Tv.

Expensive at 1000 Baht a month but works well.

&7 day catch-up.

PulseTV is great, but on my PulseTV I only have 24-hour catch up!  Has it been updated?

15 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

PulseTV is great, but on my PulseTV I only have 24-hour catch up!  Has it been updated?

James at support gave me the link to Pulse 2. New app that has 7 day catch-up on all channels.

I am using my own TV Box and not their one.

Contact support.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:27 AM, fishtank said:

Good but expensive.

Plenty of cheaper options out there.

Do a search for IPTV

But as with everything you get what you pay for, as was proven by yourself yesterday.

By the way, you can get better than Pulse for about half the price. PM if you want a trial

32 minutes ago, fishtank said:

After hours of trying to watch the cricket last night. Constant buffering.

I relented and subscribed to Pulse-Tv.

NordVPN works fine with BBC, ITV and CH4. If you check out any of the PC Mag reviews you should find a link to a discounted subscription of $59 for 1 year, $89 for 2 years.