Will rental villas be approved for stays for foreign tourists?

jplatts

I’ve seen the new rules for opening up tourism to Phuket from July 1st. Tests every 5 days would be a bit of a problem, but also staying in government approved accommodation. I’m hoping to head out in the New Year and of course there’s plenty of time for things to change, but is it expected that rental villas will be approved, or that the rules may be relaxed further to no longer require the government approval? From a COVID perspective, I would feel safer in a villa than in a hotel!

According to the jurisitic manager at my condo, currently only hotels/guest houses/hostels can get the required SHA+ certification. When applying for a COE, the traveler must provide proof of their accommodation and it must be a SHA+ location.

New Year's is a lifetime away and whatever rules you're reading about now will most certainly be different then. Check back in October. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

According to the jurisitic manager at my condo, currently only hotels/guest houses/hostels can get the required SHA+ certification. When applying for a COE, the traveler must provide proof of their accommodation and it must be a SHA+ location.

New Year's is a lifetime away and whatever rules you're reading about now will most certainly be different then. Check back in October. 

Nobody even knows if a CoE will be required.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 12:22 AM, pj123 said:

Could a tourist book a cheap SHA+ (9,800 for 14 nights) and also book for example an Airbnb villa for the same dates. Check-in to the SHA+ hotel but spend the whole two weeks at the villa?

Currently, the authorities claim that for C-19 control purposes, visitors can stay only at SHA+ hotels (70% of staff vaxxed), but not even at their own homes/condos. Makes no sense, as it would seem more safe for an owner to stay in his own home than at a hotel with other guests and potentially 30% unvaxxed staff. OTOH, as there is no quarantine, no evening curfew and no nightly bed checks by hotel, it appears you could book/pay for a hotel but stay somewhere else.  Let's face it, the only reason for extending the original 7 day stay to 14 days is to give money to the hotels, in any event.

6 hours ago, skytrooper70 said:

Currently, the authorities claim that for C-19 control purposes, visitors can stay only at SHA+ hotels (70% of staff vaxxed), but not even at their own homes/condos. Makes no sense, as it would seem more safe for an owner to stay in his own home than at a hotel with other guests and potentially 30% unvaxxed staff. OTOH, as there is no quarantine, no evening curfew and no nightly bed checks by hotel, it appears you could book/pay for a hotel but stay somewhere else.  Let's face it, the only reason for extending the original 7 day stay to 14 days is to give money to the hotels, in any event.

the whole point of the sandbox is to simulate $$$$$> SAFELY 
staying at ur own home does not fit that..

if ur in ur own home, ur not paying for a hotel, not eating out, not doing anything to help the economy.

• Like 1

I saw that Sleep With Me hotel near Jungceylon has a 14 day cancellable rate for two people of THB 7,700 including taxes and fees (no breakfast). There are several SHA+ hotels with rates at or below that rate. 

I'm in a similar position of owning my own condo but having to book an SHA+ hotel. I'm holding off doing that until the final rules (and wristband expectations) are announced.