Any discussion of reducing the number of days of quarantine for vaccinated travellers?

they are right now increasing phuket sandbox stay from 7 to 14 days, so not likely they will be shortening quarantine anytime soon.

TAT mentioned they would be evaluating phuket experience sometimes after 1 month, i.e. in July.

with backlog of vax in thailand I would not expect opening anytime soon

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

Seems like most intial spread is coming from prisons and imported labor, from what I've read. And wearing masks under the chin.

Vaccinated tourists who pass rtPCR tests are very low risk of transmitting anything approaching a dangerous inoculum. 

Has anybody learned what Cycle Threshold Thailand uses when they look at rtPCR results?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ding said:

Seems like most intial spread is coming from prisons and imported labor, from what I've read. And wearing masks under the chin.

Vaccinated tourists who pass rtPCR tests are very low risk of transmitting anything approaching a dangerous inoculum. 

Has anybody learned what Cycle Threshold Thailand uses when they look at rtPCR results?

Masks under the chin protect more like magic amulets, I think. Seems the only place you have to put the mask on properly is at those checkpoints where they might make you do push-ups if it isn't over both your mouth and nose. Otherwise, in some areas, 90% of people just stick it under their chin. 

• Haha 1

A couple of troll emoticon only posts have been removed, please understand this is a discussion forum and emoticons alone discuss nothing

• Like 2