Thailand ready to kick off mass vaccinations on June 7

24e76f58da1993b5b538a7fb97904b02_small.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Director-General of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) has given an assurance that everyone registered with Mor Prom and scheduled to receive a COVID-19 vaccination this June 7-9, will get their jab despite news from several hospitals of delivery delays.

DDC Director-General Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong stated that vaccinations in June will proceed as planned and more doses are being acquired. An allotment of 1.8 million doses from AstraZeneca has already been sent out for distribution across the nation, which combined with an initial 200,000 doses, means 2 million AstraZeneca doses are on their way to the provinces.

Citing another 1.5 million doses from Sinovac, Dr. Opas pointed out that 3.54 million doses of vaccine will be available to be administered on June 7, the government set launch date. Another 840,000 doses are scheduled for dispersal in the third week of June, followed the next week by another 2.58 million doses.

Overall, the DDC chief indicated, over six million doses will be available throughout the month of June in accordance with plans by the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) and the Ministry of Public Health.

Dr. Opas added that for the 6 million doses in June, the Prime Minister and CCSA, along with the Public Health Ministry, have agreed that each province must have both the Sinovac and AstraZeneca versions of the COVID-19 vaccine available, with doses fairly divided among each province’s population, which will include non-residents. More vaccines will be provided to provinces with severe outbreaks such as Bangkok and Petchaburi, while sites such as prisons with recent outbreaks will also receive targeted deliveries.

Specially targeted provinces such as border provinces, those with large labor populations and tourism destinations such as Phuket are also to be prioritized. So far, Phuket is 50 percent inoculated, making it the most vaccinated location in the country.

One million doses are to be provided directly to the Social Security Office this month for its use. Bangkok will receive another million doses and major universities in the capital will receive a combined 500,000, bringing the total available in the city in June, to 2.5 million.

nnt.jpg

Loey has received some 800 doses and are not going to proceed.

Some provinces received also very small quantities and are delaying till tuesday.

Pathumthani got 80k, with population 2mln. They had out brake in the large market (employing 5k workers) and another one in korean owned electronic company with some 4k infected.

Some few provinces started already trial yesterday

4 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

Here in Samui the vaccination site already has a sign up foreigners jabs to be delayed inedifinitely.

Sounds more like what I was expecting. My missus asked for me at the hospital where I am registered and they told her they don't know anything about vaccinating farang. I have my 6000 baht saved for when the private hospitals get the necessary supplies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Waiting to see if foreigners with Mor Prom appointments get their vaccinations, from what I have seen the government has not commented on us.

A number of international school teachers were vaccinated at the Mall Ngam Wong Wan yesterday. So there is some movement at the station...:)

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

New day, new AZ numbers.

Where did this "initial 200,000" doses come from?

Seems like the most doses they've administered in a single day is ~ 205,000 (3 June 2021).

With a supply of 3.5 MM doses it will be interesting to see what number they hit on Monday. 250,000? More? And if interest continues as there wil certainly be some reports of side-effects.

And, will be interesting to see what the dates are for the second doses: +16 weeks?

Last I saw, there were ~ 7 MM registered via Mor Prom. I understand that the dates associated with some of thsoe registrations stretches out into July.

This week will tell us a lot about the timeline going forward.

180K doses yesterday, so let's see. 

25 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

I phoned to make sure my appointment for tomorrow in Nakhon Sawan was still on target and was told Thai’s first - I will be contacted when foreigners will get vaccination!

So appointments mean squat..... bet they couldn't even give you an approximate expectation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

Here in Samui the vaccination site already has a sign up foreigners jabs to be delayed inedifinitely.

36 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

I phoned to make sure my appointment for tomorrow in Nakhon Sawan was still on target and was told Thai’s first - I will be contacted when foreigners will get vaccination!

My  Mor Prom 7th June 2pm appt was changed to 10th June and then yesterday delayed indefinetly. I put it down to being in a low risk province, but am now wondering, looking at the info from higher risk areas, if it's not Anutin getting his way and foreigners are being pushed to the back of the queue regardless of age or medical condition.

I will visit the hospital tomorrow AM to see if there are any people being vaccinated and report on Sheryl's thread.

• Like 1