American ex-pat in Pattaya suffers only minor injuries after reportedly crashing into parked car and flipping his own vehicle

Jonathan Fairfield

372511.jpeg

An American ex-pat driver suffered only minor injuries after he reportedly crashed into a parked car before overturning his own vehicle in Pattaya last night (June 4th).

The Pattaya City Police were notified of the accident at 11:00 P.M. on Soi Khao Phratamnuk 5, Nongprue.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find an overturned black sedan lying in the middle of the road.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/05/american-ex-pat-in-pattaya-suffers-only-minor-injuries-after-reportedly-crashing-into-parked-car-and-flipping-his-own-vehicle/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 2

Inattention to his driving or, was there Alcohol involved.  Why are cars always parked at the sides of roads when the road is designed for two way traffic, and when they park it narrows the roadway.  If there is a video maybe it shows another car going towards the ex-pats vehicle from the opposite side and, maybe the lights blinded him for a split second until he saw the parked car in front of his vehicle and had to swerve to avoid it but was unsuccessful.  A full story might be nice as it just leads to speculation on my part as to what may have occurred.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Inattention to his driving or, was there Alcohol involved.  Why are cars always parked at the sides of roads when the road is designed for two way traffic, and when they park it narrows the roadway.  If there is a video maybe it shows another car going towards the ex-pats vehicle from the opposite side and, maybe the lights blinded him for a split second until he saw the parked car in front of his vehicle and had to swerve to avoid it but was unsuccessful.  A full story might be nice as it just leads to speculation on my part as to what may have occurred.

That road does not look that narrow, should easily be able to park both sides and still have two way traffic.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

An American ex-pat driver suffered only minor injuries after he reportedly crashed into a parked car

It's amazing how this becomes a story.  I'm sure one day I'll be in the news.....googled and trolled for the rest of eternity...

Headline Story:   Ex-pat, shown here, walks off the sidewalk and almost steps into a puddle of water!!!

There must be 100 trillion tones of YaBa going up and down and across and over and under every day........i would rather read about them getting busted.

ex-pat crashes car, car flips over.  yea, flips over is a good picture.  i don't know, doesn't seem newsworthy.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe maybe maybe ......   looking for excuses to blame someone else. 

He flipped his car so he was driving to fast.

Or was he....maybe he had a Speed Racer button installed, like Speed did for his Mach 5 car to rise up and drive over the vehicle but then only one lift went up....

Image result for Mach 5 speed racer button functions

21 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

It's amazing how this becomes a story.  I'm sure one day I'll be in the news.....googled and trolled for the rest of eternity...

Headline Story:   Ex-pat, shown here, walks off the sidewalk and almost steps into a puddle of water!!!

There must be 100 trillion tones of YaBa going up and down and across and over and under every day........i would rather read about them getting busted.

ex-pat crashes car, car flips over.  yea, flips over is a good picture.  i don't know, doesn't seem newsworthy.   

Mine would read the same: Headline Story:   Ex-pat, shown here, walks off the sidewalk and almost steps into a puddle of water!!! except it would be because I was run off the sidewalk by either a moto taxi, Grab driver, or Food panda delivery bike and I dropped my phone in the puddle....wait yep that has occurred already...

28 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Does it matter ?

Of course not, no stories are important to know all the facts, but as Paul Harvey would say "Now the rest of the story" might be nice sometimes, or maybe not to a few....

1 minute ago, Crusader said:

Was on Thai TV news - stating the car was being driven a high speed.

God that makes me so angry..........innocents could easily have been killed or maimed yet "people" hardly seem concerned

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Local paper, local news

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe maybe maybe ......   looking for excuses to blame someone else. He flipped his car so he was driving too fast.

HE wasn't driving, it was HIS car going too fast