cost of electricity from PEA Buriram province

notrub

This may not be the correct forum but...  My electric charges are 2,000 or more every month.  We have a 1 1/2 HP pool pump running several hours every day and a well pump that runs very little.  We do not use AC very often and only watch tv for a short time in the evenings.  The 32" flat screen for this PC is on a lot but aside from the above and a few fans and LED lights we have very little usage.  Is this a normal cost?  I have friends nearby who pay about 1/2 what I do and they run AC all day and night.   A recent bill is attached.  Thanks for any comments.

electric bill 20210606_095519.jpg

The bill shown is from last October. The charge per unit is the same as most everywhere else. Looking at previous usage during the hot months, it appears that you might be running AC more than you realize. (?)  Or the pumps. Do you share electric with anybody? 

It is false economy to only put the AC on for short period. Best to leave it on all day, then when the room temperature is at what you set it, the unit should cycle on/off.

You mentioned the PC screen...that probably takes less juice than the actual PC.

To get an idea of your usage patterns maybe look at recording the meter readings on a daily basis. Then match the daily usage with equipment use. Maybe play around with stopping some equipment use for a day to see how the usage is affected and get an indication of usage / type of equipment. 

• Like 2

The PEA App has a 13 month history of your bills which might shed some light.

But as others have noted the last couple of months have been HOT, we use little A/C (only at night) and our consumption last month was double January consumption ???? 

EDIT looking at the history on your sample bill April and May last year were more than double September ???? 

Thank you very much.  If the price per unit is correct then I suppose we pay for what we use.  It is 2 or 2.5 thousand every month.  We were on construction rates for a while and that was a lot.  Interesting to look at the PEA billing history.  Last year, when I suppose we used AC during this same hot weather time the charges were over 4000 every month.  Thanks for that Crossy.  I just wanted to check if we got put into some kind of higher charging bracket by mistake.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply.  Kind Regards, notrub.