Thai airport taxi driver who stole from Aussie arrested after three years

webfact

"He was taken to the airport police and charged with stealing at an airport using a conveyance. "

"conveyance" - maybe you get more fines for using a baggage trolley to escape with a tourist luggage...

wait until e-scooters are allowed into the airport.....

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Why would he take the passport to the Embassy (and give his details). Surely a thief would just dump it, or try to sell it.

Either hoping for a reward, or covering his rear end to say "What money?''

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 12:09 PM, brianthainess said:

Either hoping for a reward, or covering his rear end to say "What money?''

Where does it say he gave his details to the OZ Embassy/ Maybe he just stopped at the security hut on the footpath gave a security guard the passport through the passengers door window and drove off? Did they record the rego. No; who knows?

• Like 1

Well, it seems the driver must have lived on the lam, not working for 3 years. Just imagine trying to do that on 100k Baht! Awesome... 

Even before getting caught, I think he managed to prove the adage that that crime does not pay (at least in this case not very well).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

Where does it say he gave his details to the OZ Embassy/ Maybe he just stopped at the security hut on the footpath gave a security guard the passport through the passengers door window and drove off? Did they record the rego. No; who knows?

It would all be recorded on their CTV.

• Like 1

good to hear that the police do follow on cold cases.

a friend of mine told me that he was robbed, few years ago, near the bangkok airport, when

he returned from a flight and took a taxi. the taxi suddenly took a turn to a dark alley, another man got inside , and they took all his belonging under threats of knives.

i did not ask him if he went to the police because it was abvious the police will not help.

maybe now i should ask.