Must I get 12 month insurance 43k. To re enter Thailand on retirement visa ? + Vaccine inUSA?

I have a Retirement Visa   ( best option as been here since November 2019) in past always got by with 60+30 day tourist visas      Now we final plan to return to Canada for 5months   we hope to return to Thailand  November and stay Only  5-6 months   ( then return same following year ect) Is there an option to purchase 6 months coverage?whilst using my Retirement visa  ? Should/ can   I apply for  alternative  visa ?      Perhaps blue cross or others co  offers similar products  that might cover my other travels too.   Will research those too.         Thank you for any positive suggestions.                   We are not vaccinated hopping to get vaccine enroute to Canada  at our stop overs in Chicago or Detroit.   Anyone aware of locations offering free/payed vaccinations?   

I'm assuming at some point you obtained a Non Imm O Visa, either from a Thai Embassy or from a local Immigration office. That permitted you to stay for 90 days and you then applied for a 1 year extension of stay (a permit, not a Visa) based on retirement, either 800K in a Thai bank account, or an Embassy Income letter, which extended your stay for 1 year.

It would assist if you can post a photo of the last stamp you received, to confirm.

It should state ''extension of stay permitted up to (date).

What is that date, then we can better advise on your plan to return to the US and regularly spend 5-6 months in Thailand each year.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

OP, you need to clarify your post.

Currently your on a 12 month extension originally had a 90 day non o (retirement)?

When is expiry of current permit. It's on the stamp in your passport.

You mention WE. Is that wife or.....Thai or,..

More detail required.

BTW definitely obtain jabs when your in Canada. Why have them in the US.

Edited by DrJack54

I also have a valid Non "O" regularly called and stamped as "retirement" expires late Autumn and am in the UK. 

If you are over 75 you won't be able to go back as no matter what headlines  "up to 99 years" state, insurance is not available. Try it!. All retirees and even tourists are effectively banished from Thailand. 

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

I also have a valid Non "O" regularly called and stamped as "retirement" expires late Autumn and am in the UK. 

If you are over 75 you won't be able to go back as no matter what headlines  "up to 99 years" state, insurance is not available. Try it!. All retirees and even tourists are effectively banished from Thailand. 

Sounds like you originally had a non O (retirement). That gives you a 90 day permission of stay. You at some point obtained a 12 month extension. Note you did not extend your non O. Visa cannot be extended.

I assume you have a reentry permit?

In any event when your current permission of stay ends you could enter visa exempt and obtain a non o at immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The only insurance needed is the $100k covid 19 insurance if you extended a non-o visa entry and you can get insurance up at the age of 99.

Look at this site. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_

Hello Joe. When I said no matter what headlines say I was referring to that site which a few people recommended. So I said "Try it" I've tried many and all price lists end at 75 years. 

I would love to be proven wrong or incompetent. 

This hasn't been an issue for 17 years. I've assets and 1 mio baht in the bank. I'm hoping that things will change. 

Thanks for replying. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

Hello Joe. When I said no matter what headlines say I was referring to that site which a few people recommended. So I said "Try it" I've tried many and all price lists end at 75 years. 

I would love to be proven wrong or incompetent. 

This hasn't been an issue for 17 years. I've assets and 1 mio baht in the bank. I'm hoping that things will change. 

Thanks for replying. 

It's after I fill in my age on the application form that "unable to offer a quote" pops up. 

4 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

It's after I fill in my age on the application form that "unable to offer a quote" pops up. 

Did you use the link I posted. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

It shows this on the first page.

image.png.d9106de739f4999a78a847aa1e4f482c.png

Then you click coverage and after selecting the required info it give you the cost. I used the UK and 30 days for this example.

image.png.1e1e80f83275a973c69aa6855871d0e4.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The only insurance needed is the $100k covid 19 insurance if you extended a non-o visa entry and you can get insurance up at the age of 99.

Look at this site. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Interesting website. I tested 2 scenarios, 180 days arriving in October 2021, country of origin Canada 12,160 baht, Taiwan 7,680 baht, both on non-o retirement. I wonder why Canadians have to pay 58% more than Taiwanese?

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

I've just completed the form stating my year of birth as 1945 (86 years old) and proceed up to printing the terms and conditions off and making payment by credit card.

Your obviously doing something wrong.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I too would like to return to Canada, and get vaccinated there this summer. My non-o retirement extension expires in January 2022. If I try to return to Thailand in October 2021, do I have to buy just for the period October 2021 to January 2022 or some other period? I would normally obtain a new extension of stay in January 2022 and stay until May 2022, returning again in autumn 2022.

12 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Interesting website. I tested 2 scenarios, 180 days arriving in October 2021, country of origin Canada 12,160 baht, Taiwan 7,680 baht, both on non-o retirement. I wonder why Canadians have to pay 58% more than Taiwanese?

The price is reflective of the risk factors depending on the Covid situation and management in each Country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

You need to purchase a single entry re-entry permit, 1,000 baht.

It will be dated to the expiry date of your extension, January 2022.

On re-entry you will be stamped in and permitted to stay again until the expiry date of your current extension (Jan 2022).

I already have a multiple re-entry permit. I was asking about the period of insurance that needs to be purchased. The question is :

If I try to return to Thailand in October 2021, do I have to buy just for the period October 2021 to January 2022 or some other period?

2 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

I already have a multiple re-entry permit. I was asking about the period of insurance that needs to be purchased. The question is :

If I try to return to Thailand in October 2021, do I have to buy just for the period October 2021 to January 2022 or some other period?

Re-read my above post.

I was editing as you posted your reply.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

When you complete the personal details page you should get a green circular tick box come up against every entry.

If all that is confirmed, then,

Beneficiary - select legal heir.

Additional Information - select, No, I do not wish to apply the Insurance premium for tax deduction.

Channel of Policy delivery - select email.

Check the accept terms and conditions policy > NEXT should illuminate red > click.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Look at this site. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

A mate of mine that goes in and out regularly tells me that the INPATIENT insurance is also required to re-enter Thailand.

He is on a retirement extension.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A mate of mine that goes in and out regularly tells me that the INPATIENT insurance is also required to re-enter Thailand.

He is on a retirement extension.

Did he originally have a Non Imm OA Visa?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you use the link I posted. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

It shows this on the first page.

image.png.d9106de739f4999a78a847aa1e4f482c.png

Then you click coverage and after selecting the required info it give you the cost. I used the UK and 30 days for this example.

image.png.1e1e80f83275a973c69aa6855871d0e4.png

Yes Joe. That's the site I was referring to up to 99 years means nothing. Viriyah for eg when asking for covid insurance ( my car insurer) has a price list only for 40000/400000 one maybe covid too but cuts off at only 70 years old. 

I

Tried Tune. AXA, Pacific Cross and others, all 75 age cut off but will try again. I have plenty of time and hoping for changes. 

13 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

Tried Tune. AXA, Pacific Cross and others, all 75 age cut off but will try again. I have plenty of time and hoping for changes. 

Try "covid19.tgia.org" . That is the website for the insurance you need.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
15 minutes ago, potless said:

Try "covid19.tgia.org" . That is the website for the insurance you need.

The link on that page takes you to page I posted the link to.

So it does. I wonder why the OP is having a problem. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, potless said:

So it does. I wonder why the OP is having a problem. Thanks.

I may be doing something wrong. If so apologies. I have no problem getting on the tgia site saying available up to 99 years. Nor Luma, viriyah Tune AXA, Pacific Cross etc., the problem crops up when I inserty age ver 80.then refused. Anyway not absulutely essential for a few months so I'll try later. If it interests anybody further try a fictitious application stating DOB in 1930s.

Many thanks to all posters. You're great. 

47 minutes ago, potless said:

When you are on the main page, it says "Buy now". When you click on that, another page comes up which asks for " Country of origin" "status" "date of arrival" and "period of coverage". Then the cost of the premium  appears. Then, when you click on NEXT, a popup appears with blurb about the 400k/40k inpatient outpatient insurance with a link to longstay insurance. Do NOT click on that link. Click "CLOSE" and it goes away. Then take it from there. Does that make a difference?

Thanks a lot for your attention potless. I get that form up OK. The problem crops up with various individual insurance companies who turn me down because of age. 

I don't need it urgently so I'll give it a rest for now. Thanks again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1