15 days in your hotel room

konaboy

I and my 11 year old son started the difficult journey from Hawaii  through the morass of documentation and expense to get to Thailand 10 days ago. 

We finally arrived at our Bangkok hotel and were tested and temperature taken twice a day.

Before leaving Hawaii I was informed we could spend 45 minutes a day at the "Relaxation area" by the roof pool. Even was shown a photo of this sublime place. This would occur after our second negative test on our sixth day. Well, that day came and I called the front desk to make arrangements to finally get some fresh air.

I was informed-"New Rule by Government"  We both must stay in room for all 15 days! OUCH!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Happened to me in my ASQ in Feb.  I was allowed out once then told that "due to new strain of virus in UK, (where I was from) confined to room for the duration"

Just the whim of Thai gov. pushing Farangs about to keep them in their place and make the welcome.  

Your hotel is only obeying instructions. No point in arguing with them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Another poor TVF poster with a victim complex.

The same rule applies to Thais doing their quarantine.  Sorry.  You can remove the chip from your shoulder now.

Just another poster that maybe could have avoided prison for 15 days by waiting a month maybe ? 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Why, what happens in a month?

Can you confirm that?

There is a strong probability that the Phuket Sandbox model will be approved next week: 

A 15 day stay at an open resort, can use the facilitys and can travel the local area rather than being restricted to single ASQ hotel room.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is a strong probability that the Phuket Sandbox model will be approved next week: 

A 15 day stay at an open resort, can use the facilitys and can travel the local area rather than being restricted to single ASQ hotel room.

Ok, once fully vaccinate i assume?

And then you can travel freely around thailand?

I was allowed "roof time" for an hour per day, although the pool was closed.  Roof time was basically an opportunity to go for a brisk walk, doing laps of the roof.  I walked for pretty much the full hour every day, and it made a big difference. 

It might depend on where you're doing your quarantine though.  Bangkok might be stricter than other places, as it's designated a "deep red zone".  (?)

But to answer your question: This is the first I've heard of zero roof time. Seems odd.

Edited by Senechal

On 6/7/2021 at 11:07 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Phuket knocked back to 9th July and from 7 to 14 days.. Nobody will touch it now

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 4:48 PM, madmen said:

Phuket knocked back to 9th July and from 7 to 14 days.. Nobody will touch it now

Interesting. I keep reading opening 1 July. A delay would not surprise me. Is this now official, viz has it been issued in the Royal Gazette?

On 6/7/2021 at 1:00 PM, konaboy said:

I was informed-"New Rule by Government"  We both must stay in room for all 15 days! OUCH!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Apparently this rule came in on 1 May: 

Other measures for a stay in Thailand ASQ / ALQ

The government also announced further restrictions for the stay in quarantine facility: 

☑️ Not allowed to leave the room, except for the COVID-19 test and medical treatment

☑️ 3 tests for COVID-19

https://thaiest.com/blog/thailand-increased-quarantine-period-to-14-days

how do you get a sim card for your phone if they usher you through at the airport and your stuck in the room?

sounds like your asq stay was a real ball breaker, and not a luxury stay, like on the brochure..

Edited by DerbyDan

24 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

how do you get a sim card for your phone if they usher you through at the airport and your stuck in the room?

Get one delivered - from Lazada, a friend, 7, the hotel (some hotels have been reported to supply one in a welcome pack).

10 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

sounds like your asq stay was a real ball breaker, and not a luxury stay, like on the brochure..

I just got out today ( 3rd time ), stayed at Cirus Suites on Suk soi 6, very impressed - 60K.

Great facilities and staff, hihgly recommened.

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Apparently this rule came in on 1 May: 

Other measures for a stay in Thailand ASQ / ALQ

The government also announced further restrictions for the stay in quarantine facility: 

☑️ Not allowed to leave the room, except for the COVID-19 test and medical treatment

☑️ 3 tests for COVID-19

https://thaiest.com/blog/thailand-increased-quarantine-period-to-14-days

This is correct, i left my room for a total of less than 15 minutes for my duration of stay.

• Sad 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:00 AM, konaboy said:

I and my 11 year old son started the difficult journey from Hawaii  through the morass of documentation and expense to get to Thailand 10 days ago. 

Just out of curiosity... you come from Hawaii which is, in my opinion, way better than Thailand except for the girls... why on earth would you want to come here?