Thai police offer 3,000 baht rewards for arrest of annoying street racers

webfact

10 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Out on my Bike this morning and suddenly 15 very loud 'Racers' screamed past me at high speed weaving in and out of traffic. Noticeable that not one had a number plate but they all obviously had a Death Wish.   All very well but it's the innocent people who will die as a result of their recklessness and the Police uselessness.     Police should not need to offer rewards if they get off their Butt's and do their job properly.    Twenty minutes later i passed our local Police Station....Zzzzzzzz as usual !

Twenty minutes later i passed our local Police Station....Zzzzzzzz as usual !

They were in a meeting....thinking.

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Never mind about the reward, just make it legal for foreigners to own a gun and shoot them.  That would provide a permanent solution and be Infinitely more fun for the American gun fanatics who reside here in Thailand and often pop up on this forum . ????????????

I think they are all too busy on the Mexican border but maybe an idea TAT could take up by promoting they take holidays here while continuing their hobby.

• Haha 1

Just now, ThaiFelix said:

I think they are all too busy on the Mexican border but maybe an idea TAT could take up by promoting they take holidays here while continuing their hobby.

Maybe they would be allowed their sniper rifles from the window sills of their room during their quarantine period ?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Two got two months in jail, halved to one month then suspended for six months. 

Two were going through the youth courts and warnings had been issued to their parents about their offsprings' future conduct.

In the second case 3 youth were arrested by the Wang Nam Yen police in Sa Kaeo on May 26th with the parents warned and promises about their future good behavior made. 

In other words: They ALL are racing again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Age laws.

Thai law has clearly stated that all children aged below the age of 7 years cannot be legally punished. Those between 7 and 14 still cannot be punished, but the court may impose behavioural control through probation.

Fill yer boots if your under 7.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Looking again for cheap snitches, screw them ! Give the kids the freedom to ride and race.

Say that after someone you know gets taken out by one of these kids having a bit of freedom.  

34 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Should send them to China as I have seen that there are attitude adjustment centers in that country.

Big fenced centers that are used for any kind of attitude that needs adjusting.

Geezer

And if that doesn't work, they have crematoriums and landfills they can use.

• Like 1

Makes me laugh - all the Old Farts in this topic, who had no life as kids and continue the tradition today.

Suit and tie when young, socks with sandals when old !

Jealous of those who get out, grab life by the throat, and hang on !

Life is full of hazards. Get over it.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 11:50 AM, Surelynot said:

I would quite happily pay the police 3000 baht if they would do something about the tuk-tuks on our soi with modified (or non-existent) exhausts..........

They will be round to collect tomorrow,

On 6/7/2021 at 3:18 PM, RafPinto said:

Twenty minutes later i passed our local Police Station....Zzzzzzzz as usual !

They were in a meeting....thinking.

Yeah, thinking about when/where to conduct the first meeting which would be to define why the committee was formed, and the date of the next meeting to decide who should attend the meetings, but postponed because of golf dates. 

• Confused 1

Yes let's put more people in the filthy, overcrowded, covid ridden prisons who have basically done sweet <deleted> all. 

What a joke. Take their bikes or confiscate the licenses they probably don't have but let's leave custodial sentences out of it. Probably include the 1000s doing boob for possessing a couple of yaba or smoking a joint.

Had to to laugh at one set of charges  though 2 months reduced to 1 month suspended for 6 months lol.

Edited by starky

It's not just Thai tearaways.  There's a couple of farangs trying to hold back the years by buying look-at-me bikes; exhausts you can hear three miles away; at speeds way over the mooban limit; coming home at 3am!