14 Days Quarantines for Interprovincial Travel

Are there quarantines at the moment for traveling between provinces?

Let's say, I fly (or bus or train) from Bangkok to Chiang Mai or Ubon Ratchathani - would I have to stay there for 14 days before returning?

I have some urgent visa business in another province, but can't stay there for two weeks due to work commitments in Bangkok.

• Like 1

I arrived in Nakhon Phanom by air from Bangkok yesterday, and every passenger on the flight had his or her details recorded and each one had a nasal swab. We are all expected to spend 14 days in quarantine, and this morning we had a visit from three health workers. They will be checking on us regularly.

3 minutes ago, Ombra said:

I arrived in Nakhon Phanom by air from Bangkok yesterday, and every passenger on the flight had his or her details recorded and each one had a nasal swab. We are all expected to spend 14 days in quarantine, and this morning we had a visit from three health workers. They will be checking on us regularly.

Do you know what would happen if you drove there by car. ?

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Do you know what would happen if you drove there by car. ?

I think that it depends on where you come from. Our flight was from Bangkok where the number of infected people is the highest and so the authorities are strict. If you come from elsewhere in the northeast, quarantine may not be required. Nevertheless, I would still report my arrival if I were you. If you don't, someone else might, and then you'd have a problem.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ombra said:

Blimey. They are onto it then. Won't go down to well with the many Thai bashers.

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:
2 hours ago, 2009 said:

I have some urgent visa business in another province, but can't stay there for two weeks due to work commitments in Bangkok.

We are talking about the safety of the HUMAN RACE!!!  You must put your "urgency" on hold as you do what is safe to protect our species!!!!

Assume by "urgent visa business" he his speaking about annual extension, if he puts his extension on hold, will Immigration. I think not.

47 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Blimey. They are onto it then. Won't go down to well with the many Thai bashers.

No, you're right. It is not what we normally hear. When I think about it, though, the work of the medical staff is even more impressive. An Airbus A320 carries about 180 passengers and yesterday's flight was very full, but the large number of medical people at the airport dealt with the whole lot in no more than twenty minutes. Then when that was finished, they identified the nearest medical centre of each passenger and sent out information all over the province, so that when their colleagues came to work this morning, they knew where to go and were on their motorbikes before nine.

However, given that this is TV, it is appropriate to end with a complaint, and that is that the nurse told me that my quarantine period starts from 9 a.m. today rather than 4 p.m. yesterday. That is an extra 17 hours!

• Like 2

Every village has its appointed response team.

However you arrive, by car, plane or bus, you will receive a visit pretty promptly.

Most places require 14-day quarantine, however if you are doing quick business, and going back to where you came from, they will not stop you going home.

However, depending where you came from you may need to do another 14-day quarantine when you return home.

If it's deep red bangkok, then I don't think anyone will be monitoring you're coming and going

• Like 1

18 hours ago, internationalism said:

go by car. Take thai driver or a member of thai family and explain, that you are visiting just for a few hours.

If problem at checkpoint simply get back and take a different route.

Flying is more rigorous, for example to samui need tests. But not when driving

So if you arrive by car in samui do you need to go into quarantine ? 
I am returning to my home there at end of the month from up north and plan on driving there with my wife. If so then how are we supposed to get groceries etc if we are to arrive and quarantine ????

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

go by car. Take thai driver or a member of thai family and explain, that you are visiting just for a few hours.

If problem at checkpoint simply get back and take a different route.

Flying is more rigorous, for example to samui need tests. But not when driving

In my wife's village, anyone coming from Bangkok is flagged.  Health care workers visit every day, and the rest of the village keeps an eye on them to make sure they don't walk about.  Impossible to get around this in such small villages! LOL

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I just looked at flights and there was no mention of covid testing or quarantine. Maybe they don't tell you.

I flew from DonMueang to Udon Thani yesterday, no Covid19 test required, and nobody mentioned anything about quarantine. At Udon Thani airport, they took down your name and phone number, many passengers downloaded the app that was suggested and completed the information that way. Thats all! I guess different rules in different provinces!

PS: Am fully vaccinated...

Edited by UTH001
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UTH001 said:

I flew from DonMueang to Udon Thani yesterday, no Covid19 test required, and nobody mentioned anything about quarantine. At Udon Thani airport, they took down your name and phone number, many passengers downloaded the app that was suggested and completed the information that way. Thats all! I guess different rules in different provinces!

PS: Am fully vaccinated...

Ok, so no 14 day quarantine required

19 hours ago, Ombra said:

No, you're right. It is not what we normally hear. When I think about it, though, the work of the medical staff is even more impressive. An Airbus A320 carries about 180 passengers and yesterday's flight was very full, but the large number of medical people at the airport dealt with the whole lot in no more than twenty minutes. Then when that was finished, they identified the nearest medical centre of each passenger and sent out information all over the province, so that when their colleagues came to work this morning, they knew where to go and were on their motorbikes before nine.

However, given that this is TV, it is appropriate to end with a complaint, and that is that the nurse told me that my quarantine period starts from 9 a.m. today rather than 4 p.m. yesterday. That is an extra 17 hours!

Ergo where that magical 15th day comes from.

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

So if you arrive by car in samui do you need to go into quarantine ? 
I am returning to my home there at end of the month from up north and plan on driving there with my wife. If so then how are we supposed to get groceries etc if we are to arrive and quarantine ????

a few threads below somebody said he travelled to samui without quarantine, even tests.

While others said they had them when arriving to airport.

If you are quarantined you do shopping online or ask neighbours, friends for help. You can't leave home unless 

medical emergency

• Like 1

Just drove from Pattaya to Korat and returned the next day. Nothing about being stopped and checked at all in both directions.

Got stopped at a police roadblock after Sara Buri. They had four desks with four police taking money. They got my wife for 500 baht for speeding. She was doing 140kph and I told her it was a 90kph speed limit...... of course she ignored me. They must have had a cop with a radar gun a few miles back, who then radioed ahead the license plates to the roadblock. There were a lot of Thais paying the same fine.

• Like 2

Just driven to Cha Am from Nonthaburi.  Nonthaburi was a Red zone and the local area of Phetchaburi around the Cal Comp Electronics factory ( between the end of Rama II and Phetchaburi City) is now a Red Zone.  I was expecting road blocks all down highway 4, but not  a police post in site.  On previous occasions I usually run into a police check 50% of the journeys. 

Maybe because Covid-19 is transmitted  in the air, flying is more of a problem.   Or is it that they don't have police posts in the sky to stop and check you?     

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

She was doing 140kph and I told her it was a 90kph speed limit...... of course she ignored me. 

Covid will be the last of her worries.  Most Thais don't have the driving skills to handle driving at that speed.  There's no vaccine for aggressive Thai driving unfortunately.  It's simply self-limiting.  People kill themselves and others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n8sail said:

I drive from Chon Buri to Rayong every day for work.  Not one check point, except on 36 road for about 3 days in the very beginning.   Traffic was too much, so they took it down.  Sukhumvit between Chon Buri and Rayong has never had one checkpoint, ever, even during the legit lockdowns last year.

My mates regularly drive from BKK to Rayong and Chon Buri.  Several friends just this weekend, come to the beach, stay over night, drive back.   No checkpoints.  No quarantine.  If they really wanted to take this seriously, they should not allow this type of travel, but if they really stopped this type of travel, the entire Eastern Seaboard economy would grind to a halt.  Eastern Economic Corridor is what, 20% of GDP?  (without ANY tourism activities, that is)

Not that sitting OUTSIDE, ON A BEACH IN HIGH UV with 15 knots of wind, has literally ANY risk at all of transmitting or contracting COVID.

I wish these no-talent a$$ clowns would read the current research on how this is actually transmitted and how infinitesimally small the risk of outdoor transmission is, even with horribly ill people around you.  And if there is ANY wind at all, there is nearly 0 risk.  Even if you're yelling and drinking and sitting close to each other.  Nearly 0 risk.

This research is 6 months old already.  I imagine there are even more current sources supporting what I'm saying above:  https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/articles/covid-christmas-special

I get what you are saying here, but really a lot of countries have worse idiocy going on than than Thailand.

Take Melbourne, Australia for instance..

A city of 5million or so keep getting locked down when just 4 people are infected, and that's when they ALREADY have them controlled and in quarantine!!

Ive read reports there have been NO covid deaths at all in Australia this year, yet the P.M still has a ban on international outward travel.

Thailand may have a few frustrating things going on, but try being stuck (being held prisoner) in Australia now.

It really sucks.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, connda said:

Covid will be the last of her worries.  Most Thais don't have the driving skills to handle driving at that speed.  There's no vaccine for aggressive Thai driving unfortunately.  It's simply self-limiting.  People kill themselves and others.

Not long limited enough apparently. There are still plenty of people on the roads 'dying' to get somewhere.

If you were correct then the population of the Kingdom would drop by at least 50% within weeks.

57 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Wife drives regularly from Bangkok to Prachuap  KhiriKhan, nothing stops  her, no tests nothing.

Prachuap Khiri Khan is on my list of re-visit trips on my bike ride-outs but I'm going nowhere until things are back to normal. 

I went to a hospital today for something very minor (don't pray for me, yet)....

i saw a sign:

"Tell us if you have been to Wuhan in the last 14-days."

I will have to remind myself to check for this sign 6-months from now.  

Note:  I've never seen a Chinese person in this city.   If you are from Wuhan, welcome!!!!   

• Haha 2