Apply for COVID extension on the last day

Just now, friendofthai said:

I hope so. Some people say that it is 60 days from the date of application.

I made edit to my post and asked which immigration office you will use.

That way you will receive info first hand about the office.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I made edit to my post and asked which immigration office you will use.

That way you will receive info first hand about the office.

I live in the city of Suratthani. I hope they will give me 60 more days. But if I should go to another province for my 60 days extension - I will do it for sure.

Edited by friendofthai

I got the extension done in Bangkok on 27 of may .. This is what I saw at changwattana. They make you wait at least 1 week after you submit the documents. If your visa expires in between  you will have to pay overstay .  The visa is renewed for 60 days from the current expiry date , it does not depend on your submission date .  Also give your residence in Thailand in the same provience as the immigration office . I saw a few guys turned away and told to report to other immigration office as they were not from Bangkok 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, GaneshK said:

They make you wait at least 1 week after you submit the documents. If your visa expires in between  you will have to pay overstay .

You would not be on an overstay.

You are given a under consideration stamp with a report back date to get the extension stamp that allows you to stay in the country until the application is approved.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

That is TOTALLY INCORRECT.

Totally incorrect is harsh. Agree that should be dated from end date of your current POS. 

When they first became available some immigration offices (not many) were dating the extension from day of application. Yes incorrectly.

• Like 1

I wonder if there is confusion with the 60 day visiting your Thai family extension. At Jomtien they were giving them from date of application for a while. My covid ones were from date of expiry. I went on the last day once and she told my wife I should have come earlier. Next they stapled in my passport come before a certain date. It was 10 days before expiry.